Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Cignetti 1937-2022

May You Rest In Peace.

Thank you for everything you did for IUP, and for instilling pride every Saturday in the fall for all of those glorious years.

It was those Saturdays as a student that turned me from a freshman who hated being in Indiana to being IUP proud.

You put IUP back on the athletic map. Everyone who has followed you as coach and AD have had big shoes to fill.

I will cherish all of the memories from all of the games I attended knowing that everytime I walked into the stadium we had a 90% chance or better of winning…you were the best!

I wish for the best for your family in their time of mourning.

I remember when he coached at West Virginia prior to IUP. Rest in peace Frank Cignetti.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      I remember when he coached at West Virginia prior to IUP. Rest in peace Frank Cignetti.
      The only Penn State game I attended was in 1979. It was against West Virginia. He was their coach that day. Seven years later he’d be our coach!

Comment

IUP had some damn good teams in the 90’s, especially the 1993 team. New Haven was near unbeatable until they ran into the Indians. RIP Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The only Penn State game I attended was in 1979. It was against West Virginia. He was their coach that day. Seven years later he’d be our coach!

Comment

There was a nice segment on Frank’s passing during the Pitt game. Imagine trying to be Frank, Jr. trying to call plays in a big game like that in that situation. The Cignetti family has done a ton for football, and their success extends far beyond IUP. Condolences to the Cignetti family.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
              There was a nice segment on Frank’s passing during the Pitt game. Imagine trying to be Frank, Jr. trying to call plays in a big game like that in that situation. The Cignetti family has done a ton for football, and their success extends far beyond IUP. Condolences to the Cignetti family.
              Curt had to coach too. It had to be hard not to be there when he passed.

Comment

A wonderful article about Frank…

https://www.iup.edu/news-events/news...I_qPMpuuahfyUs

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  IUP had some damn good teams in the 90’s, especially the 1993 team. New Haven was near unbeatable until they ran into the Indians. RIP Legend.
                  Totally true. We lost a legend and my condolences to the Cignetti's family.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X