Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Slippery runner in Oil City

Have you seen what this Oil City HS junior, Ethen Knox, has done? 2,000 rushing yards in the first five games, with four straight games of 400-plus.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/EZhkFS...five-games.htm

He had 432 on 48 carries Friday night -- and Oil City lost.

A couple of Oil City's games are on YouTube if anyone wants to see him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbdI1kxeQw&t=10262s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPYpZlgP1WU

They've played nobody and all they do is feed him the ball to inflate his stats. I've seen it in action.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      They've played nobody and all they do is feed him the ball to inflate his stats. I've seen it in action.
      Journey Brown redux

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Journey Brown redux
        Journey went to Creepy Valley. Does this kid have any D1 offers yet?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Journey Brown had talent but this kid you can tell is very rigid. Brown also had his career at Creepy Valley ended early due to a heart condition.

Comment

Journey Brown was an 11th hour offer from Penn State - and I believe it may have been a PWO situation that turned into playing time. He wasn't big on publicizing his recruiting experience but I believe someone told me that until then his only offers from from the local PSAC and D3 schools.

Comment

There was a tweet that Knox visited Ohio U. this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

There was a tweet that Knox visited Ohio U. this past weekend.
                Not sure how visits work at big budget D1. Does he just request to be on the "visit list" for that day or does he have to be invited? I only ask because I've seen a lot of guys visit FBS schools but commit to a low-mid PSAC school.

Comment

The odds catch up to Knox, held to 97 yards in a 35-0 loss to Meadville.

Comment

The last Oil City Rb with big stats signed with Clarion just a few years ago.

I always think of Vernillo from Fort Cherry who went to WVU and ended up at SRU when I see rb's with a ton of HS yards. Didnt do much at SRU

Journey Brown was also the big school 100m champ in pa.

Comment

I did a little Googling the other night. MaxPreps had a list of the 10 HS running backs who approached what Knox had done through five games. Only one of them had any kind of pro success -- Derrick Henry. And most of the others were no more than FBS backups.

The legendary Kenneth Hall, the Texan who still holds some of the national rushing records 70 years after the fact, was prepared to play for Bear Bryant at Texas A&M, but left before camp started to go get married.

I'd never go as far as to say a kid who does this isn't very talented. If Knox gets to the second level, he just blows past everyone in the back seven. But we're also seeing that a lot of it is level of competition.
                      Last edited by jrshooter; 10-01-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

The odds catch up to Knox, held to 97 yards in a 35-0 loss to Meadville.
                        Meadville is an average team and look at the difference. Knox is over rated! Stat padder!

Comment

I'd say that depends on how high you rated him in the first place. Again, it's not as if the kid doesn't have some skills.

Comment

I'd say that depends on how high you rated him in the first place. Again, it's not as if the kid doesn't have some skills.
                            He's slow and as shifty as an Ocean Liner.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X