Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    West Liberty defeated Alderson-Broaddus 30-17. After their 21-14 victory over Clarion, that has to be one of the hollowest 2-0 records I have ever seen. They get NDC next week... good luck.
    Well #boatcapt had a couple weeks of FB fun at least.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Well #boatcapt had a couple weeks of FB fun at least.
      Gotta beat who they have on the schedule. 2-0 is 2-0.

I too would be skeptical considering they've been terrible for a decade now, but maybe NDC is taking a big step back too so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Gotta beat who they have on the schedule. 2-0 is 2-0.

I too would be skeptical considering they've been terrible for a decade now, but maybe NDC is taking a big step back too so who knows.
        NDC would need to fall from an airliner to come close to dropping to WLU FB level. Wins over CLARION (5yr aver...3-8) and ABU (5yr aver...4-7) definitely count as Ws, but don't indicate anything else about the strength of the 'TOPPER FB program. Things could change at WLU, but probably not while MBB reigns supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

NDC would need to fall from an airliner to come close to dropping to WLU FB level. Wins over CLARION (5yr aver...3-8) and ABU (5yr aver...4-7) definitely count as Ws, but don't indicate anything else about the strength of the 'TOPPER FB program. Things could change at WLU, but probably not while MBB reigns supreme.
          I do hope Clarion wins tomorrow and snaps that losing streak (now at 17).

Comment

SR 1 Games to watch week 2....

GMAC...
            ODU @ TIFFIN-- One of the leaders gets an early L.
            ASHLAND @ FINDLEY-- Really bad for OILERS if they start 0-2, but it's a possibility.

MEC...
            CHAS barely avoided 0-2 with OT win @ FASU but EAGLES don't look competitive despite #3 PS spot.
            NDC should even their record and WU may come back to earth hard in the process.
            WVSU @ FRSU will be the most competitive game of the day with both teams looking to stay unbeaten.

PSAC...
            CAL @ KUTZ will answer two questions, are the VULCANS that good or are the G'BEARS that bad.
            SRU @ WCU will likely be very competitive game with some late play deciding the outcome.
            GU @ MILL is interesting to see if the G'KNIGHTS blowout in week one was the result of an explosive offense or bad defense.

NE10...
            ASSUMPTION clearly is not the second best in the conference.
            UNH will take out their bad feelings about the BSU loss on SCSU as the OWLS get plucked for the second week in a row.
            PACE @ BENTLEY should be very competitive if the SETTERS actually bite like they did last week.

Comment

Updates....

MEC
              FRSU trailing WVSU 3-7 at the 6:29 of the 3rd.

NE10
              UNH just pulled ahead of SCSU 17-13 with 2+ minutes in the half.

GMAC
              ODU trailing TIFFIN 13-14 with 8+ to go in the 3rd.

Comment

Tiffin has taken control, leading 28-13 with 3 minutes left, and just running it down ODU's throats. They look real good.

Comment

Tiffin has taken control, leading 28-13 with 3 minutes left, and just running it down ODU's throats. They look real good.
                  That conference is quickly turning into a meat grinder like the PSAC. Several good teams that eat each other alive.

Comment

Way too early, but if I had a top 7 RR This is how I’d have it after week 2:

1. Ashland- 2 best wins In region to date.
                    2. Slippery Rock
                    3. Tiffin
                    4. Shepherd
                    5. Frostburg state
                    6. St Anselm
                    7. IUP/Gannon

Comment

Teams to watch (good and bad) by conference.,.

GMAC--
                      TIFFIN and ASHLAND at 2-0
                      #1 Pre-season FINDLAY at 0-2

MEC--
                      FROSTBURG 2-0
                      Pre-season #1 NDC, #3 CHARLESTON and #4 UNC-P at 1-1
                      Just a sense that this will be a down year for MEC.

PSAC--
                      SHEP, IUP and SRU are undefeated and should remain so through Wk3.
                      KUTZ, CAL and WCU stumbling at 1-1. CAL goes to 1-2 while KUTZ and WCU take their chances in ERIE and it's likely one will go home 1-2.

NE10-- .
                      Pre-season#5 ST ANSELM 2-0 should remain undefeated for another week before they hit SCSU, UNH and @BENTLEY.
                      Pre-season #1 UNH, #2 ASSUMPTION, #3 BENTLEY, #4 PACE and #6 SCSU all stand at 1-1 and like the MEC no one seems ready to take control. Anyone's guess who will get the NE10 post season spot.

Comment

SCSU is 0-2 for the NE-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                          SCSU is 0-2 for the NE-10.
                          Thanks for the correction. They gave UNH a bit of a scare and will probably throw a wrench into someone's season.

Comment

My view at this point is that one of Ashland, Tiffin, Shepherd, or Slippery Rock wins the region. Everyone else is just competing for playoff spots.

Comment

My view at this point is that one of Ashland, Tiffin, Shepherd, or Slippery Rock wins the region. Everyone else is just competing for playoff spots.
                              Seems very likely, but upsets and injuries do happen. Time will tell.

Comment

Goodness, it’s WAY too early to make a prediction like that, but at least you “narrowed” it down to four. Joking aside, it’s not a bad list but I’d add Kutztown, IUP, and Cal as a longer shot. There are also a couple solid teams in the NE-10 that shouldn’t be overlooked. I think it’s up for grabs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X