Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Seen both live and think Cal is the better team. Forget last week u seen what that follow up week after a horrible loss can do I give them credit for survival unlike IUP last year. Homecoming helps and lots of senior starters looking for first win against SRU….Go Cal.

SRU has kind of been forgotten about on here and that's likely a big mistake.

IUP was their first test of the season. Yes, they beat a West Chester team with good athletes but as we've seen the Rams aren't a very good football team. I suspect they took a step forward since the IUP loss. We also saw IUP play them in a windy monsoon (obviously both teams played in it that day).

If both rosters are fairly healthy, I'd also give the edge to Cal -- especially down there where they get crazy calls. It's just hard to predict their mental state at this point. They've been on the wrong end of three demoralizing losses. I tend to believe they'll get up for this game. SRU has kind of been their Daddy lately (four straight).

Cal can put serious heat on the QB -- from all directions. We saw the SRU QB start to get a little frazzled when IUP started to get after him. Cal will bring that heat all game. It's a very intriguing game.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Cal has too many teams to jump. I expect them to lose on Saturday anyway, but even with a win I don’t see any reasonable scenario where they get in.

As for the PSAC, the only two teams with a clear path are Shepherd and IUP. I think it’s more likely that the conference only gets two spots as opposed to three. It’s not unlikely that Slippery Rock loses to both Cal and Kutztown. If that were to happen, Kutztown still wouldn’t be a lock and would need some help from an Assumption loss, or two. There’s another scenario that we can’t completely rule out, and that’s if Gannon beats IUP and then Shepherd in the state game. Highly unlikely, but it’s a scenario that still exists and if it played out would make things pretty interesting.

If Slippery Rock wins out, the PSAC gets three teams. Winning out by Slippery Rock eliminates Kutztown. I don’t see any scenario where the PSAC is getting four teams. It’s going to be fun to watch going down the stretch. There are a lot of teams still in the mix, that’s for sure.
      Kutztown has an impressive defense and probably put the most pressure on Ship's QB I've seen this season, but I don't think they have a playoff-caliber offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Kutztown has an impressive defense and probably put the most pressure on Ship's QB I've seen this season, but I don't think they have a playoff-caliber offense.
        They are just wildly inconsistent on offense. They look great for a quarter and then dreadful the next. Oddly, one of their best offensive showings all year came against Shepherd (35 points).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They are just wildly inconsistent on offense. They look great for a quarter and then dreadful the next. Oddly, one of their best offensive showings all year came against Shepherd (35 points).
          Their running game is decent (they were plagued by a rash of holding calls against Ship), but they don't seem to have explosive receivers. Aside from a blown coverage by Ship on Kutztown's opening drive, their wideouts had trouble getting open against a youthful Ship defense. Their defense, which started 10 players who were either grad students or seniors, is an impressive unit, but I'd say IUP is head and shoulders above them at the skill player positions on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
            SRU bets Cal then winner of there KU game gets in. At some point the best 6 or seven have to get in. One MEC this year and One NE 10 I would think. So that’s five spots for PSAC/GMAC.
            Concord and Fake Notre Dame do not play each other; if both win out, they are both getting in, one of NDC's losses is out of region. Both still have to play UNC Pembroke who started 1-3 but have won 3 in a row. Concord could stub their toe this weekend they are at Charleston.

Comment

When do the actual RR's come out?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                When do the actual RR's come out?
                Alphabetical... next week.
                Actually ranked... the week after.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Concord and Fake Notre Dame do not play each other; if both win out, they are both getting in, one of NDC's losses is out of region. Both still have to play UNC Pembroke who started 1-3 but have won 3 in a row. Concord could stub their toe this weekend they are at Charleston.
                  Notre Dame has 2 in region losses. Ashland is in region out of the GMAC. If they win out they will probably be in, they have a very strong SOS.

Comment

I think the best path for three PSAC teams goes something like this:
                    1. IUP and Shepherd both roll into the conference title undefeated
                    2. SRU wins out. Sorry Golden Bears fans, but I’d rather roll the three team dice with a 1-loss team than a 2-loss team. This gives the PSAC one undefeated team and two 1-loss teams.
                    3. Ashland beats Tiffin to knock them out of the running and wins out
                    4. New Haven beats Assumption and wins the NE-10, giving them a 1-loss champ and a heap of 2-loss teams.
                    5. Concord wins the MEC
                    I imagine in a scenario like that you probably end up with an RR that looks something like this
                    1. Ashland or PSAC Champ
                    2. PSAC Champ or Ashland
                    3. New Haven
                    4. Concord or PSAC runner-up
                    5. PSAC runner-up or Concord
                    6. Slippery Rock or Notre Dame College
                    7. NDC or SRU
                    I think the last two spots would come down to SRC, NDC, some 2-loss NE-10 team (Bentley? Idk if they’ve played New Haven yet) and maybe Tiffin since they’d have 3 losses but all would be against strong opponents. In that scenario I think SRU would get a nod even without any great wins just because they’re the only other 1-loss squad left and their only loss was a one score game against another playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
                      2. SRU wins out. Sorry Golden Bears fans, but I’d rather roll the three team dice with a 1-loss team than a 2-loss team. This gives the PSAC one undefeated team and two 1-loss teams.
                      3. Ashland beats Tiffin to knock them out of the running and wins out
                      4. New Haven beats Assumption and wins the NE-10, giving them a 1-loss champ and a heap of 2-loss teams.
                      5. Concord wins the MEC
                      I imagine in a scenario like that you probably end up with an RR that looks something like this
                      1. Ashland or PSAC Champ
                      2. PSAC Champ or Ashland
                      3. New Haven
                      4. Concord or PSAC runner-up
                      5. PSAC runner-up or Concord
                      6. Slippery Rock or Notre Dame College
                      7. NDC or SRU
                      I think the last two spots would come down to SRC, NDC, some 2-loss NE-10 team (Bentley? Idk if they’ve played New Haven yet) and maybe Tiffin since they’d have 3 losses but all would be against strong opponents. In that scenario I think SRU would get a nod even without any great wins just because they’re the only other 1-loss squad left and their only loss was a one score game against another playoff team.
                      Yes they have and New Haven won. New Haven and Assumption play next week. Ashland and Tiffin is this weekend.(Ashland's Homecoming)

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
                        You could have stopped here. There's no way any of the three get left out in this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

You could have stopped here. There's no way any of the three get left out in this scenario.
                          I’m a bit rusty on how the Super Region selection committee behaves considering that Bloomsburg hasn’t given me much reason to pay attention to the rankings lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Assumption only has 1 D2 loss. Their FCS loss doesn't hurt them in that regard.
                            Correct - Assumption is 4-1 for ranking purposes

Comment

They got New Haven this week. BIG game. If the NE-10 get 2 bids; PSAC is only getting 3. GMAC has potential to get 2 bids, if Tiffin wins out.
                              Next week. New Haven has a bye this coming week.

Comment

ND losses Ashland and MEC game both in region losses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X