Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Not totally sure what the purpose is being sorting teams alphabetically this week and not ranking 1-10 until next week. Bizarre decision.
    Apparently it's done that way in all other sports. I think it's an attempt to avoid criticism for one week, but it just results in a different form of criticism.

Comment

To better understand everything as well as look at what the rankings would have been.

Comment

Not totally sure what the purpose is being sorting teams alphabetically this week and not ranking 1-10 until next week. Bizarre decision.
        Year by year, the NCAA has been coming LESS informative on their ranking/selection decisions. They seem to be moving in the direction of just announcing the playoff teams without any Regional Rankings leading up to the selection. They have gone from 6 weeks of Regional Rankings, to 3 weeks, to now an "alphabetical ranking" the first week with 2 weeks of actual Regional Rankings (maybe??). Yet to be determined if the NCAA will release the score sheets.

But remember, the NCAA treats every team equally and has your best interest at heart. We know that because they told us so!!!

Comment

Took a peak at InkBlot's projection for this week's RR on Twitter:

1. Shepherd 9-0
          2. Ashland 7-1
          3. Assumption 6-1
          4. IUP 7-1
          5. Slippery Rock 8-1
          6. Notre Dame OH 7-2
          7. Concord 7-2
          8. Gannon 7-2
          9. Kutztown 7-2
          10. New Haven 6-2

A little surprised to see Concord/Gannon above Kutztown at this projection. Kutztown and SRU in that final week looks like it's going to be the first round of the playoffs essentially as an elimination game for sure. Concord plays 0-9 AB this weekend, and then finishes at UNC Pembroke. UNC Pembroke is a completely different team at home so that is going to be an interesting game to keep an eye on. ND plays Pembroke at home this weekend, and apparently Pembroke doesn't bring their A or B game on the road, then ND finishes with AB. Hard to see ND losing and should settle in around the 4/5 slot.

NE10- Assumption looks to coast to the finish line with a strong 8-1 D2 in region record. New Haven is going to be watching Gannon vs Cal this weekend pulling for the Vulcans big time. New Haven is taking a SOS hit the final 2 weeks with both opponents combining for a 4-14 record.

If Gannon can get by Cal this weekend, then there is a chance 4 PSAC schools could make it. Would probably need Concord to drop that game against UNC Pembroke to happen. I don't believe they've ever not taken a worthy PSAC championship game participant, so even if IUP loses that game I still think they stay in the field. If they end of winning the PSAC, there is a strong shot they get back at the #1 spot.

Exciting last 2 weeks coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

1. Shepherd 9-0
            2. Ashland 7-1
            3. Assumption 6-1
            4. IUP 7-1
            5. Slippery Rock 8-1
            6. Notre Dame OH 7-2
            7. Concord 7-2
            8. Gannon 7-2
            9. Kutztown 7-2
            10. New Haven 6-2

A little surprised to see Concord/Gannon above Kutztown at this projection. Kutztown and SRU in that final week looks like it's going to be the first round of the playoffs essentially as an elimination game for sure. Concord plays 0-9 AB this weekend, and then finishes at UNC Pembroke. UNC Pembroke is a completely different team at home so that is going to be an interesting game to keep an eye on. ND plays Pembroke at home this weekend, and apparently Pembroke doesn't bring their A or B game on the road, then ND finishes with AB. Hard to see ND losing and should settle in around the 4/5 slot.

NE10- Assumption looks to coast to the finish line with a strong 8-1 D2 in region record. New Haven is going to be watching Gannon vs Cal this weekend pulling for the Vulcans big time. New Haven is taking a SOS hit the final 2 weeks with both opponents combining for a 4-14 record.

If Gannon can get by Cal this weekend, then there is a chance 4 PSAC schools could make it. Would probably need Concord to drop that game against UNC Pembroke to happen. I don't believe they've ever not taken a worthy PSAC championship game participant, so even if IUP loses that game I still think they stay in the field. If they end of winning the PSAC, there is a strong shot they get back at the #1 spot.

Very accurate assessment. 2 MEC would be highly suspect to say the least.

Comment

1. Shepherd 9-0
              2. Ashland 7-1
              3. Assumption 6-1
              4. IUP 7-1
              5. Slippery Rock 8-1
              6. Notre Dame OH 7-2
              7. Concord 7-2
              8. Gannon 7-2
              9. Kutztown 7-2
              10. New Haven 6-2

K-Town gonna make me nervous watching 2 weeks of D2 football lol

Comment

Honestly, Assumption beating New Haven was the best thing to happen to Kutztown. Assumption was always going to have the head-to-head, but beating New Haven puts Assumption enough ahead to where that shouldn't come into play. But that SRU-Kutztown game looks huge coming up.

