Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Two big things are working against Cal, outside of the 3 losses.

The first is the head-to-head tie breaker with Kutztown. Even if Kutztown loses another game, that likely keeps them ahead of Cal.

The second is that SRU doesn't have a tie breaker over any of the big PSAC teams yet. So, Cal would probably be no better than the 4th PSAC team at season's end. I find it unlikely that one of the other conferences doesn't get two teams in.
    Good points. Even if Cal runs the table, I don't know if finishing 8-3 with quality wins over SRU and Gannon would be enough.
    http://www.indianagazette.com
    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Good points. Even if Cal runs the table, I don't know if finishing 8-3 with quality wins over SRU and Gannon would be enough.
      They better be real big #LIT-AF fans this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but Cal is going to need a lot of help to have any shot.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

#LIT-AF gets its moment to put up or shutup this weekend.
          True dat. Gannon game of the century this week at SRU. Loss at home to WC still disturbing 😳.

Comment

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but Cal is going to need a lot of help to have any shot.
            Please stop the silly CAL talk ..... it's over. There is no scenario outside of a collapse by IUP, SHEP, SRU and KUTZ/WCU that the VULCANS get into the playoffs. Looking back at the "VULCANS FB'22" thread on 7/28 I said this team could play excellent football and still end up going home in November with a legitimate 7-4 record. After losses to 3 top notch teams by a total of 9 points it looks like I'm a prophet. Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Courtesy of InkBlot- https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr1.html

Through week 6 he has it as:

1. IUP 5-0
              2. Shepherd 6-0
              3. Ashland 5-0
              4. Assumption 4-0
              5. Concord 5-1
              6. Notre Dame 4-2
              7. Kutztown 4-2
              8. New Haven 5-1
              9. Slippery Rock 5-1
              10. Gannon 5-1
              What's on that site is the raw numbers, not my rankings. My actual rankings are here:

Comment

Say it. Generally speaking, 3 loss teams don't make the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Say it. Generally speaking, 3 loss teams don't make the playoffs...
                  I agree.

Comment

I agree.
                    Sad thing is Cal would bear Concord by 35 points.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Please stop the silly CAL talk ..... it's over. There is no scenario outside of a collapse by IUP, SHEP, SRU and KUTZ/WCU that the VULCANS get into the playoffs. Looking back at the "VULCANS FB'22" thread on 7/28 I said this team could play excellent football and still end up going home in November with a legitimate 7-4 record. After losses to 3 top notch teams by a total of 9 points it looks like I'm a prophet. Enough.
                      West Chester is definitely done after losing to Bloom and Ship.

Comment

Sad thing is Cal would bear Concord by 35 points.
                        Most likely yes... but if you don't beat the teams in front of you then you don't deserve that playoff chance. Three loss teams didn't beat the teams in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Most likely yes... but if you don't beat the teams in front of you then you don't deserve that playoff chance. Three loss teams didn't beat the teams in front of them.
                          No arguing. Let's just say I'm not a believer in Concord.

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

C) They lost to a Fairmont State team that was clobbered by California

D) They struggled mightily with West Liberty

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.

Comment

No arguing. Let's just say I'm not a believer in Concord.

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

C) They lost to a Fairmont State team that was clobbered by California

D) They struggled mightily with West Liberty

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.
                            By that post, I 100% agree but you know it works. I just hope IUP gets that lay up if they don't get a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

By that post, I 100% agree but you know it works. I just hope IUP gets that lay up if they don't get a bye.
                              If the Rams don't get the bye, it sure would be nice to say hi to some old friends like Concord from the WVIAC.

Comment

For what it's worth, even though Concord doesn't have NDC on their schedule, I'd still bet they lose one or two of their remaining games. Charleston, WV State, Wheeling, and UNC Pembroke are all around the same tier of Fairmont. I think those are all essentially coin flips for Concord.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X