Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Race - SR1

No fancy formulas, ... just losses (which we know one is usually safe, two is iffy and three is typically a trip down The Green Mile).

(0) Losses

Shepherd (7-0)
    IUP (6-0)
    Ashland (6-0)

(1) Loss

Slippery Rock (6-1)
    Concord (6-1)
    New Haven (6-1)

(2) Losses

Kutztown (5-2)
    Gannon (5-2)
    Tiffin (4-2)
    Notre Dame (5-2)
    Wheeling (5-2)
    Bentley (5-2)
    Assumption (4-2)
    Saint Anselm (4-2)

(3) Losses

Hillsdale (4-3)
    Ohio Dominican (4-3)
    West Chester (4-3)
    California (4-3)
    UNC Pembroke (4-3)
    Frostburg State (4-3)
    Glenville State (4-3)
    West Liberty (4-3)
    West Virginia State (4-3)
    Pace (4-3)

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No fancy formulas, ... just losses (which we know one is usually safe, two is iffy and three is typically a trip down The Green Mile).

(0) Losses

Shepherd (7-0)
    IUP (6-0)
    Ashland (6-0)

(1) Loss

Slippery Rock (6-1)
    Concord (6-1)
    New Haven (6-1)

(2) Losses

Kutztown (5-2)
    Gannon (5-2)
    Tiffin (4-2)
    Notre Dame (5-2)
    Wheeling (5-2)
    Bentley (5-2)
    Assumption (4-2)
    Saint Anselm (4-2)

(3) Losses

Hillsdale (4-3)
    Ohio Dominican (4-3)
    West Chester (4-3)
    California (4-3)
    UNC Pembroke (4-3)
    Frostburg State (4-3)
    Glenville State (4-3)
    West Liberty (4-3)
    Pace (4-3)
    Crazy thing is 3 loss jail yard u would probably smoke most 1-2 loss teams… LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

Crazy thing is 3 loss jail yard u would probably smoke most 1-2 loss teams… LOL

Cal has 3 losses ... by a combined (9) points. Those came on the road against Kutztown (5 points) and Shepherd (3 points OT) and at home against IUP (1 point). The Vulcans are literally about 3 plays away from being 7-0 and ranked No. 1 in the Region.

There's no doubt Cal was in hungover zombie mode this past weekend. Question is will they show up this Saturday when SRU visits Adamson? A Cal win Saturday would be a pretty big wrench thrown in to the mix.

The Vulcans have lost four straight to SRU and are just 2-8 in the past 10 meetings in the series. Cal has the physical tools to win this game. Will it have the mental tools at this stage? It is Homecoming and this game has a history of being pretty chippy. I don't expect to see the "Greensburg Vulcans" again this weekend. If they are engaged, this will be a fantastic game.

Comment

Cal has 3 losses ... by a combined (9) points. Those came on the road against Kutztown (5 points) and Shepherd (3 points OT) and at home against IUP (1 point). The Vulcans are literally about 3 plays away from being 7-0 and ranked No. 1 in the Region.

There's no doubt Cal was in hungover zombie mode this past weekend. Question is will they show up this Saturday when SRU visits Adamson? A Cal win Saturday would be a pretty big wrench thrown in to the mix.

The Vulcans have lost four straight to SRU and are just 2-8 in the past 10 meetings in the series. Cal has the physical tools to win this game. Will it have the mental tools at this stage? It is Homecoming and this game has a history of being pretty chippy. I don't expect to see the "Greensburg Vulcans" again this weekend. If they are engaged, this will be a fantastic game.
        Does Cal show up to play or do they show up feeling their season is over? That's the question.

