Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Again…it’s not a rural area. It’s leafy suburbia.
    Which is what makes it seem even more confining. Commercial retail is *right there* but so inaccessible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Which is what makes it seem even more confining. Commercial retail is *right there* but so inaccessible.
      That is how a lot of our region is..retail/commercial has it place and it’s not miles of cookie cutter development. I drive home often on back roads from Newtown Square and barely pass one store. Cheyney was a farm and the area was rural then. It’s just too far from West Chester or Baltimore Pike. Even along 926 there is little commercial until you get to 202. Cheyney should have moved years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

There's something to be said for remoteness in undergraduate education. It used to be billed as a positive.

Both sides of this conversation are correct. There are a lot of remote colleges in PA. Ever been to Bryn Athyn College? Arcadia University (formerly Beaver College)? Eastern University is remote. It's in a residential area far from Wawa. Immaculata University is isolated in the same way. Storied Ursinus is remote. Want to spend 4 years in Collegeville? How about Wilson College or St. Francis PA?

Then you have urban remoteness. It's a security risk to go off campus around Albright College in Reading. Lasalle is pretty much the same way.
        If you're talking about the Wilson College in Chambersburg, it's not all that remote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If you're talking about the Wilson College in Chambersburg, it's not all that remote.
          I know. I just threw that in to see if anyone would catch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I know. I just threw that in to see if anyone would catch it.
            Remote to me is that it’s out in the middle of nowhere. Eastern, Arcadia and Bryn Athyn are all in suburban areas.

I mean one could say Chatham University is remote. It’s in a park like area of Yinzerburgh and it’s not buses run on campus. It’s pretty though…

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship High has actually had a nice run of decent athletes recently. Cameron Tinner was an effective player for Ship recently, and the high school has a big four-star hulk named Anthony Smith who is graduating this year and has committed to Minnesota for football.
              Slight adjustment on that one ... Anthony Smith is already at Minnesota, had a tackle and a sack in mop-up time Thursday night. Minnesota fan sites have been saying that every time NFL scouts look in on practice, they're asking who's the defensive end with size (6-8, 270) and quicks.

I do wish Ship U hadn't let current SASHS quarterback Tucker Chamberlain slip away, but he's going for baseball anyway -- to the 'Ville. The next cross-town prospect they should be zeroing in on is senior WR Erby Weller, who could approach 70 catches this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Slight adjustment on that one ... Anthony Smith is already at Minnesota, had a tackle and a sack in mop-up time Thursday night. Minnesota fan sites have been saying that every time NFL scouts look in on practice, they're asking who's the defensive end with size (6-8, 270) and quicks.

I do wish Ship U hadn't let current SASHS quarterback Tucker Chamberlain slip away, but he's going for baseball anyway -- to the 'Ville. The next cross-town prospect they should be zeroing in on is senior WR Erby Weller, who could approach 70 catches this season.
                My bad on that one. Probably looking at the wrong season roster. They're off to a good 3-0 start this year with a Friday night win over a decent Spring Grove team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X