Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They aren't becoming Cheyney. They've been Cheyney.
    Only in the last few years. I saw us play Cheyney for years, and they were the rock bottom. That was a guaranteed win and stat padder.

Comment

• Shepherd was up 34-0 before it ran the ball a fifth time. This was akin to some of the worst HS beatdowns you've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Shepherd was up 34-0 before it ran the ball a fifth time. This was akin to some of the worst HS beatdowns you've ever seen.
        LH wouldn't be .500 in D3.

Today ... when a team has to try and keep the score at 72-7 ... not much to say.

And, the few good players they have will all be in the Portal in about a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

ESU has had a major issue with playing to the level of their competition for a while, especially on the road. Which I guess is better than being completely dominated, but there's a major culture shift that needs to happen in terms of setting the tone every week. There's a reason I picked Millersville (granted, with the spread) in the Pick Em this week.
          Well, Ship certainly hasn't been dominant even in their wins this year, so both the Millersville and East Stroud games worry me (not to mention drawing Kutztown for Homecoming —fun). The encouraging thing I took from today was seeing a half-dozen or more RS freshmen and true freshmen playing significant minutes on defense for the Raiders. With more experience and some time in the weight room I think the beginnings of a competitive defense are there. Mac needs to get us a running back or two soon, however. It's been a while since we've had a stud back there. Even though ESU has been up and down, they seem to be trending in the right direction, and Millersville obviously has improved. We need more balance in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            I'd been thinking, but fortunately others said it first. That Shepherd-LHU final is a real bad look for the conference, and in no way Shepherd's fault. Lock Haven needs to fish or cut bait pretty soon. The raw talent gap was embarrassing.
            Yeah, and it's even a worse look when our regional champions are slaughtering teams in our conference, and then getting slaughtered themselves in D2 playoffs outside the region. It needs to turn around. The gap between the top 3-4 teams in the league and the rest is noticeably wider in recent seasons. I was encouraged by the play of some of Ship's underclassmen today. I think Mac had a decent recruiting class this past year, but he needs to hit a couple more, and we really need to improve at OL and running back. Getting older might help the OL. Sheehan and Douglas look like nice deep threats for the next couple of seasons.

Comment

• Clarion up 40-6 late 4th qtr. I really thought that they would struggle with SHU's defense but they've controlled this one start to finish. I really like their chances the next two weeks with Hurst/Boro. I know this is Seton Hill but this is also a team that beat them 49-0 last year. It's very impressive what Monica and his staff have been able to do in just a few short months. They are going to do great things with this program.

Comment

LH wouldn't be .500 in D3.

Today ... when a team has to try and keep the score at 72-7 ... not much to say.

And, the few good players they have will all be in the Portal in about a month.
                I thought that this may be a stat padding game for Bagent and Brown, but it was so lopsided that the stat padding didn't really happen. And Shepherd basically took them out to make sure they didn't get hurt in what was an utterly useless game. Shepherd would have gotten more out of an inter-squad scrimmage.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                  Clarion up 40-6 late 4th qtr. I really thought that they would struggle with SHU's defense but they've controlled this one start to finish. I really like their chances the next two weeks with Hurst/Boro. I know this is Seton Hill but this is also a team that beat them 49-0 last year. It's very impressive what Monica and his staff have been able to do in just a few short months. They are going to do great things with this program.
                  Huge win for Clarion.

Long live Eddie Dog

Comment

• Holy Cow! This guy from SRU just body slammed the QB from Mercyhurst after the play was over. And what do the PSAC officials do? Nothing. They do nothing.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;n701876]

Huge win for Clarion.

Long live Eddie Dog[/QUOTE

been a long time since I’ve heard someone reference the infamous Eddie Dog!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=CUlater;n701878]
                        Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Huge win for Clarion.

Long live Eddie Dog[/QUOTE

been a long time since I’ve heard someone reference the infamous Eddie Dog!!!
                        I spent many weekends at Clarion in college.

The highlight of every 2am was the trip to Eddie Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                          Holy Cow! This guy from SRU just body slammed the QB from Mercyhurst after the play was over. And what do the PSAC officials do? Nothing. They do nothing.
                          It's home team weekend in the PSAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                            Clarion up 40-6 late 4th qtr. I really thought that they would struggle with SHU's defense but they've controlled this one start to finish. I really like their chances the next two weeks with Hurst/Boro. I know this is Seton Hill but this is also a team that beat them 49-0 last year. It's very impressive what Monica and his staff have been able to do in just a few short months. They are going to do great things with this program.
                            That is quite a turnaround in a year. Seton Hill doesn't seem to be able to get it going.

Comment

It's home team weekend in the PSAC.
                              You wouldn't have known that if you were watching the Ship-West Chester broadcast. Their announcers were *****ing about every other call in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You wouldn't have known that if you were watching the Ship-West Chester broadcast. Their announcers were *****ing about every other call in the second half.
                                They were! It was awful.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X