Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

LOL, well here is one, it is interesting to see Kutztown in the top ten but not Assumption, just weird.
    I have a great eye doctor if you need a referral.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

You could argue about my rankings...
      Honestly, I don't know if anyone is catching Ashland if they don't lose. I'm not sure that Concord has the staying power, but they have had a good season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Honestly, I don't know if anyone is catching Ashland if they don't lose. I'm not sure that Concord has the staying power, but they have had a good season so far.

When you start getting in to the metrics, both IUP and SRU will get a nice SOS boost this weekend. And, as we saw last year, the loser of this game still has a lot to play for this season. IUP's season crashed and burned after hammering SRU last year. Conversely, the Rock's season went in the positive direction.

The fan in me wants IUP to go 2-0 these next two weeks but reality is they really just need a split -- and then avoid their yearly melt-down game against some lesser opponent.

Assumption still has a very tough path ahead of it. I could see Kutztown running the table if they can get past ESU this weekend.

Concord still has Notre Dame and a whole slew of dead-weight anchors.

I'd still say Ashland has a better chance of losing a game before Shepherd. The Rams should cruise in to the State Game.

And, of course, Cal is still lurking. The Vulcans do get both IUP and SRU in Adamson. If Cal could somehow win both of those games, their SOS would be through the ceiling.

SRU, from what I've read, is one step below the SEC so they are certainly in the mix.

My opinion is if IUP beats SRU, they'll somehow find a way to lose to Cal the following week -- and keep the Adamson misery going. Getting up for those two back-to-back is just very difficult, not to mention whichever game is first they beat the p!ss out of each other. Cal has a nice tune-up / practice game with Clarion prior to IUP visiting.

West Chester is still sitting there but I don't think that will last much longer. They still have ESU, Kutztown and Shepherd. On top of it, they now have a QB controversy.
        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-29-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When you start getting in to the metrics, both IUP and SRU will get a nice SOS boost this weekend. And, as we saw last year, the loser of this game still has a lot to play for this season. IUP's season crashed and burned after hammering SRU last year. Conversely, the Rock's season went in the positive direction.

The fan in me wants IUP to go 2-0 these next two weeks but reality is they really just need a split -- and then avoid their yearly melt-down game against some lesser opponent.

Assumption still has a very tough path ahead of it. I could see Kutztown running the table if they can get past ESU this weekend.

I'd still say Ashland has a better chance of losing a game before Shepherd. The Rams should cruise in to the State Game.

And, of course, Cal is still lurking. The Vulcans do get both IUP and SRU in Adamson. If Cal could somehow win both of those games, their SOS would be through the ceiling.

SRU, from what I've read, is one step below the SEC so they are certainly in the mix.

My opinion is if IUP beats SRU, they'll somehow find a way to lose to Cal the following week -- and keep the Adamson misery going. Getting up for those two back-to-back is just very difficult, not to mention whichever game is first they beat the p!ss out of each other. Cal has a nice tune-up / practice game with Clarion prior to IUP visiting.

West Chester is still sitting there but I don't think that will last much longer. They still have ESU, Kutztown and Shepherd. On top of it, they now have a QB controversy.
          West Chester had a very hard time moving the ball against Millersville. Hard to see them as a threat to Shepherd and Kutztown, but they gave Shepherd a game last year after losing to Ship, so I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Only thing I really need to point out is that Concord doesn't play NDC. I'll still be surprised if they don't stumble, but they do have that working in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Only thing I really need to point out is that Concord doesn't play NDC. I'll still be surprised if they don't stumble, but they do have that working in their favor.
              Oh boy. What a break. I didn't realize the MEC didn't go Round Robin every year.

