Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If they keep quitting it’s time for a new coach.
    Quickest coach to 30 wins in program history, and you're ready to replace him. Good Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yes, for being a jackass on here, their ESU Warrior was very good on the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Quickest coach to 30 wins in program history, and you're ready to replace him. Good Lord.
        He is 1-0 whereas ESU is 0-2.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

He is 1-0 whereas ESU is 0-2.
          Captain Obvious ladies and gentlemen...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Players quitting during games year after year is a problem.

Last year it was poor Covid protocol.

This year it’s players not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Players quitting during games year after year is a problem.

Last year it was poor Covid protocol.

This year it’s players not ready.

I think he’s doing a pretty good job with the resources he has available to him. For example, if it weren’t for his connections with former coaches at Pittsburg State, Max Sexton isn’t in Indiana. He’s been able to attract a lot of good (and a few elite) transfers despite having weaker facilities than most local high schools. I think it’s just hard for long-time IUP fans that were around during the glory days to accept that other programs have caught up, and the elite programs in the country have widened the gap. Until IUP decides it wants to sink more resources in the program, this is what we’re going to get. Every handful of years they’ll win the West and maybe the PSAC, and maybe once a decade they’ll make a run in the national playoffs. That’s really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. There are many programs in the PSAC that have zero chance of playing for a post-season spot before the whistle blows to start Week 1.

Comment

Can't say too much impressed in Ship's win over Seton Hill, but the Raiders have uncovered a big-play guy in transfer WR Redd Douglas.

He ran back one kickoff 100 yards for a score, took a second inside the 5, caught two touchdown passes, and set an SU record with 350 all-purpose yards.

He also returned a kickoff for a score in Week 1.

Ship still can't get a ground game going ... the OL looks wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  Can't say too much impressed in Ship's win over Seton Hill, but the Raiders have uncovered a big-play guy in transfer WR Redd Douglas.

He ran back one kickoff 100 yards for a score, took a second inside the 5, caught two touchdown passes, and set an SU record with 350 all-purpose yards.

He also returned a kickoff for a score in Week 1.

Ship still can't get a ground game going ... the OL looks wanting.
                  He should have a big day next Saturday by the way the IUP secondary looked in conjunction with the lack of a pass rush. Those are video game stats he put up against Seton Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

He should have a big day next Saturday by the way the IUP secondary looked in conjunction with the lack of a pass rush. Those are video game stats he put up against Seton Hill.
                    It's hard to know whether to agree ... Mr. Big might call me a troll.

But to be honest, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in either QB at this point.

Comment

• You know, I never felt like Shepherd was in danger yesterday, but it was a bit of a strange game. Bagent wasn't super crisp, and that just sometimes happens. Brown was out there looking like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. And Edinboro had the ball for almost 37 minutes, yet got only 7 points. Boro moved the ball, but a couple of missed FGs and turnovers kept them off the board. Shepherd is not really a ball control team, so I normally don't care about time or possession too much, but that defense was out on the field a whole lot and seemed to have issues stopping long drives. However, they are creating turnovers, which is something that they were missing a year ago. There is definitely potential for the defense to improve, and it does look better than last year's defense overall. Time will tell, though.

At the end of the day, Shepherd racked up a lot of yards and put up a rushing total that would make Monte Cater proud. They also scored 41 points, which isn't too terrible. The next two weeks offer a huge step up in competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                        You know, I never felt like Shepherd was in danger yesterday, but it was a bit of a strange game. Bagent wasn't super crisp, and that just sometimes happens. Brown was out there looking like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. And Edinboro had the ball for almost 37 minutes, yet got only 7 points. Boro moved the ball, but a couple of missed FGs and turnovers kept them off the board. Shepherd is not really a ball control team, so I normally don't care about time or possession too much, but that defense was out on the field a whole lot and seemed to have issues stopping long drives. However, they are creating turnovers, which is something that they were missing a year ago. There is definitely potential for the defense to improve, and it does look better than last year's defense overall. Time will tell, though.

