X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Well #boatcapt had a couple weeks of FB fun at least.
    Gotta beat who they have on the schedule. 2-0 is 2-0.

I too would be skeptical considering they've been terrible for a decade now, but maybe NDC is taking a big step back too so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    West Liberty defeated Alderson-Broaddus 30-17. After their 21-14 victory over Clarion, that has to be one of the hollowest 2-0 records I have ever seen. They get NDC next week... good luck.
    Well #boatcapt had a couple weeks of FB fun at least.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    West Liberty defeated Alderson-Broaddus 30-17. After their 21-14 victory over Clarion, that has to be one of the hollowest 2-0 records I have ever seen. They get NDC next week... good luck.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    OT it is in Fairmont. CHAS scores on 1st drive. FASU does the same. Now FASU on offense for 2nd OT. FG is good FALCONS lead 38-35. CHAS also with a FG 38-38. CHAS fails to score on 3rd OT and FASU takes over. No go in 4th OT for FASU and CHAS puts it away with a short pass 40-28. So the EAGLES are still in contention for the post season but I wouldn't expect they'll be that way for long.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    With 2:00 left in the 4th FASU trails 21-28 but just stopped a CHAS drive at their own 20 and need an 80 yd drive to tie the score.
    And it only took 50 seconds for the FALCONS to tie it at 28-28. OT looks likely.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 09-08-2022, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    CHAS EAGLES making a comeback from last week's embarrassment in Erie leading FASU FALCONS 14-0 after the first quarter. They'll get very little time to rest with FRSU visiting next Saturday and then traveling to NDC on 10/1. They can't afford to lose more than one of those two.
    Now 21-7 at the half.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    CHAS EAGLES making a comeback from last week's embarrassment in Erie leading FASU FALCONS 14-0 after the first quarter. They'll get very little time to rest with FRSU visiting next Saturday and then traveling to NDC on 10/1. They can't afford to lose more than one of those two.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    I think West Virginia State's win over Shippensburg deserves a mention. Last year Shippensburg only lost to Kutztown and Shepherd.
    This is not last year.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    I think West Virginia State's win over Shippensburg deserves a mention. Last year Shippensburg only lost to Kutztown and Shepherd.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Everyone is jumping on ESU for losing to Pace, but the last time Stonehill played an OT game was against Pace in 2016. Stonehill now D1, so who can predict what will happen next.

Leave a comment:

• Feedoggie
    replied
    Gawd!
    I sucked on my picks for week one. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Odd start to the season for '21 SR1 playoff teams. #1KUTZ-L @AIC #2SHEP-W @SCSU #3NDC-L @ASH. #4UNH-L @BSU. #5BENT-L @WCU. #6SRU-W v ESU. #7FIND-L v ODU. Overall 2-5. Although you can give several (NDC,UNH,BENT,FIND) a pass for scheduling tough games, at the end of the season an L is an L. SOS gets a boost, but only one 2 loss and one 3 loss teams made the seven last year, so the 5 losers are an early step closer to the edge. What can you say about KUTZ except that they have the first MUST WIN game of the season in week 2 and though I'm still unsure what the VULCANS will bring on Saturday, I certainly feel more confident than I did on Wednesday.

GMAC, aside from PS#3 ASH, started their conference season and immediately had PS#1 FIND upset, at home, by PS#4 ODU. It makes it tougher especially with PS#3 ASH visiting FIND on Saturday. My guess is the OILERS get their rig upright and prevail.

MEC started out 7-5 but 3 of those Ls were by PS top 6 picks (NDC, CHAS, FASU) and all were on the ugly side. Either CHAS EAGLES or the FASU FALCONS are going to get plucked on Thursday night with a second lose which won't be good

PSAC was a tale of two divisions. West started fast at 5-2 with solid wins from #2SRU, #3CAL AND #4GAN. Travelling East on Saturday the PS top 4 are sure things ( IUP @ ESU, GAN @ MILL) in two games and favored ( SRU @ WCU, CAL @ KUTZ) in two. Beyond that SHEP will crush BORO and the rest are anyone's guess. East may be as close to over as possible in week 1.

NE10 went 3-5 but both UNH and BENT are solid teams. None of the PS Top 3 are threatened this week, unless PACE is actually decent as they travel to BENT.

We'll see with IUP and ESU.

If I had to guess, ESU was totally overlooking Pace and already mentally focused on IUP. It happens.

I hope you're right, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Odd start to the season for '21 SR1 playoff teams. #1KUTZ-L @AIC #2SHEP-W @SCSU #3NDC-L @ASH. #4UNH-L @BSU. #5BENT-L @WCU. #6SRU-W v ESU. #7FIND-L v ODU. Overall 2-5. Although you can give several (NDC,UNH,BENT,FIND) a pass for scheduling tough games, at the end of the season an L is an L. SOS gets a boost, but only one 2 loss and one 3 loss teams made the seven last year, so the 5 losers are an early step closer to the edge. What can you say about KUTZ except that they have the first MUST WIN game of the season in week 2 and though I'm still unsure what the VULCANS will bring on Saturday, I certainly feel more confident than I did on Wednesday.

GMAC, aside from PS#3 ASH, started their conference season and immediately had PS#1 FIND upset, at home, by PS#4 ODU. It makes it tougher especially with PS#3 ASH visiting FIND on Saturday. My guess is the OILERS get their rig upright and prevail.

MEC started out 7-5 but 3 of those Ls were by PS top 6 picks (NDC, CHAS, FASU) and all were on the ugly side. Either CHAS EAGLES or the FASU FALCONS are going to get plucked on Thursday night with a second lose which won't be good

PSAC was a tale of two divisions. West started fast at 5-2 with solid wins from #2SRU, #3CAL AND #4GAN. Travelling East on Saturday the PS top 4 are sure things ( IUP @ ESU, GAN @ MILL) in two games and favored ( SRU @ WCU, CAL @ KUTZ) in two. Beyond that SHEP will crush BORO and the rest are anyone's guess. East may be as close to over as possible in week 1.

NE10 went 3-5 but both UNH and BENT are solid teams. None of the PS Top 3 are threatened this week, unless PACE is actually decent as they travel to BENT.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    An interesting Week 1 for sure, but it was Week 1 and it’s hard to give too much credence to the results. That said, when you start out 0-1 as some traditionally good teams did, you’ve basically left yourself very little margin for error the rest of the way if you want to get into the post-season. The two biggest surprises for me were how easily ESU was handled by Pace and NDC by Ashland.
    KUTZ shut out for the first time in 15 years....by NE10 Preseason #7 AIU....the '21 SR1 #1 PLAYOFF TEAM?!?!

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    An interesting Week 1 for sure, but it was Week 1 and it’s hard to give too much credence to the results. That said, when you start out 0-1 as some traditionally good teams did, you’ve basically left yourself very little margin for error the rest of the way if you want to get into the post-season. The two biggest surprises for me were how easily ESU was handled by Pace and NDC by Ashland.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X