Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kutztown QB

I was not able to watch the game on Saturday due to a family event. However, looking at the stats, this is not a good sign for Blaine. Defense did better than expected, but man did Blaine really hold this team back. He showed promise at times last season and I thought he would make the next step and be an improvement from Nickel. Boy was I super dead wrong! Watch this turn into a repeat of 2016 Kutztown and a back up will take Blaine's spot if he does not improve by week 3 or 4 and lead them to the East title (lol)

Cannot find the box score for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      Cannot find the box score for this game.
      I found it on Assumptions site. Have to click on recap and press box score

Comment

I also was not home to watch the game. I was really disappointed to hear they lost 3-0.

QB was the biggest question mark for the team going into this season. Nickel was passable because he had such a great team around him and I also think he had much better leadership qualities from what I saw.

Blaine started with a good game last season, having an 11 for 13, 130 yard, 1 TD performance against Assumption. Then he threw three INT's against IUP a week later. His third INT gave IUP the 29-19 lead it would not surrender, and after going 1 for 4 to start the next drive, Nickel was put in on a 4th and 10. Nickel converted that 4th and 10 and led KU to a TD to get within 3, but the attempt at a comeback fell short.

Blaine wouldn't throw another pass until the playoff game against Shepherd, and his first pass resulted in an INT returned for a TD, making a 14-0 game into a 21-0 game. Now, to his credit, he played well to get the game tied at 21-21 before Shepherd went up 24-21 on a field goal. This was followed by Blaine throwing what should have been the game sealing INT. Blaine did get a go ahead TD when it was ruled that the Shepherd DB fumbled the ball and KU recovered, prior to the defense playing poorly on that Hail Mary attempt.

Those INT's stuck out in my head along with the fact that Blaine only completed 10/23 passes against Shepherd in that playoff game. I was incredibly worried about QB going into this season because of that. Blaine only completed 10 of 25 against Assumption.

Digging deeper though, I see some other major concerns besides just QB. Kutztown also returns their top two receivers from last season, along with their top 2 rushers, and 4 out of 5 on the OL. They should have been able to win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
          I also was not home to watch the game. I was really disappointed to hear they lost 3-0.

QB was the biggest question mark for the team going into this season. Nickel was passable because he had such a great team around him and I also think he had much better leadership qualities from what I saw.

Blaine started with a good game last season, having an 11 for 13, 130 yard, 1 TD performance against Assumption. Then he threw three INT's against IUP a week later. His third INT gave IUP the 29-19 lead it would not surrender, and after going 1 for 4 to start the next drive, Nickel was put in on a 4th and 10. Nickel converted that 4th and 10 and led KU to a TD to get within 3, but the attempt at a comeback fell short.

Blaine wouldn't throw another pass until the playoff game against Shepherd, and his first pass resulted in an INT returned for a TD, making a 14-0 game into a 21-0 game. Now, to his credit, he played well to get the game tied at 21-21 before Shepherd went up 24-21 on a field goal. This was followed by Blaine throwing what should have been the game sealing INT. Blaine did get a go ahead TD when it was ruled that the Shepherd DB fumbled the ball and KU recovered, prior to the defense playing poorly on that Hail Mary attempt.

Those INT's stuck out in my head along with the fact that Blaine only completed 10/23 passes against Shepherd in that playoff game. I was incredibly worried about QB going into this season because of that. Blaine only completed 10 of 25 against Assumption.

Digging deeper though, I see some other major concerns besides just QB. Kutztown also returns their top two receivers from last season, along with their top 2 rushers, and 4 out of 5 on the OL. They should have been able to win this game.
          That's a lot of fire power that returned.

Who knows. Maybe Assumption just has a stacked defense.

I remember those KU RBs were a handful.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

They didn't lose a whole lot on offense. Judging by the box score, McNeil-Davis didn't seem to have too many problems running that day. Blaine had problems during the Shepherd game, but I attributed that at the time more of him being thrown in last minute than Blaine himself. However, it seems he might be holding the offense back similar to how Nickel kind of held the offense back at times. He was sacked 5 times; I don't know if that was all on the O-Line or him, but that is concerning. I think this might turn into a repeat of 2016. Blaine might be Scanlon and one of the back ups is DiGalbo who will help turn things around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X