In theory they could have a horrendous SOS but be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'd argue that you need to read it again... :-)
                Hahahahaha you are absolutely correct, I just got my eyeglasses on so I could see better. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

AFCA Coaches Poll - Week 6
                  1 Ferris St. (Mich.) (29) 4-0 749 1 D. Findlay (Ohio), 38-7 Oct. 8 at No. 25 Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.)
                  2 Grand Valley St. (Mich.) (1) 5-0 719 2 D. No. 17 Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.), 29-10 Oct. 8 at American International (Mass.)
                  3 Angelo St. (Tex.) 5-0 687 3 D. Western Oregon, 30-7 Oct. 8 vs. Eastern New Mexico
                  4 Shepherd (W.Va.) 5-0 655 4 D. Shippensburg (Pa.), 30-13 Oct. 8 vs. Lock Haven (Pa.)
                  5 Ouachita Baptist (Ark.) 5-0 631 6 D. Northwestern Oklahoma St., 48-7 Oct. 8 vs. Southwestern Oklahoma St.
                  6 Ashland (Ohio) 4-0 591 9 D. Northwood (Mich.), 56-17 Oct. 8 at Walsh (Ohio)
                  7 Pittsburg St. (Kan.) 5-0 570 10 D. Missouri Southern St., 38-9 Oct. 8 vs. No. 9 Northwest Missouri St.
                  8 Indianapolis (Ind.) 4-0 492 14t D. Southwest Baptist (Mo.), 44-17 Oct. 8 at McKendree (Ill.)
                  9 Northwest Missouri St. 4-1 491 12 D. Missouri Western St., 16-3 Oct. 8 at No. 7 Pittsburg St. (Kan.)
                  10 West Florida 3-1 387 14t D. North Greenville (S.C.), 34-31 Oct. 8 at No. 15 West Georgia
                  11 Harding (Ark.) 4-1 383 16 D. Oklahoma Baptist, 38-23 Oct. 8 at Southern Nazarene (Okla.)
                  12 Virginia Union 5-0 354 20 D. St. Augustine’s (N.C.), 69-0 Oct. 8 vs. Elizabeth City St. (N.C.)
                  13 Delta St. (Miss.) 5-0 315 25 D. No. 13 Valdosta St. (Ga.), 70-31 Oct. 8 at North Greenville (S.C.)
                  14 Lenoir-Rhyne (N.C.) 4-1 283 19 D. Virginia-Wise, 42-10 Oct. 8 vs. Limestone (S.C.)
                  15 West Georgia 3-1 258 5 Lost to Mississippi College, 39-38 Oct. 8 vs. No. 10 West Florida
                  16 Notre Dame (Ohio) 4-1 255 18 D. Charleston (W.Va.), 49-24 Oct. 8 at Frostburg St. (Md.)
                  17 Sioux Falls (S.D.) 5-0 230 NR D. No. 11 Augustana (S.D.), 31-24 Oct. 8 vs. Southwest Minnesota St.
                  18 Indiana (Pa.) 4-0 220 NR D. No. 8 Slippery Rock (Pa.), 20-12 Oct. 8 at California (Pa.)
                  19 Newberry (S.C.) 4-1 190 7 Lost to Carson-Newman (Tenn.), 24-14 Oct. 8 vs. Barton (N.C.)
                  20 Slippery Rock (Pa.) 4-1 188 8 Lost to Indiana (Pa.), 20-12 Oct. 8 vs. Mercyhurst (Pa.)
                  21 Colorado School of Mines 3-2 159 22 D. Chadron St. (Neb.), 45-9 Oct. 8 vs. Colorado Mesa
                  22t. Albany St. (Ga.) 4-1 158 21 D. Miles (Ala.), 20-3 Oct. 8 at Edward Waters (Fla.)
                  22t. Texas A&M-Kingsville 5-0 158 NR D. Simon Fraser (B.C.), 35-7 Oct. 8 vs. Western New Mexico
                  24 Nebraska-Kearney 4-1 145 23 D. Fort Hays St. (Kan.), 38-20 Oct. 8 at Missouri Western St.
                  25 Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.) 4-1 132 17 Lost to No. 2 Grand Valley St. (Mich.), 29-10 Oct. 8 vs. No. 1 Ferris St. (Mich.)

