Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Can the Boom Squad win at SRU on Saturday?

It's possible, although they are certainly the underdog.

Gannon's home loss to the walk-ons is looking uglier by the week. They have to take 2 of 3 against the West Big 3. Not likely. But, they could get one of them.

Tough stretch for the gym teachers ... Gannon this week and a trip to the Viet Mon the following.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No arguing. Let's just say I'm not a believer in Concord.

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

C) They lost to a Fairmont State team that was clobbered by California

D) They struggled mightily with West Liberty

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.
    They will most likely lose there next two games (UC/WVSU).

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    For what it's worth, even though Concord doesn't have NDC on their schedule, I'd still bet they lose one or two of their remaining games. Charleston, WV State, Wheeling, and UNC Pembroke are all around the same tier of Fairmont. I think those are all essentially coin flips for Concord.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

By that post, I 100% agree but you know it works. I just hope IUP gets that lay up if they don't get a bye.
    If the Rams don't get the bye, it sure would be nice to say hi to some old friends like Concord from the WVIAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

A) They get to skip (fake) Notre Dame this year. Granted, no fault of their own.

B) They beat West Virginia Wesleyan (the MEC version of Lock Haven) by a score of 34-32

Is what it is ... but there's not a chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks they are a Top 5 team in SR1.
    By that post, I 100% agree but you know it works. I just hope IUP gets that lay up if they don't get a bye.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Most likely yes... but if you don't beat the teams in front of you then you don't deserve that playoff chance. Three loss teams didn't beat the teams in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Sad thing is Cal would bear Concord by 35 points.
    Most likely yes... but if you don't beat the teams in front of you then you don't deserve that playoff chance. Three loss teams didn't beat the teams in front of them.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Please stop the silly CAL talk ..... it's over. There is no scenario outside of a collapse by IUP, SHEP, SRU and KUTZ/WCU that the VULCANS get into the playoffs. Looking back at the "VULCANS FB'22" thread on 7/28 I said this team could play excellent football and still end up going home in November with a legitimate 7-4 record. After losses to 3 top notch teams by a total of 9 points it looks like I'm a prophet. Enough.
    West Chester is definitely done after losing to Bloom and Ship.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I agree.
    Sad thing is Cal would bear Concord by 35 points.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Say it. Generally speaking, 3 loss teams don't make the playoffs...
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but Cal is going to need a lot of help to have any shot.
    Say it. Generally speaking, 3 loss teams don't make the playoffs...

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Courtesy of InkBlot- https://inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr1.html

Through week 6 he has it as:

1. IUP 5-0
    2. Shepherd 6-0
    3. Ashland 5-0
    4. Assumption 4-0
    5. Concord 5-1
    6. Notre Dame 4-2
    7. Kutztown 4-2
    8. New Haven 5-1
    9. Slippery Rock 5-1
    10. Gannon 5-1
    What's on that site is the raw numbers, not my rankings. My actual rankings are here:

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but Cal is going to need a lot of help to have any shot.
    Please stop the silly CAL talk ..... it's over. There is no scenario outside of a collapse by IUP, SHEP, SRU and KUTZ/WCU that the VULCANS get into the playoffs. Looking back at the "VULCANS FB'22" thread on 7/28 I said this team could play excellent football and still end up going home in November with a legitimate 7-4 record. After losses to 3 top notch teams by a total of 9 points it looks like I'm a prophet. Enough.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

#LIT-AF gets its moment to put up or shutup this weekend.
    True dat. Gannon game of the century this week at SRU. Loss at home to WC still disturbing 😳.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Good points. Even if Cal runs the table, I don't know if finishing 8-3 with quality wins over SRU and Gannon would be enough.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X