Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No arguing. Let's just say I'm not a believer in Concord.

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

C) They lost to a Fairmont State team that was clobbered by California

D) They struggled mightily with West Liberty

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.
    They will most likely lose there next two games (UC/WVSU).

Comment

Can the Boom Squad win at SRU on Saturday?

It's possible, although they are certainly the underdog.

Gannon's home loss to the walk-ons is looking uglier by the week. They have to take 2 of 3 against the West Big 3. Not likely. But, they could get one of them.

Tough stretch for the gym teachers ... Gannon this week and a trip to the Viet Mon the following.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

They will most likely lose there next two games (UC/WVSU).
        Living near UC and WVSU, I don't trust either of those teams either.

Comment

Can the Boom Squad win at SRU on Saturday?

It's possible, although they are certainly the underdog.

Gannon's home loss to the walk-ons is looking uglier by the week. They have to take 2 of 3 against the West Big 3. Not likely. But, they could get one of them.

Tough stretch for the gym teachers ... Gannon this week and a trip to the Viet Mon the following.
          It's hard to think a squad that lost to West Chester could get by one of the West's top three teams this year, but I suppose stranger things have happened (certainly didn't see IUP's loss to a mediocre Edinboro team happening last year). West Chester's frosh QB has some talent, but the Golden Rams have been plagued by turnovers and the inability to finish drives. Watching Ship play IUP and West Chester this season, it was easy to determine that IUP is a level above Ship this season. West Chester, somewhat to my surprise, is not. One thing I have to give Shepherd credit for the past few seasons is that they generally beat the teams they should beat — and usually beat them decisively.

Comment

No arguing. Let's just say I'm not a believer in Concord.

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

C) They lost to a Fairmont State team that was clobbered by California

D) They struggled mightily with West Liberty

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.
            WVWC is vastly improved this season although they haven't cracked the win column. They also gave West Liberty State a scare losing 23-21 and their loss at WVSU wasn't as bad as final score indicated. It was a 10 point game heading into the 4th quarter before they imploded..

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

WVWC is vastly improved this season although they haven't cracked the win column. They also gave West Liberty State a scare losing 23-21 and their loss at WVSU wasn't as bad as final score indicated. It was a 10 point game heading into the 4th quarter before they imploded..
              Somewhat agree. They aren't quite Lock Haven, but I'd say they are worse or equal to say Seton Hill. WVWC did lose by 72 to Saginaw to open the year, and it easily could have been over 100. NDC is still very talented and I think can go on a run, but the MEC as a whole is down this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Somewhat agree. They aren't quite Lock Haven, but I'd say they are worse or equal to say Seton Hill. WVWC did lose by 72 to Saginaw to open the year, and it easily could have been over 100. NDC is still very talented and I think can go on a run, but the MEC as a whole is down this year.
                They took that trip to SV over an invitation to Indiana. Might have been better off making the shorter trip. Result would have been about the same.

I think WVW plays AB here shortly. That should be a wild one.

The biggest challenge Lock Haven has is coming up in about a month. If they can't keep any of their current top players (which probably isn't likely) ... this all starts over again this offseason. They certainly have a handful of players who would be sought after by better programs. The 'minor league' or 'developmental' program status just makes it so difficult to rebuild. Kids go there for a year, get some good game film, and then move on to greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

They also gave West Liberty State a scare losing 23-21
                  Somehow I don’t find “they nearly beat another bad team” (WLU is 3-3 but their other two wins were a one-score game against Clarion and a win against AB, who is also awful) to be a particularly ringing endorsement of WVWC’s quality. They’re not quite as bad as Lock Haven but they’re about as close as you can get.

Comment

Significant games in SR1

GMAC....
                    ASHLAND @ ODU

​​​​MEC....
                    CONCORD @ UC

PSAC-WEST
                    SRU @ GANNON
                    PSAC-EAST
                    SHIP @ KUTZ

NE10
                    ASSUMPTION @ BENTLEY

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      Significant games in SR1

GMAC....
                      ASHLAND @ ODU

​​​​MEC....
                      CONCORD @ UC

PSAC-WEST
                      SRU @ GANNON
                      PSAC-EAST
                      SHIP @ KUTZ

NE10
                      ASSUMPTION @ BENTLEY
                      GMAC...
                      ASHLAND @ ODU 7:00 PM

MEC-...
                      UC-33 CONCORD-35 at the half... defenses missed the bus !!

PSAC-WEST...
                      GANNON 7 SRU 33 4:00 of 3rd

PSAC-EAST...
                      KUTZ 22 SHIP 10 starting 4th.

NE10....
                      BENTLEY 10 ASSUMPTION 0 11:00 4th qtr....offenses missed the bus !!

Comment

GMAC...
                        ASHLAND @ ODU 7:00 PM

MEC-...
                        UC-33 CONCORD-35 at the half... defenses missed the bus !!

PSAC-WEST...
                        GANNON 7 SRU 33 4:00 of 3rd

PSAC-EAST...
                        KUTZ 22 SHIP 10 starting 4th.

NE10....
                        BENTLEY 10 ASSUMPTION 0 11:00 4th qtr....offenses missed the bus !!
                        GMAC...
                        ASHLAND 0 ODU 7 6:00+ 4th qtr. Could decide conference PO rep.

MEC...
                        UC 60 CONCORD 68 LIONS survive and remain alive.

PSAC-WEST...
                        GU 7 SRU 40 ROCK still in the PO.

PSAC-EAST...
                        KUTZ 29 SHIP 10 G'BEARS still in the running.

NE10...
                        BENTLEY 10 ASSUMPTION 3 Bad home loss for GREYHOUNDS.

Comment

• Clarion with a huge win at Mercyhurst.

Cal gets out of Greensburg by 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Clarion with a huge win at Mercyhurst.

Cal gets out of Greensburg by 7.
                            Sad to say but it feels like my VULCANS are mailing it in. Next week could be ugly.

Comment

Sad to say but it feels like my VULCANS are mailing it in. Next week could be ugly.
                              I think they'll get up for next week. Cal can certainly beat SRU (if they are engaged). I'd call tonight a sleepwalk performance.

Comment

• I think the MEC is a weak conference. One team that worries me, if they get in is concord. I know the head coach, and he will have them ready to play. The playoffs are different win and go on. I wonder, does the MEC not play defense ever?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X