Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the last several years have been down, but I'm not one to pile on the coaching staff. That being said, I won't totally disagree that a change may be needed. I'll stand by Coach Sheptock for now, but another year like this and who knows. I wonder what Tom Pajic is up to. Wasn't he one of Hale's offensive coordinators once upon a time?
    GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I think Coach Shep definitely gets another year! If he can keep this young group together they should blossom and have a better year. They have to learn how to win, he must clean up some things!! I think I said before, plenty of fault to go around, but he still gets 1 more year to prove himself

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
        I think Coach Shep definitely gets another year! If he can keep this young group together they should blossom and have a better year. They have to learn how to win, he must clean up some things!! I think I said before, plenty of fault to go around, but he still gets 1 more year to prove himself
        Regarding the bolded portion of your sentence above ... lock the gates come Sunday. Portal Monday is coming fast.

Comment

If last season off season and portal taught anyone anything, was it isn't that easy to transfer and find a home. Maybe players at Bloom are there and have nowhere else to go now!! Some good players never ended up anywhere this year, some went to lower level, Players should just stay Put

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
            If last season off season and portal taught anyone anything, was it isn't that easy to transfer and find a home. Maybe players at Bloom are there and have nowhere else to go now!! Some good players never ended up anywhere this year, some went to lower level, Players should just stay Put
            I agree. Looking at the handful of players that I know are still playing, their statistics don't show much improvement with a new team. Granted they still have a game to play this year.

Punter Sattamini transfer to ESU for graduate school. Bloom 2021 had 64 attempts for average of 36.4. ESU 2022 had 42 attempts for average of 38.8.

WR Langley tramsfer to Cal. Bloom 2021 had 24 receptions for 635 yards. Cal 2022 had 22 receptions for 241 yards.

DL Pelligrino graduate transfer to Kutztown. Bloom 2021 played 3 games; injured. Bloom 2019 had 27 TOT. Kutztown 2022 had 20 TOT.

DE Simon transfer to Albany. Bloom 2021 had 60 TOT and 8 sacks. Albany 2022 had 19 TOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

I agree. Looking at the handful of players that I know are still playing, their statistics don't show much improvement with a new team. Granted they still have a game to play this year.

Punter Sattamini transfer to ESU for graduate school. Bloom 2021 had 64 attempts for average of 36.4. ESU 2022 had 42 attempts for average of 38.8.

WR Langley tramsfer to Cal. Bloom 2021 had 24 receptions for 635 yards. Cal 2022 had 22 receptions for 241 yards.

DL Pelligrino graduate transfer to Kutztown. Bloom 2021 played 3 games; injured. Bloom 2019 had 27 TOT. Kutztown 2022 had 20 TOT.

DE Simon transfer to Albany. Bloom 2021 had 60 TOT and 8 sacks. Albany 2022 had 19 TOT.
              I think we upgraded at punter this year but the others who left were playmakers and would have been contributors to a turn around. My point is if you lose 4 or 5 more of your playmakers it makes it difficult to build on 2022. Agree on the kids staying and not hitting the portal but if it happens i think you have to ask the question of why it is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

I think we upgraded at punter this year but the others who left were playmakers and would have been contributors to a turn around. My point is if you lose 4 or 5 more of your playmakers it makes it difficult to build on 2022. Agree on the kids staying and not hitting the portal but if it happens i think you have to ask the question of why it is happening.
                It's difficult to criticize the two players who left for graduate school, the other for a D1 opportunity, and the fourth was reportedly undisciplined. It's okay.

Of the 9 graduating seniors this year, 5 probably have eligibility left We will see if any go to graduate school and where.

I am sure their will be player losses for various reasons. Some need to fallow their zen and others for the good of the team.

Comment

It's difficult to criticize the two players who left for graduate school, the other for a D1 opportunity, and the fourth was reportedly undisciplined. It's okay.

Of the 9 graduating seniors this year, 5 probably have eligibility left We will see if any go to graduate school and where.

I am sure their will be player losses for various reasons. Some need to fallow their zen and others for the good of the team.
                  Who are the five that would still have eligibility?

Comment

I think you missed the point. There was no criticism directed at the players.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

I think you missed the point. There was no criticism directed at the players.

