Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you very young! Unfortunately you don't get these games back! Should of, could of but didn't! Plenty of fault to go around, not just coaches, but bad call vs Ediboro. Some injuries(happens in football), some bad luck but some good luck vs West Chester. Next year close games have to turn into wins

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
      I agree with you very young! Unfortunately you don't get these games back! Should of, could of but didn't! Plenty of fault to go around, not just coaches, but bad call vs Ediboro. Some injuries(happens in football), some bad luck but some good luck vs West Chester. Next year close games have to turn into wins
      The 12 players on the field for a punt is just inexcusable. Only so much of that can get blamed on a coach. It's not Week 1. You can only take the horse to water.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They had 2 Seniors and 3 Grad students on the roster this week. Not sure what your expectations are for a team with that lack of experience...
        The things CC_BU mentioned having nothing to do whether you have senior or grad students on your roster. Every player has been in this offensive system the same amount of time. Also, they have changed their approach multiple times so that creates confusion. Personal packages are being sent in late on the play clock and not everyone is settled in to get the signals. It leads to timeouts and players being unsettled to execute.

The 12 men on the field was caused by one of the coaches calling for the player to go out on the field. This wasn't a player issue as far as I could tell.

Until they find an identity on offense and get more explosive this team will not be beating anyone consistently. Huskies are dead last in passing in the PSAC.

Comment

They had 2 Seniors and 3 Grad students on the roster this week. Not sure what your expectations are for a team with that lack of experience...
          It was the 8th game of the season and considering BU was at home noise wasn’t really a factor in those near delay of games. At a certain point “the team is young” stops working as an excuse for simple things like getting a play off in time.

Comment

First let me tip my hat to East Stroudsburg. Second, I didn't have high expectations at all and would have been thrilled with a .500 season. Lastly, I'm not angry. Disappointed yes, but not angry. During the Hale years we had our day in the sun, now we're at the bottom. It is what it is and hopefully there are better things ahead.

I hope my previous post didn't come across as a foaming at the mouth rant. LOL
            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

It was the 8th game of the season and considering BU was at home noise wasn’t really a factor in those near delay of games. At a certain point “the team is young” stops working as an excuse for simple things like getting a play off in time.
              Generally speaking, 22 and 23 year old men will push around 18 and 19 year old men...8 games doesn't change that

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

The things CC_BU mentioned having nothing to do whether you have senior or grad students on your roster. Every player has been in this offensive system the same amount of time. Also, they have changed their approach multiple times so that creates confusion. Personal packages are being sent in late on the play clock and not everyone is settled in to get the signals. It leads to timeouts and players being unsettled to execute.

The 12 men on the field was caused by one of the coaches calling for the player to go out on the field. This wasn't a player issue as far as I could tell.

Until they find an identity on offense and get more explosive this team will not be beating anyone consistently. Huskies are dead last in passing in the PSAC.
                By no means should the coaching of the team be overlooked...

Comment

Generally speaking, 22 and 23 year old men will push around 18 and 19 year old men...8 games doesn't change that
                  I wasn’t disputing that idea; it would be foolish to ignore decades of evidence showing the effects of age difference on athletic performance. I was mostly just supporting CC_BU’s points about coaching and preparation failures. By game 8 most of the procedural issues like delays of game and 12 men should be cleaned up, even for young squads. I never had any delusions that this team would be particularly good but the little things like that only make the uphill climb steeper.

Comment

Not much to say. Game was exactly as expected. Good luck to Shepherd the rest of the way.
                    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

If Temple/Navy in Annapolis wasn’t also taking place today, I would have attended Bloomsburg/Shepherd today.

Looking at the final score (not a surprise), maybe it’s a good thing Temple at Navy WAS scheduled for today.
                      Last edited by CHIP72; 10-29-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Very quiet on the bloom string and understandably so. Bloom football has taken a step back this year ...even if they manage a win at Mercyhurst next week. This coaching staff has struggled week to week. Offense and defense both ranked #13 in the PSAC. Keep waiting to see changes on game day but the same mistakes keep showing up. With all the confusion on offense we burned all 3 timeouts by early 4th qtr. So when we had 10 men on the field for a FG attempt we couldnt get the 11th guy on because we couldnt stop the clock. We had on onside kick at end of game...if by a miracle we recovered it would have not counted because we had a illegal formation. It never ends and feels like your watching a high school game.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post
                          Very quiet on the bloom string and understandably so. Bloom football has taken a step back this year ...even if they manage a win at Mercyhurst next week. This coaching staff has struggled week to week. Offense and defense both ranked #13 in the PSAC. Keep waiting to see changes on game day but the same mistakes keep showing up. With all the confusion on offense we burned all 3 timeouts by early 4th qtr. So when we had 10 men on the field for a FG attempt we couldnt get the 11th guy on because we couldnt stop the clock. We had on onside kick at end of game...if by a miracle we recovered it would have not counted because we had a illegal formation. It never ends and feels like your watching a high school game.
                          There were some comments on the live thread, but not much. Couldn't agree with you more. Coaching staff gets a D. They are physically overmatched on lines, but the coaching mistakes are glaring. The offense is especially concerning. Hale used to run a handful of plays, and preached running them to perfection so nobody could stop them, even when the knew what was coming. This offense has no identity and almost seems to complicated for players and coaches to get a handle on it. I give HC another year to see some improvement. Otherwise, past coaching changes usually occurred with 3 subpar seasons in a row.

Comment

The one thing I’ll say in defense of the coaching staff
                            is that they’ve basically kept the team quality about the same as last year even though they’ve gotten substantially younger. I don’t see Sheptock lasting past next year with all of the shaky in-game decisions but you can hope that with another offseason of S&C and another camp with the playbook that some of the young guys who don’t transfer out start to improve and the team show signs of life. Odds are against that and we’ll probably be arguing over who should be the next new coach though and there’ll either be another mass exodus of guys who don’t fit a system or he’ll be the one to reap the benefits of that work by the young guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
                              The one thing I’ll say in defense of the coaching staff
                              is that they’ve basically kept the team quality about the same as last year even though they’ve gotten substantially younger. I don’t see Sheptock lasting past next year with all of the shaky in-game decisions but you can hope that with another offseason of S&C and another camp with the playbook that some of the young guys who don’t transfer out start to improve and the team show signs of life. Odds are against that and we’ll probably be arguing over who should be the next new coach though and there’ll either be another mass exodus of guys who don’t fit a system or he’ll be the one to reap the benefits of that work by the young guys.
                              You bring up a good point. Will be interesting to see what the player retention is like this off-season.

Comment

and I do see them beating 'hurst Sat. "Hurst has 7 qb on the roster and 3 starters which means they do not have 1 starter. At this point, from what I've watched, the o-line is always overmatched....my grandma had 2 sacks against them last week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X