Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
    Well Bloom fans? What are everyone's final thoughts on the year? 4-7 isn't much of an improvement over last year's 3-8.
    I've been tracking our 3rd down % all year so for what it's worth it was 46 of 136 or about 34%.

Decisive win:
    BU 42 Clarion 3

Decisive losses
    Shepherd 55-10
    Kutztown 24-0
    Ship 31-17

Toss ups (8 points or less)

BU 17 Lock Haven 9
    BU 21 West Chester 16
    BU 16 Mercyhurst 13
    Stonehill - overtime loss
    Edinboro- overtime loss
    East Stroudsburg - 6 point loss
    Millersville - 8 point loss

I suppose we could have been 1-10 as easily as 8-3. Hopefully the staff cleans some things up for next season. In the meantime, good luck to our PSAC reps this post season.
    I think this team was basically about the same as last year and benefited from a much more generous crossover schedule. Considering how young the team was I think treading water is honestly an acceptable result but from a process perspective there were enough bad decisions and lack of preparedness on gamedays that I’m not really sold on Sheptock after two years at the helm and wouldn’t be surprised if next year was his last year. The offensive staff might need some changes because I didn’t think their game-planning or play-calling was really up to the task of winning. I’m not opposed to the offensive system as a whole it just seemed badly run at times. How much of that was the coaches and how much was the players being undeveloped or just not that good is a question I’m not well-equipped to answer as I’m neither a coach or former player. I said before that I want to see how the team looks next year after another offseason of S&C, practices with the playbook, and another recruiting cycle. If the guys who stay show improvement and the team takes a step up to .500 somehow but not winning then I think the AD will have a tricky decision on his hands. Another losing season though and I don’t think Sheptock will be around any longer unless ol’ Steph Petit is willing to pay his whole salary through donations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

I think this team was basically about the same as last year and benefited from a much more generous crossover schedule. Considering how young the team was I think treading water is honestly an acceptable result but from a process perspective there were enough bad decisions and lack of preparedness on gamedays that I’m not really sold on Sheptock after two years at the helm and wouldn’t be surprised if next year was his last year. The offensive staff might need some changes because I didn’t think their game-planning or play-calling was really up to the task of winning. I’m not opposed to the offensive system as a whole it just seemed badly run at times. How much of that was the coaches and how much was the players being undeveloped or just not that good is a question I’m not well-equipped to answer as I’m neither a coach or former player. I said before that I want to see how the team looks next year after another offseason of S&C, practices with the playbook, and another recruiting cycle. If the guys who stay show improvement and the team takes a step up to .500 somehow but not winning then I think the AD will have a tricky decision on his hands. Another losing season though and I don’t think Sheptock will be around any longer unless ol’ Steph Petit is willing to pay his whole salary through donations.
      Bloom seemed to have a season similar to Ship's — young players leading to up-and-down performances. Unfortunately, a lot were down. Like Bloom fans, I think the hope is that the young guys getting minutes this season will start to blossom and result in a better performance next season. The only problem with that scenario is that a lot of other clubs were youthful this season as well, so we'll have to see how it plays out. It was a strange season overall in the PSAC, especially in the East. How do you explain West Chester losing to both Bloom and Ship, but also beating Gannon and pounding Kutztown? I don't think I can.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X