Comment

(0) Losses

Shepherd (7-0)
          IUP (6-0)
          Ashland (6-0)

(1) Loss

Slippery Rock (6-1)
          Concord (6-1)
          New Haven (6-1)

(2) Losses

Kutztown (5-2)
          Gannon (5-2)
          Tiffin (4-2)
          Notre Dame (5-2)
          Wheeling (5-2)
          Bentley (5-2)
          Assumption (4-2)
          Saint Anselm (4-2)

(3) Losses

Hillsdale (4-3)
          Ohio Dominican (4-3)
          West Chester (4-3)
          California (4-3)
          UNC Pembroke (4-3)
          Frostburg State (4-3)
          Glenville State (4-3)
          West Liberty (4-3)
          Pace (4-3)
          Assumption only has 1 D2 loss. Their FCS loss doesn't hurt them in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Assumption only has 1 D2 loss. Their FCS loss doesn't hurt them in that regard.
            They got New Haven this week. BIG game. If the NE-10 get 2 bids; PSAC is only getting 3. GMAC has potential to get 2 bids, if Tiffin wins out.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

They got New Haven this week. BIG game. If the NE-10 get 2 bids; PSAC is only getting 3. GMAC has potential to get 2 bids, if Tiffin wins out.
              The MEC could get 2 bids as well. I will honestly be surprised if the PSAC gets 4 bids this season.

Comment

The MEC could get 2 bids as well. I will honestly be surprised if the PSAC gets 4 bids this season.
                KUs 3-0 loss to assumption could turn out to be huge. Would they be ranked ahead of 1 or 2 loss teams that beat assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  KUs 3-0 loss to assumption could turn out to be huge. Would they be ranked ahead of 1 or 2 loss teams that beat assumption?
                  I don't really think it's a It's a sure thing that the PSAC gets in 3 teams. It's likely, but I don't think it's guaranteed.

Comment

I don’t see the PSAC getting 4 especially with SRU and KU still tentatively set to play each other in the final week. Decent chance that KU takes a 3rd loss and gets knocked out of consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

I don’t see the PSAC getting 4 especially with SRU and KU still tentatively set to play each other in the final week. Decent chance that KU takes a 3rd loss and gets knocked out of consideration.
                      I have thought about the scenario of Cal coming together one time to beat SRU. SRU beats Kutztown. And then it is a numbers game. Would SRU look good on paper against the other 2-loss teams? It's easy to think that they would, but you just don't know. In my gut, I feel like Shepherd, IUP and either SRU or Kutztown will get in.
                      Last edited by Ram Tough; 10-18-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I have thought about the scenario of Cal coming together one time to beat SRU. SRU beats Kutztown. And then it is a numbers game. Would SRU look good on paper against the other 2-loss teams? It's easy to think that they would, but you just don't know. In my gut, I feel like Shepherd, IUP and either SRU or Kutztown will get in.
                        Depends who ultimately finishes with two losses. Tiffin has a tough game against Ashland but steal that one on the road then win out and they might jump to the top of the 2-loss heap, especially given their two losses were one-score affairs against good non-conference teams. Notre Dame (OH) is lacking a signature win in my eyes but I don’t think they’ve taken any terrible losses either. And New Haven has their matchup with Assumption who (as you pointed out) have one FCS loss and should be counted up a slot. Either way that game is going to push someone into the “2 D2 losses” bucket and muddy the waters.

Comment

I still think if Cal beats SRU they are still alive. Barely, but, still alive.

They'll have narrow losses to the top two teams in SR1 and a third loss to another Regionally Ranked team. A win over SRU is a big one. Their SOS is going to be sky-high.

Comment

I still think if Cal beats SRU they are still alive. Barely, but, still alive.

They'll have narrow losses to the top two teams in SR1 and a third loss to another Regionally Ranked team. A win over SRU is a big one. Their SOS is going to be sky-high.
                            The problem is that win or loss differential is not part of the criteria. A 1-point loss is considered the same as a 70-point loss.

Comment

The problem is that win or loss differential is not part of the criteria. A 1-point loss is considered the same as a 70-point loss.
                              Understood. But, you still have the always unpredictable human factor involved.

They'd need a mountain of things to go right even if they'd beat SRU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X