Dropped Out: Augustana (S.D.) (11), Valdosta St. (Ga.) (13), New Haven (Conn.) (24)

Others Receiving Votes: Augustana (S.D.), 117; New Haven (Conn.), 98; Benedict (S.C.), 57; Henderson St. (Ark.), 17; Limestone (S.C.), 14; Western Colorado, 14; Valdosta St. (Ga.), 10; Assumption (Mass.), 5; Davenport (Mich.), 5; Truman St. (Mo.), 4; Carson-Newman (Tenn.), 3; Emporia St. (Kan.), 3; Minnesota St., 3.

FYI - Jim Clements (Kutztown) and Shawn Lutz (Slippery Rock) are voting coaches for this poll.

https://www.afca.com/polls/

Comment

Team Record Last
                    1 Ferris State 4-0 1
                    2 Grand Valley 5-0 2
                    3 Angelo State 5-0 3
                    4 Ouachita Baptist 5-0 4
                    5 Shepherd 5-0 5
                    6 Pittsburg State 5-0 7
                    7 Harding 4-1 8
                    8 Colorado Mines 3-2 14
                    9 Delta State 5-0 21
                    10 Northwest Missouri 4-1 11
                    11 West Florida 3-1 10
                    12 Ashland 4-0 15
                    13 Albany State 4-1 17
                    14 Nebraska-Kearney 4-1 19
                    15 Sioux Falls 5-0 25
                    16 West Georgia 3-1 6
                    17 Virginia Union 5-0 20
                    18 Augustana 4-1 9
                    19 Indianapolis 4-0 23
                    20 IUP 4-0 NR
                    21 Slippery Rock 4-1 12
                    22 Notre Dame 4-1 22
                    23 Texas A&M-Kingsville 5-0 NR
                    24 Benedict 5-0 NR
                    25 Saginaw Valley 4-1 18
                    https://www.d2football.com/d2footbal...5-poll-week-6/

Comment

AFCA Coaches Poll - 10/11/22
                      1 Ferris St. (Mich.) (28) 5-0 747 1 D. No. 25 Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.), 33-28 Oct. 15 vs. No. 2 Grand Valley St. (Mich.)
                      2 Grand Valley St. (Mich.) (2) 6-0 720 2 D. American International (Mass.), 45-3 Oct. 15 at No. 1 Ferris St. (Mich.)
                      3 Angelo St. (Tex.) 6-0 684 3 D. Eastern New Mexico, 28-9 Oct. 15 at Western New Mexico
                      4 Shepherd (W.Va.) 6-0 656 4 D. Lock Haven (Pa.), 72-7 Oct. 15 vs. Millersville (Pa.)
                      5 Ouachita Baptist (Ark.) 6-0 627 5 D. Southwestern Oklahoma St., 63-24 Oct. 15 vs. Arkansas-Monticello
                      6 Ashland (Ohio) 5-0 591 6 D. Walsh (Ohio), 35-0 Oct. 15 vs. Ohio Dominican
                      7 Pittsburg St. (Kan.) 6-0 583 7 D. No. 9 Northwest Missouri St., 24-22 Oct. 15 at Lincoln (Mo.)
                      8 Indianapolis (Ind.) 5-0 508 8 D. McKendree (Ill.), 38-23 Oct. 15 at Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.)
                      9 West Florida 4-1 475 10 D. No. 15 West Georgia, 42-28 Oct. 15 at Shorter (Ga.)
                      10 Delta St. (Miss.) 6-0 451 13 D. North Greenville (S.C.), 47-14 Oct. 15 vs. West Alabama
                      11 Virginia Union 6-0 432 12 D. Elizabeth City St. (N.C.), 49-0 Oct. 15 at Bowie St. (Md.)
                      12 Harding (Ark.) 5-1 427 11 D. Southern Nazarene (Okla.), 56-28 Oct. 15 vs. Henderson St. (Ark.)
                      13 Lenoir-Rhyne (N.C.) 5-1 359 14 D. Limestone (S.C.), 51-30 Oct. 15 at Barton (N.C.)
                      14 Sioux Falls (S.D.) 6-0 348 17 D. Southwest Minnesota St., 35-14 Oct. 15 at Mary (N.D.)
                      15 Indiana (Pa.) 5-0 319 18 D. California (Pa.), 22-21 Oct. 15 at Edinboro (Pa.)
                      16 Northwest Missouri St. 4-2 254 9 Lost to No. 7 Pittsburg St. (Kan.), 24-22 Oct. 15 vs. Washburn (Kan.)
                      17 Newberry (S.C.) 5-1 239 19 D. Barton (N.C.), 42-21 Oct. 15 at Catawba (N.C.)
                      18 Slippery Rock (Pa.) 5-1 226 20 D. Mercyhurst (Pa.), 31-17 Oct. 15 vs. Gannon (Pa.)
                      19 Colorado School of Mines 4-2 192 21 D. Colorado Mesa, 48-21 Oct. 15 at South Dakota Mines
                      20 Texas A&M-Kingsville 6-0 187 22t D. Western New Mexico, 21-17 Oct. 15 vs. Texas Permian Basin
                      21 Albany St. (Ga.) 5-1 167 22t D. Edward Waters (Fla.), 55-7 Oct. 15 vs. No. 23 Benedict (S.C.)
                      22 Nebraska-Kearney 5-1 166 24 D. Missouri Western St., 39-18 Oct. 15 vs. Emporia St. (Kan.)
                      23 Benedict (S.C.) 6-0 73 NR D. Miles (Ala.), 20-3 Oct. 15 at No. 21 Albany St. (Ga.)
                      24 Augustana (S.D.) 5-1 70 NR D. Upper Iowa, 31-14. Oct. 15 vs. Wayne St. (Neb.)
                      25 West Georgia 3-2 65 15 Lost to No. 10 West Florida, 42-28 Oct. 15 at North Greenville (S.C.)

