Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Anyone who watched LHU's defense this season knew that game was a lock to hit the over, but I'm surprised at just how convincingly Clarion won. The game against Seton Hill could be interesting.
    Somewhere Ms. Taylor is having a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Somewhere Ms. Taylor is having a good day.
      LH wouldn't be a .500 team in D3.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

LH wouldn't be a .500 team in D3.
        Her legacy in keeping that foosball program in the hole will be lasting…

Comment

• KU went from shutout to dropping a 50 burger on Marty Ball.

Shep at KU gonna be a thriller next week.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ship69;n695139]

Ship will be lucky to win more than 2-3 games this year. IUP offensive players by class were graduate, graduate, junior, sophomore, graduate, senior, senior, graduate, senior, sophomore, graduate. As soon as I saw that I knew Ship was in for a long afternoon. Mac got caught on the wrong side of the Covid transfer bit and Ship doesn't start a senior on either side of the ball. In fact, there are only three seniors on the entire team. With McCracken out injured at QB and Johnson going out hurt late in the game, we were playing a third-string freshman QB at the end of the game. If neither McCracken or Johnson are back next week, it will be big trouble at Bloom. I'm not sure we win even with one of those two. IUP has nice talent — good ends, some elusiveness at running back, and the QB has a strong arm. They still tend to get careless and undisciplined at times, which could cost them against better competition.

Ship, meanwhile, is going to take a few beatings this year. There were flashes of talent from some of the young players, but they're a season or more from being competitive.

Comment

KU went from shutout to dropping a 50 burger on Marty Ball.

Shep at KU gonna be a thriller next week.
              I'd kind of like to see a Shepherd IUP game later in the year. It might be a real shootout.

Comment

• The Centre County Community College with a SEC smack down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship will be lucky to win more than 2-3 games this year. IUP offensive players by class were graduate, graduate, junior, sophomore, graduate, senior, senior, graduate, senior, sophomore, graduate. As soon as I saw that I knew Ship was in for a long afternoon. Mac got caught on the wrong side of the Covid transfer bit and Ship doesn't start a senior on either side of the ball. In fact, there are only three seniors on the entire team. With McCracken out injured at QB and Johnson going out hurt late in the game, we were playing a third-string freshman QB at the end of the game. If neither McCracken or Johnson are back next week, it will be big trouble at Bloom. I'm not sure we win even with one of those two. IUP has nice talent — good ends, some elusiveness at running back, and the QB has a strong arm. They still tend to get careless and undisciplined at times, which could cost them against better competition.

Ship, meanwhile, is going to take a few beatings this year. There were flashes of talent from some of the young players, but they're a season or more from being competitive.
                  I don't see much good right now, and this might be the low point of the last decade. This is scary bad:
                  • Noon: 8 carries, 26 yards
                  • Dorsey: 6 carries, 16 yards
                  • Williams: 3 carries, 13 yards
                  That's the three guys they're going to go to war with at RB. It's apparent they don't have the OL push to create some daylight, or the RBs don't have the game to punch out extra yardage.

Douglas was the one really good sign the first two weeks, and he was never a factor Saturday.

All in all, a pretty miserable weekend for the 'Burg. The HS Greyhounds saw a 17-game regular-season win streak end Friday night at Northern.
                  Last edited by jrshooter; 09-18-2022, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I don't see much good right now, and this might be the low point of the last decade. This is scary bad:
                    • Noon: 8 carries, 26 yards
                    • Dorsey: 6 carries, 16 yards
                    • Williams: 3 carries, 13 yards
                    That's the three guys they're going to go to war with at RB. It's apparent they don't have the OL push to create some daylight, or the RBs don't have the game to punch out extra yardage.

Douglas was the one really good sign the first two weeks, and he was never a factor Saturday.

All in all, a pretty miserable weekend for the 'Burg. The HS Greyhounds saw a 17-game regular-season win streak end Friday night at Northern.
                    It usually takes a couple of years to get a good o-line together, and starting three sophs and a freshman on the line, as Ship did Saturday, is never a good sign. They might get better as they get older. About the only speed they have in the backfield is Dorsey, and he continues at times to dance around too much in the backfield as he did when he got nailed for a safety Saturday. They need to find a receiver target other than Sheehan. He's not a big kid and they'll get him killed if they target him all year as they did Saturday. Douglas and Rufe seem to have potential, and where did the tight ends go? Douglas has a great burst as a returner, but he hurt himself on several occasions Saturday by not fielding the ball cleanly. And you certainly can't depend on a guy two run a kickoff back every week. Sometimes it doesn't happen all season.

I've been seeing something of a decline in Ship offenses since the Zapoticky teams. I think Mussina and some of our skill players masked that a bit for a while. It's hit a nadir this year, and inexperienced RS frosh quarterbacks can't cover the warts. Mac has a lot of work to do on the recruiting front the next couple of years. With today's transfer portal, a couple of bad seasons have the potential to put you in the doldrums for a long time.

Greyhounds have had a nice run. They figured to come to ground a little eventually. Waynesboro has been respectable recently with a playoff win last year, but has started 1-3 and lost to Greencastle for the first time in a while. That's high school. Gonna be along football season for me.
                    Last edited by Ship69; 09-19-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Vulcans likely have to win out now at this point.
                      Win out for what? A playoff berth? I don't see that happening, even if they do run the table.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Win out for what? A playoff berth? I don't see that happening, even if they do run the table.
                        I mean, if they win out, they would win the PSAC Championship and likely beat Shepherd or Kutztown in that game. They are definitely getting in if that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, if they win out, they would win the PSAC Championship and likely beat Shepherd or Kutztown in that game. They are definitely getting in if that happens.
                          Technically, that could happen, but I don't trust Cal to run the table. Honestly, I think they'd be lucky to get to six wins this season.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Technically, that could happen, but I don't trust Cal to run the table. Honestly, I think they'd be lucky to get to six wins this season.
                            They're definitely getting six wins. But I don't think they'll run the table either. I'm just saying that they are not finished yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X