​​​​​​
                      There should be, but I guess criticizing players is in my head. I can excuse some portal players, but only a few. The grass isn't always greener.
                      Last edited by Bart; 11-10-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Who are the five that would still have eligibility?
                        Looking at the historical roster:
                        OL Bensigner
                        RB Ayres who said in halftime show, he would play in graduate school and is looking at graduate schools now
                        LB Burkhart
                        QB LePoievin
                        LB Nadautouski

Comment

Looking at the historical roster:
                          OL Bensigner
                          RB Ayres who said in halftime show, he would play in graduate school and is looking at graduate schools now
                          LB Burkhart
                          QB LePoievin
                          LB Nadautouski
                          I don’t see most of those guys being particularly in demand as transfers. Burkhart could be a rotational LB/ST guy somewhere. Bensinger looks like a part-time player as well but he could get a look elsewhere just because OL depth is always needed. Ayres… I just don’t see it. Nothing against the guy but he’s not really shown a lot as either a rusher or receiver so unless someone loves his blocking I’m not sure what kind of market he’d have. I can’t even find stats for the other linebacker. LePoidevin played okay-ish last season but lost his job this year and didn’t really wow in relief when Riley was injured. QBs tend to get a long leash so maybe he’ll find somewhere that wants him for a season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

I don’t see most of those guys being particularly in demand as transfers. Burkhart could be a rotational LB/ST guy somewhere. Bensinger looks like a part-time player as well but he could get a look elsewhere just because OL depth is always needed. Ayres… I just don’t see it. Nothing against the guy but he’s not really shown a lot as either a rusher or receiver so unless someone loves his blocking I’m not sure what kind of market he’d have. I can’t even find stats for the other linebacker. LePoidevin played okay-ish last season but lost his job this year and didn’t really wow in relief when Riley was injured. QBs tend to get a long leash so maybe he’ll find somewhere that wants him for a season.
                            I understand your point but there is a fit for everybody. The right place, the right situation, the right system... although not easy to find. All those guys have talent to play at the collegiate level.

LePoidevin is a prime example of a QB who needs the right system. He played well at times last year but w the move to zone read and a need for running QB it became a tough fit.

Comment

Well Bloom fans? What are everyone's final thoughts on the year? 4-7 isn't much of an improvement over last year's 3-8.
                              I've been tracking our 3rd down % all year so for what it's worth it was 46 of 136 or about 34%.

Decisive win:
                              BU 42 Clarion 3

Decisive losses
                              Shepherd 55-10
                              Kutztown 24-0
                              Ship 31-17

Toss ups (8 points or less)

BU 17 Lock Haven 9
                              BU 21 West Chester 16
                              BU 16 Mercyhurst 13
                              Stonehill - overtime loss
                              Edinboro- overtime loss
                              East Stroudsburg - 6 point loss
                              Millersville - 8 point loss

I suppose we could have been 1-10 as easily as 8-3. Hopefully the staff cleans some things up for next season. In the meantime, good luck to our PSAC reps this post season.
                              GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                                Well Bloom fans? What are everyone's final thoughts on the year? 4-7 isn't much of an improvement over last year's 3-8.
                                I've been tracking our 3rd down % all year so for what it's worth it was 46 of 136 or about 34%.

Decisive win:
                                BU 42 Clarion 3

Decisive losses
                                Shepherd 55-10
                                Kutztown 24-0
                                Ship 31-17

Toss ups (8 points or less)

BU 17 Lock Haven 9
                                BU 21 West Chester 16
                                BU 16 Mercyhurst 13
                                Stonehill - overtime loss
                                Edinboro- overtime loss
                                East Stroudsburg - 6 point loss
                                Millersville - 8 point loss

I suppose we could have been 1-10 as easily as 8-3. Hopefully the staff cleans some things up for next season. In the meantime, good luck to our PSAC reps this post season.

Great breakdown of the season. You could suggest we could have had a couple more wins but watching each of those games Bloom is lucky to have 4 wins. It was not a good year and they didn't take a step forward. Statistics support that statement. Huge issues w offensive productivity and really having no identity. Long way off from where we hoped this team would be when Sheptock was hired

​​​​

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X