X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

IUP is still in the discussion since their season doesn't really get started until 10/1 vs SRU. CAL and KUTZ both have a bad loss and it's highly likely SHEP will give each of them L #2 in the next two weeks. With two teams almost sure from the GMAC and PSAC, plus one each from the MEC and NE10, two losses will be an exceedingly high hill to climb. But, as always, time will tell.
    Back to back tough games for shepherd against cal and kutztown I would not expect Shepherd to sweep. As IUP fans lamant every year, having a stretch like that usually always results in one loss.

7 spots for the playoff, even in maybe a down year the PSAC should grab 3 of those spots. The NE10 and MEC will be one bid leagues I think. GMAC sounds like a gauntlet this year and the strongest overall league. But they’ll cannibalize each other.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Goodness, it’s WAY too early to make a prediction like that, but at least you “narrowed” it down to four. Joking aside, it’s not a bad list but I’d add Kutztown, IUP, and Cal as a longer shot. There are also a couple solid teams in the NE-10 that shouldn’t be overlooked. I think it’s up for grabs.
    IUP is still in the discussion since their season doesn't really get started until 10/1 vs SRU. CAL and KUTZ both have a bad loss and it's highly likely SHEP will give each of them L #2 in the next two weeks. With two teams almost sure from the GMAC and PSAC, plus one each from the MEC and NE10, two losses will be an exceedingly high hill to climb. But, as always, time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    My view at this point is that one of Ashland, Tiffin, Shepherd, or Slippery Rock wins the region. Everyone else is just competing for playoff spots.
    Goodness, it’s WAY too early to make a prediction like that, but at least you “narrowed” it down to four. Joking aside, it’s not a bad list but I’d add Kutztown, IUP, and Cal as a longer shot. There are also a couple solid teams in the NE-10 that shouldn’t be overlooked. I think it’s up for grabs.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    My view at this point is that one of Ashland, Tiffin, Shepherd, or Slippery Rock wins the region. Everyone else is just competing for playoff spots.
    Seems very likely, but upsets and injuries do happen. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
    SCSU is 0-2 for the NE-10.
    Thanks for the correction. They gave UNH a bit of a scare and will probably throw a wrench into someone's season.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    SCSU is 0-2 for the NE-10.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Teams to watch (good and bad) by conference.,.

GMAC--
    TIFFIN and ASHLAND at 2-0
    #1 Pre-season FINDLAY at 0-2

MEC--
    FROSTBURG 2-0
    Pre-season #1 NDC, #3 CHARLESTON and #4 UNC-P at 1-1
    Just a sense that this will be a down year for MEC.

PSAC--
    SHEP, IUP and SRU are undefeated and should remain so through Wk3.
    KUTZ, CAL and WCU stumbling at 1-1. CAL goes to 1-2 while KUTZ and WCU take their chances in ERIE and it's likely one will go home 1-2.

NE10-- .
    Pre-season#5 ST ANSELM 2-0 should remain undefeated for another week before they hit SCSU, UNH and @BENTLEY.
    Pre-season #1 UNH, #2 ASSUMPTION, #3 BENTLEY, #4 PACE and #6 SCSU all stand at 1-1 and like the MEC no one seems ready to take control. Anyone's guess who will get the NE10 post season spot.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Way too early, but if I had a top 7 RR This is how I’d have it after week 2:

1. Ashland- 2 best wins In region to date.
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. Tiffin
    4. Shepherd
    5. Frostburg state
    6. St Anselm
    7. IUP/Gannon

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Tiffin has taken control, leading 28-13 with 3 minutes left, and just running it down ODU's throats. They look real good.
    That conference is quickly turning into a meat grinder like the PSAC. Several good teams that eat each other alive.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    Tiffin has taken control, leading 28-13 with 3 minutes left, and just running it down ODU's throats. They look real good.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Updates....

MEC
    FRSU trailing WVSU 3-7 at the 6:29 of the 3rd.

NE10
    UNH just pulled ahead of SCSU 17-13 with 2+ minutes in the half.

GMAC
    ODU trailing TIFFIN 13-14 with 8+ to go in the 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    SR 1 Games to watch week 2....

GMAC...
    ODU @ TIFFIN-- One of the leaders gets an early L.
    ASHLAND @ FINDLEY-- Really bad for OILERS if they start 0-2, but it's a possibility.

MEC...
    CHAS barely avoided 0-2 with OT win @ FASU but EAGLES don't look competitive despite #3 PS spot.
    NDC should even their record and WU may come back to earth hard in the process.
    WVSU @ FRSU will be the most competitive game of the day with both teams looking to stay unbeaten.

PSAC...
    CAL @ KUTZ will answer two questions, are the VULCANS that good or are the G'BEARS that bad.
    SRU @ WCU will likely be very competitive game with some late play deciding the outcome.
    GU @ MILL is interesting to see if the G'KNIGHTS blowout in week one was the result of an explosive offense or bad defense.

NE10...
    ASSUMPTION clearly is not the second best in the conference.
    UNH will take out their bad feelings about the BSU loss on SCSU as the OWLS get plucked for the second week in a row.
    PACE @ BENTLEY should be very competitive if the SETTERS actually bite like they did last week.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

NDC would need to fall from an airliner to come close to dropping to WLU FB level. Wins over CLARION (5yr aver...3-8) and ABU (5yr aver...4-7) definitely count as Ws, but don't indicate anything else about the strength of the 'TOPPER FB program. Things could change at WLU, but probably not while MBB reigns supreme.
    I do hope Clarion wins tomorrow and snaps that losing streak (now at 17).

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Gotta beat who they have on the schedule. 2-0 is 2-0.

I too would be skeptical considering they've been terrible for a decade now, but maybe NDC is taking a big step back too so who knows.
    NDC would need to fall from an airliner to come close to dropping to WLU FB level. Wins over CLARION (5yr aver...3-8) and ABU (5yr aver...4-7) definitely count as Ws, but don't indicate anything else about the strength of the 'TOPPER FB program. Things could change at WLU, but probably not while MBB reigns supreme.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X