Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Shepherd had a home and home with Ohio Dominican in 2019/2021 which really helped SOS wise with ODU finishing 7-3/7-4 in those years. Hoping they can get another GMAC team or possibly Bowie State as well to get a nice thing going. Ideally, Frostburg State being an annual thing would be fantastic for recruiting purposes.
    I hear MEC teams were told to essentially blackball Shepherd in nonconference. Being a 'newbie' Frostburg may not want to test the waters.

Bowie State would be a great potential rivalry.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hear MEC teams were told to essentially blackball Shepherd in nonconference. Being a 'newbie' Frostburg may not want to test the waters.

Bowie State would be a great potential rivalry.
      Old Reid Amos has blackballed Shepherd. As long as he's the commish, Shepherd won't see an old foe from the MEC unless they make the playoffs. Which essentially never happens. NDC isn't one of the OG's of the MEC.

Bowie State would be great for recruiting as well. They go head to head with Shepherd with dozens of kids every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
        Shepherd had a home and home with Ohio Dominican in 2019/2021 which really helped SOS wise with ODU finishing 7-3/7-4 in those years. Hoping they can get another GMAC team or possibly Bowie State as well to get a nice thing going. Ideally, Frostburg State being an annual thing would be fantastic for recruiting purposes.
        The Pan Handle Pow Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Reminds me of back in the late 80s or early 90s Edinboro frequently opened with Hillsdale.

If we went to a full PSAC schedule, then IUP wouldn't get its Labor Day Weekend vacation schedule.
          That was your last chance to get that shot in…

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Pan Handle Pow Wow!
            Has a nice ring to it!

Comment

• Do you guys think Concord gets in with a win vs UNCP and a Gannon loss to Shippensburg?

Comment

• Originally posted by Athens Mountain lions View Post
                Do you guys think Concord gets in with a win vs UNCP and a Gannon loss to Shippensburg?
                Feasible but Gannon will hammer Ship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Athens Mountain lions View Post
                  Do you guys think Concord gets in with a win vs UNCP and a Gannon loss to Shippensburg?
                  Probably or just any unexpected loss of a 2-win team in front of them.

Comment

• With that being said, I will be shocked if Gannon loses to Ship.

Comment

• Gannon might have to check their pants for poop stains.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Feasible but Gannon will hammer Ship.
                        Unfortunately, I have to agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Gannon might have to check their pants for poop stains.
                          Coaching staff usually has to check their pants for pee dribbles.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                            It's a risk/reward proposition. The risk is obviously starting off with a loss before the conference season even starts. The reward is that a win gives you a ton of buffer room for slip-ups, and provides an early-season test for your team rather than a glorified bye week.

The GMAC's continued growth hopefully will reduce the need for games outside of SR1. I know it's a longer distance, but the NE-10 does regularly have open dates in the midst of their season, and some GMAC vs. NE-10 matchups could certainly benefit the GMAC's quest for two or even three playoff bids. Then week 1 we could see some headline GMAC vs. PSAC matchups, as well as some more comfortable GMAC vs. MEC matchups. Ultimately I do believe the GMAC and the PSAC will be the two premier conferences in SR1, it's just a matter of scheduling games that prove that.
                            Ummmmmm, a very interesting concept. The benefit of playing the NE10 is trying to get two or three playoff bids. How did you come up with this theory may I ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Ummmmmm, a very interesting concept. The benefit of playing the NE10 is trying to get two or three playoff bids. How did you come up with this theory may I ask?
                              Because the GMAC is a stronger conference overall currently than the NE-10. Do you dispute that?

Comment

• Originally posted by RetiredAU View Post

I was thinking the same thing about Assumption. Also, if Tiffin and AU both win, AU will be outright champs since they have the Head to Head win over Tiffin.
                                This is not true. They will be co-champs, each with 1 loss. Tiffin essential manhandled the team AU lost to. Ashland has the better playoff resume, but will be co-champs if they both win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X