Dropped Out: Notre Dame (Ohio) (16), Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.) (25)

Others Receiving Votes: New Haven (Conn.), 39; Davenport (Mich.), 37; Saginaw Valley St. (Mich.), 34; Notre Dame (Ohio), 28; Truman St. (Mo.), 11; Assumption (Mass.), 9; Emporia St. (Kan.), 8; Wayne St. (Neb.), 7; Wingate (N.C.), 7; Frostburg St. (Md.), 2; Black Hills St. (S.D.), 1; West Alabama, 1.

https://www.afca.com/pittsburg-state...top-10-battle/

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/d2footbal...ll-10-11-2022/

Rank Team Record Last
                        1 Ferris State 5-0 1
                        2 Grand Valley 6-0 2
                        3 Angelo State 6-0 3
                        4 Ouachita Baptist 6-0 4
                        5 Shepherd 6-0 5
                        6 Pittsburg State 6-0 6
                        7 Delta State 6-0 9
                        8 Harding 5-1 7
                        9 West Florida 4-1 11
                        10 Colorado Mines 4-2 8
                        11 Ashland 5-0 12
                        12 Sioux Falls 6-0 15
                        13 Nebraska-Kearney 5-1 14
                        14 Albany State 5-1 13
                        15 Virginia Union 6-0 17
                        16 Indianapolis 5-0 19
                        17 IUP 5-0 20
                        18 Augustana 5-1 18
                        19 Slippery Rock 5-1 21
                        20 Northwest Missouri 4-2 10
                        21 Texas A&M-Kingsville 6-0 23
                        22 Lenoir-Rhyne 5-1 NR
                        23 Benedict 6-0 24
                        24 Newberry 5-1 NR
                        25 West Georgia 3-2 16

Comment

Shepherd is a good team, certainly the best in the East this season, but I think the Bagent boost has led to them being highly overrated. Their team last year was likely better. They should be down about where IUP and SR are ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                            Shepherd is a good team, certainly the best in the East this season, but I think the Bagent boost has led to them being highly overrated. Their team last year was likely better. They should be down about where IUP and SR are ranked.
                            Shepherd, IUP, Rock, etc can't beat anyone in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Shepherd, IUP, Rock, etc can't beat anyone in the top 10.
                              It sure appears the voters agree with you. And, historically, it's awfully hard to argue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                                They started pretty high. If you watch the previous week rankings, usually people bump up when a higher ranked team loses. Its not to be taken in a vaccuum that Shep is the #4 team in the country. Kind of like a university "graduation rate."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X