Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom

Bloomsburg looks to start 18 freshmen or sophomores and have 38 underclassmen total listed on the depth chart.

Bloom going with a new QB FR KJ Riley
    High School: Danville Area
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 200
    Position: Quarterback

Bio:
    All-State First Team in 2019 and 2020 ... Eastern PA football Player of the Year in 2020 ... Record holder for most passing yards in a career and most passing touchdowns in a career at Danville Area High School ... District Champion and led Danville Area to a Semi-Final state run in 2020.. In 2021 attended Berkshire School In Massachusetts.

Backup is So. LePoidevin.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...s_-_Week_1.pdf

QB play was okay with the running game as they gained 180 yards, after last year's average of 118 per game. The game plan was obviously to run the ball, but 56 carries for 3.2 yards per carry isn't very exciting. Only 13 passing attempts with 7 completions for 48 yards. The plan must have been to stay away from the pass rush and secondary, as Bloom is inexperienced on the OL.

Stonehill looked like the better team, especially with personnel. Bloom got some lucky bounces with turnovers, and had an 11 point lead with about 6 minutes to go in the game. Penalties hurt, but the blocking below the waist in OT, put a stop to ultimately winning the game with a short fg in OT. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Overall a better outing against a D1Stonehill than against a D2 Stonehill last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      QB play was okay with the running game as they gained 180 yards, after last year's average of 118 per game. The game plan was obviously to run the ball, but 56 carries for 3.2 yards per carry isn't very exciting. Only 13 passing attempts with 7 completions for 48 yards. The plan must have been to stay away from the pass rush and secondary, as Bloom is inexperienced on the OL.

Stonehill looked like the better team, especially with personnel. Bloom got some lucky bounces with turnovers, and had an 11 point lead with about 6 minutes to go in the game. Penalties hurt, but the blocking below the waist in OT, put a stop to ultimately winning the game with a short fg in OT. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Overall a better outing against a D1Stonehill than against a D2 Stonehill last year.
      I thought there were alot of up sides to Blooms performance. on D the DL and Linebackers played well, could have used a better pass rush. THe DBs made alot of mistakes showing inexperience, but showed occasional talent - great INT in the End zone. Maybe there is a limited play set because of the experience, but I would have liked to see them pass more, That sweep play never worked, and thy kept running it. They have two good receivers in Pollard, and the TE. Riley seemed pretty accurate. I think you'll see a lot of improvement as the season goes on. I think they'll have a winning season this year, given the poor performance of Ship, ESU, and KU

Comment

I didn’t get a chance to watch/follow the game due to work and another commitment but looking through the box score/play by play I have a few observations:
        1. It’s a bad sign when you’re +3 in turnover margin and still can’t win. I’m a bit worried about how this team will look in a turnover neutral game.
        2. Bloomsburg had three 4th and 1s and one 4th and 2 and opted to kick on all of them. I can understand punting on 4th and 1 from your own 37 late in the 4th and somewhat understand kicking a FG in 2OT (although I would have preferred going for it) but the other two punt decisions felt excessively conservative for a team that wants running to be their identity. Perhaps Sheptock is a Tresselball disciple.
        3. Speaking of punting that final punt was about the worst possible time for a shank. If the punter had done as well as his previous two-three punts Bloom might have pinned Stonehill deep enough to keep things from going to OT in the first place. Very unclutch.

Comment

I wasn't expecting a Bloom victory, but the game was more competitive than expected. Maybe the Huskies can improve on last year's 3-8.
          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I feel the young Frosh Qb making his 1st start showed a lot of guts and played hard. He made mistakes, but a ton of potential! Extremel young team, some key losses in off season, some to transfer some to injuries. Don''t think they go to playoffs or win division, but look much better.

Comment

Bloomsburg's goal this season after the last few down years should be to finish around .500. A solid effort against a Stonehill team that moved up to DI-AA/FCS this year and easily beat the Huskies last season is an encouraging start, even if losing in overtime after leading late in regulation is a disappointing outcome in the context of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                Bloomsburg's goal this season after the last few down years should be to finish around .500. A solid effort against a Stonehill team that moved up to DI-AA/FCS this year and easily beat the Huskies last season is an encouraging start, even if losing in overtime after leading late in regulation is a disappointing outcome in the context of the game.
                Two critical games for 6-5 or 7-4 season are 9/24 vs SHIP and 10/8 @ KUTZ. A growing season is definitely there for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                  I agree with all these posts. The problem in evaluating Bloom based on that game is that we don't know how good Stonehill is. I expected them to make some upgrades to move up in division. However, they could still be the same Stonehill as last year in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I agree with all these posts. The problem in evaluating Bloom based on that game is that we don't know how good Stonehill is. I expected them to make some upgrades to move up in division. However, they could still be the same Stonehill as last year in D2.
                    Losing by 3 in double OT in a game they could have won, is an improvement over losing by 22 last year.

Comment

Bloom has some skill people, but not much on the OL and DL. Passing game showed today with 284 yards on 14 for 16. Some nice fakes with the run, and QB rolling out to find wr. Running game with 214 for 497 total offense.

Clarion has a good run game. I think their punter hit one for over 90 yards with the wind.

Stonehill won 76-0, after winning in double OT last week.

Comment

Bloom has some skill people, but not much on the OL and DL. Passing game showed today with 284 yards on 14 for 16. Some nice fakes with the run, and QB rolling out to find wr. Running game with 214 for 497 total offense.

Clarion has a good run game. I think their punter hit one for over 90 yards with the wind.

Stonehill won 76-0, after winning in double OT last week.
                        That Stonehill win was over Post, a brand new D2 team.

Beating Clarion soundly is a second straight week with an encouraging result.

Comment

Bloomsburg looks to start 18 freshmen or sophomores and have 38 underclassmen total listed on the depth chart.

Backup is So. LePoidevin.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...s_-_Week_1.pdf
                          Is his nickname the LePoidevin Throw Way?

Comment

Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post

Is his nickname the LePoidevin Throw Way?
                            He split time with Reis last year after Leiby was injured or else he wouldn't have seen the field. If Leiby didn't jump ship to start his teaching career, Leiby would have been the man this year too. There are five QBs on the team, including his brother LePoidevin. May the best man win.

Comment

Another OT loss. Tough way to lose the lead on third and three from the Bloomsburg 19 with about 6 minutes to go in the game , Edinboro interception to the Bloom 3. In OT two pass interference calls takes Ediinboro to the 3 yard line. 11 turnovers between the 2 teams; it must have been an ugly game to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X