At the end of the day, Shepherd racked up a lot of yards and put up a rushing total that would make Monte Cater proud. They also scored 41 points, which isn't too terrible. The next two weeks offer a huge step up in competition.
                        I agree. Shepherd didn't sound like the advertised team but they sure as heck aren't one dimensional on offense. Bagent wasn't the driver as much as Brown. Edinboro played well then would fall into bad luck or a bad play that resulted in a turnover. But they're not going to win many games if they can't quickly develop all the inexperience on their lines. Lots of dropped passes from what I heard too. Boro has a good QB but no protection. Doesn't help losing your top two RBs. They ended the game using a LB to run the ball. I think 5 total rushing yards in the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree. Shepherd didn't sound like the advertised team but they sure as heck aren't one dimensional on offense. Bagent wasn't the driver as much as Brown. Edinboro played well then would fall into bad luck or a bad play that resulted in a turnover. But they're not going to win many games if they can't quickly develop all the inexperience on their lines. Lots of dropped passes from what I heard too. Boro has a good QB but no protection. Doesn't help losing your top two RBs. They ended the game using a LB to run the ball. I think 5 total rushing yards in the first half.
                          I thought Boro's biggest problem was its lack of speed on defense. On two of those long TDs from Brown, he got good blocking and then out ran everyone. I also feel like they sold out against the pass a bit, and that didn't help their rushing defense at all but may have kept Bagent's numbers down.

I said it last year, and I will say it again this year. Bagent deserves all of his accolades, but I also think that Brown is the most talented RB in the PSAC. He's a weapon rushing, receiving and in the return game.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            For all his stats, Noah Mitchell has never given me the sense he can take over a game. This L will mean that the VULCANS will have to win both West games at home because there is NO WAY they don't get smoked in WV next Saturday. Sad but true.
                            That's been his MO during his entire time at Cal. Against higher quality opponents, Mitchell appears to struggle and that's costing Cal in a big way.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

It's hard to know whether to agree ... Mr. Big might call me a troll.

But to be honest, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in either QB at this point.
                              I think the QBs are far from the biggest problem so far. The o-line has been getting zero push and has not been wonderful on pass protection either. Even if Mussina were still back there this year, he wouldn't do much without any time to throw the ball. Minus Dorsey, there also isn't a ton of speed at the RB position. They have a couple of nice young skill players with the sudden explosion of Douglas and the continued performance of Sheehan, but how often they'll be able to get them the ball effectively remains to be seen. Coach Mac obviously is still going back and forth between the two QBs.

Saturday's game was one of the strangest I've seen in years. Ship did basically nothing on offense the first half and yet led 24-10. Defense is OK, not great, and any weaknesses they have will probably be compounded as I expect they'll be spending a lot of time on the field this year. Mac really needs to get that o-line bucked up. It's been several seasons since they've had really standout run blocking. They were lucky to have a string of QBs whose passing and occasional running skills covered up some of the deficiencies. With two inexperience guys this year, the warts are showing. Even though IUP wasn't dominant in their opener, I don't feel good at all about this coming Saturday. This is shaping up to be Ship's worst season in a while if they can't get the offense to gell. After being spoiled by Zulli, Zapoticky, and Mussina, it's painful to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think the QBs are far from the biggest problem so far. The o-line has been getting zero push and has not been wonderful on pass protection either. Even if Mussina were still back there this year, he wouldn't do much without any time to throw the ball. Minus Dorsey, there also isn't a ton of speed at the RB position. They have a couple of nice young skill players with the sudden explosion of Douglas and the continued performance of Sheehan, but how often they'll be able to get them the ball effectively remains to be seen. Coach Mac obviously is still going back and forth between the two QBs.

Saturday's game was one of the strangest I've seen in years. Ship did basically nothing on offense the first half and yet led 24-10. Defense is OK, not great, and any weaknesses they have will probably be compounded as I expect they'll be spending a lot of time on the field this year. Mac really needs to get that o-line bucked up. It's been several seasons since they've had really standout run blocking. They were lucky to have a string of QBs whose passing and occasional running skills covered up some of the deficiencies. With two inexperience guys this year, the warts are showing. Even though IUP wasn't dominant in their opener, I don't feel good at all about this coming Saturday. This is shaping up to be Ship's worst season in a while if they can't get the offense to gell. After being spoiled by Zulli, Zapoticky, and Mussina, it's painful to watch.
                                It's been a while since I can picture Ship RBs running downhill. It's been a struggle for quite a while.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X