Comment

A little surprised to see Concord/Gannon above Kutztown at this projection.
                  Gannon and KU have the same record and at this point probably have a comparable SOS plus Gannon has an actual quality win while KU really doesn’t. I think KU is probably a better team than GU but based on the rating criteria I’m not shocked by that listing. I’m a bit more surprised by Concord being projected ahead since I think most of their season has been smoke and mirrors but that’s probably just my PSAC bias showing.

Comment

Finally we have actual rankings:
                    1. Shepherd 9-0
                    2. Ashland 7-1
                    3. IUP 7-1
                    4. Assumption 6-1
                    5. Slippery Rock 8-1
                    6. Notre Dame 7-2
                    7. Gannon 7-2
                    8. New Haven 6-2
                    9. Bentley 6-2
                    10. Concord 7-2
                    Notably, no Kutztown. I think only one win against a team over .500 is hurting them. They have one, maybe two chances to improve on that the next couple weeks.

Links on the NCAA website still direct to last season.

Comment

1. Shepherd 9-0
                      2. Ashland 7-1
                      3. IUP 7-1
                      4. Assumption 6-1
                      5. Slippery Rock 8-1
                      6. Notre Dame 7-2
                      7. Gannon 7-2
                      8. New Haven 6-2
                      9. Bentley 6-2
                      10. Concord 7-2
                      Notably, no Kutztown. I think only one win against a team over .500 is hurting them. They have one, maybe two chances to improve on that the next couple weeks.

Kutztown no loving

Comment

I was a bit surprised about where Concord is ranked at first, but #7–9 all have ranked wins and they don't.

As for Kutztown, they're one of the few teams fighting for the last spot that has an opportunity to meaningfully improve their résumé... assuming Slippery Rock doesn't back into the title game. All of the bottom four teams could win out and be passed by Kutztown.

Comment

1. Shepherd 9-0
                          2. Ashland 7-1
                          3. IUP 7-1
                          4. Assumption 6-1
                          5. Slippery Rock 8-1
                          6. Notre Dame 7-2
                          7. Gannon 7-2
                          8. New Haven 6-2
                          9. Bentley 6-2
                          10. Concord 7-2

Wonder how NE-10 and MEC fans are taking Gannon grabbing the #7 spot in the initial rankings over their two-loss teams. Obviously still football left to play so things will probably change but I’m shocked to see four of our teams currently inside the cut line.

Comment

I don't have any issue really with this first ranking for our region. Top 4 makes sense, SRU and NDC (even with 2 losses) I think are a tier above at present the 7-11 group. Assuming Kutztown is #11, they aren't out of it yet and I still think that game against SRU the last week of the season is going to be a playoff game to see who gets in. New Haven is in trouble, they as they play 2 teams to finish the year who are 4-14 combined, so no help SOS wise there. Bentley at least gets to play 6-3 Pace this week to help in that department.

All eyes on the Gannon vs Cal game this week, and then SRU vs Kutztown the week after. Concord plays 0-9 AB this week, which will hurt some metrics. A lot of Cal fans this weekend for the 7-11 group. Shepherd vs IUP will be for seeding, with Ashland grabbing the 1 seed most likely if Shepherd loses in the PSAC title game. Shepherd losing the title game could send them on a mini tumble to 4 or 5 seed though with the SOS not being so high.

Comment

I don't have any issue really with this first ranking for our region. Top 4 makes sense, SRU and NDC (even with 2 losses) I think are a tier above at present the 7-11 group. Assuming Kutztown is #11, they aren't out of it yet and I still think that game against SRU the last week of the season is going to be a playoff game to see who gets in. New Haven is in trouble, they as they play 2 teams to finish the year who are 4-14 combined, so no help SOS wise there. Bentley at least gets to play 6-3 Pace this week to help in that department.

All eyes on the Gannon vs Cal game this week, and then SRU vs Kutztown the week after. Concord plays 0-9 AB this week, which will hurt some metrics. A lot of Cal fans this weekend for the 7-11 group. Shepherd vs IUP will be for seeding, with Ashland grabbing the 1 seed most likely if Shepherd loses in the PSAC title game. Shepherd losing the title game could send them on a mini tumble to 4 or 5 seed though with the SOS not being so high.
                              Not sure about Ashland getting the No. 1 seed. If IUP were to beat Shepherd I think the Crimson Hawks would have the better resume than Ashland. IUP's lone loss would be to a regionally ranked opponent. Ashland's loss would be to a non-ranked team. IUP would grab a huge SOS boost.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not sure about Ashland getting the No. 1 seed. If IUP were to beat Shepherd I think the Crimson Hawks would have the better resume than Ashland. IUP's lone loss would be to a regionally ranked opponent. Ashland's loss would be to a non-ranked team. IUP would grab a huge SOS boost.

Fair point, I think Ashland might get the nod for the simple 11th game and in that game beating MEC champ NDC. It would be a toss up between both in that scenario for sure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X