Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    How is the snow in the Northeast affecting Saturday's games? Can SRU make it to Assumption? Can New Haven make it to Shepherdstown?
    I believe SRU left early this morning.

This tells you something - a high school playoff game was supposed to be played at Edinboro and it had to be relocated because of how much snow was on campus. They didn't know if they would have the manpower to clear the stadium and bleachers while also keeping the campus clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I believe SRU left early this morning.

This tells you something - a high school playoff game was supposed to be played at Edinboro and it had to be relocated because of how much snow was on campus. They didn't know if they would have the manpower to clear the stadium and bleachers while also keeping the campus clear.
      They left yesterday after dinner, and that was the plan all along and don't think snowstorm factored into plans. Supposed to practice this afternoon at UCONN practice facility.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

They left yesterday after dinner, and that was the plan all along and don't think snowstorm factored into plans. Supposed to practice this afternoon at UCONN practice facility.
        That makes sense. I believe someone told me that on longer overnight trips coaches like to arrive 24 hours before game time. I don't think the snowstorm will be much of a factor since the route takes them away from the Great Lakes (where the storm was the heaviest) - most likely across I-80 to I-81 then I-84.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

I guess the storm is to the north. When I watched the news last night they made it sound like the whole Northeastern U.S. was going to be shut down.

Comment

I guess the storm is to the north. When I watched the news last night they made it sound like the whole Northeastern U.S. was going to be shut down.
            Appears all three games should at least be dry tomorrow. It will be around 40 degrees, give or take.

Comment

How is the snow in the Northeast affecting Saturday's games? Can SRU make it to Assumption? Can New Haven make it to Shepherdstown?
              The storm impacting Buffalo and other locations is mostly a lake effect storm event. Places not near Lake Erie in particular shouldn't have any major problems with travel.

I'd guess The Rock would have taken I-80 to near Hazleton, I-81 to Scranton, and I-84 to New England even without the storm, but the snow further north likely cemented their plans.

Comment

Only the area south of Buffalo and the Watertown area north of Syracuse are getting pummeled by lake effect snow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X