Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrshooter
    replied
    I can recall saying preseason that Blake Hartman was going to force his way into getting some work.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Corners forgot how to tackle and kutztown converts 2 3rd and longs on the first drive. Touchdown run of about 5 yds to cap it off 7-0 Bears.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    He may be called Donnie Football if he keeps this up.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    This game makes me nervous. I feel like Shepherd has the better team, but I also feel like Kutztown's style really makes them a tough match up. Add the revenge factor and put the game in Kutztown, it's a tough situation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post

What gave it away? But in all seriousness, Blaine is decent when there is a good balance of run and pass. If there is no run game, than it'll be a long game for them
    He's been all over the board in what I've watched this year. The first three quarters vs Cal he looked like he should have been on clipboard duty.

Then, in the 4th, it was like he flipped a switch and was slinging it (accurately) all over.

His first half last week was pretty bad. Then ... poof.

They'll be a scary team if he can start playing 4 quarters.

Leave a comment:

• TDBoi8136
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Appears you are not the president of the Blaine fan club lol.
    What gave it away? But in all seriousness, Blaine is decent when there is a good balance of run and pass. If there is no run game, than it'll be a long game for them

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
    Keys for a Kutztown win
    • Establish a strong run game
    • Limit Blaine's passing, keep it simple
    • Strong defense to stifle Shepherd
    Keys for a Shepherd win
    • Aggressive offense to slowly breakdown Kutztown's defense
    • Cut off Kutztown's run game
    • Force the Bears to rely on Blaine
    Appears you are not the president of the Blaine fan club lol.

Leave a comment:

• TDBoi8136
    replied
    Keys for a Kutztown win
    • Establish a strong run game
    • Limit Blaine's passing, keep it simple
    • Strong defense to stifle Shepherd
    Keys for a Shepherd win
    • Aggressive offense to slowly breakdown Kutztown's defense
    • Cut off Kutztown's run game
    • Force the Bears to rely on Blaine

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    I always enjoy and get concerned with this matchup. KU is well coached and typically limit penalties and turnovers. On the other helmet will be the Rams limiting penalties especially b4 snap penalties and those stupid personal foul penalties. A relatively clean game gets this a +7 win. Otherwise.....and can we please develop some semblance of a running game??
    It is a good matchup. The sad thing is that Shepherd hasn't really seen the Eastern Division at its best since joining the PSAC. Bloomsburg, West Chester, Ship, and on occasion East Stroud have often fielded respectable teams in the past. Even Millersville was a power way back in the Gene Carpenter days. Some of the other programs in the division and around the league need to get back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    I always enjoy and get concerned with this matchup. KU is well coached and typically limit penalties and turnovers. On the other helmet will be the Rams limiting penalties especially b4 snap penalties and those stupid personal foul penalties. A relatively clean game gets this a +7 win. Otherwise.....and can we please develop some semblance of a running game??
    Got a feeling that Kutztown defense will pack the box and force deeper plays. Only problem with that is KU isn't getting the pressure it has in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Rambaseball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Both teams have been a bit duplicitous so far, but its still early and fair to chalk some of it up as rust. Should be a good one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

If the game plays out with Shepherd jumping to the lead, it would be very beneficial based off the KU games I've gone back and watched. But they have clawed their ways back both against Cal and Mercyhurst so Shepherd can ill afford to get sloppy with the ball.

Seems the key will be if Kutztown's offense can show up and play in the first half -- for basically the first time all year. KU is averaging just 8 points per game in the first half this year.

Their offense blew up in the fourth quarter against California and then the entire second half against Mercyhurst -- but looked lost in the first half of each of those games.

They won't win a shootout against Shepherd, should it come to that. I'd suspect they will try their hardest to really pound the run, drain the clock and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

If the game plays out with Shepherd jumping to the lead, it would be very beneficial based off the KU games I've gone back and watched. But they have clawed their ways back both against Cal and Mercyhurst so Shepherd can ill afford to get sloppy with the ball.
    It'd be nice to see a killer instinct at some point. The Rams seem to never put their foot on the opponent after jumping out to good leads. Kutztown in the playoffs last year, Cal last week, Findlay in the playoffs last year and Notre Dame as well. Granted those were more formidable foes, but the Rams didn't seem to have the urgency during the meat of the game to try and put it away.

If they have a fast start again, keep the pedal down and the intensity and finish.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I feel like (and hope) last week was a wake up call of sorts for Bagent and Co. I have a feeling the Rams establish themselves and get on the board early and force kutztown away from what they want to do. Rams have more talent and come in with renewed focus and win convincingly. Convincingly to me would be 14-17 point victory.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X