Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

This is not true. They will be co-champs, each with 1 loss. Tiffin essential manhandled the team AU lost to. Ashland has the better playoff resume, but will be co-champs if they both win.
    Head to head should win out. Nobody cares that Tiffin beat a team that AU lost to.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Because the GMAC is a stronger conference overall currently than the NE-10. Do you dispute that?
      Stronger doesn't mean they will get two or three playoff spots just for playing the NE10. Until it's proven, there is no evident this will be the case.

Comment

• Perhaps not, but it'd be way more helpful than playing the GLIAC or GLVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
          It's a risk/reward proposition. The risk is obviously starting off with a loss before the conference season even starts. The reward is that a win gives you a ton of buffer room for slip-ups, and provides an early-season test for your team rather than a glorified bye week.

The GMAC's continued growth hopefully will reduce the need for games outside of SR1. I know it's a longer distance, but the NE-10 does regularly have open dates in the midst of their season, and some GMAC vs. NE-10 matchups could certainly benefit the GMAC's quest for two or even three playoff bids. Then week 1 we could see some headline GMAC vs. PSAC matchups, as well as some more comfortable GMAC vs. MEC matchups. Ultimately I do believe the GMAC and the PSAC will be the two premier conferences in SR1, it's just a matter of scheduling games that prove that.
          The NE-10's in-season open dates seem to be by design as the programs up there seem to prefer to play 10 games instead of 11. I don't know that they've openly advertised those open dates to fill, though a few probably have over the years.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hear MEC teams were told to essentially blackball Shepherd in nonconference. Being a 'newbie' Frostburg may not want to test the waters.

Bowie State would be a great potential rivalry.
            I've been calling for some nearby PSAC teams (Shepherd, West Chester, maybe Shippensburg and/or Kutztown, or even Millersville if they continue their improvement) to play Bowie State for a few years now. IMO it would be good for the PSAC teams and it would be good for Bowie State (which is not particularly close to any D2 teams, including their CIAA foes). I selfishly would love to go to game at Bowie State too (the closest D2 football school to where I live).

Even though it was unlikely, I was really hoping for a Kutztown/Shepherd vs Bowie State D2 semifinal last year.

Comment

• Quick note for everyone - the D2 playoff field will be selected tomorrow (Sunday 11/13) at 5:30 PM ET. You can stream the selection show at NCAA.com.

Comment

• This is how I see it if Concord holds on to win.

1. IUP
                2, Shepherd
                3. Assumption
                4. Ashland
                5. Fake Notre Dame.
                6. Slimey Pebble.
                7. Concord

Shepherd hosts Concord
                Assumption hosts Slimey Pebble
                Ashland hosts Fake Notre Dame

If Concord Loses,,,

1. IUP
                2. Shepherd
                3. Assumption
                4. Ashland
                5. Fake Notre Dame
                6. Slimey Pebble
                7. New Haven

Shepherd hosts New Haven

Unless the NCAA gets real lazy and drops Slimey to 7th and sends them to Shepherdstown and they have Assumption and New Haven go at it again because they are cheap bastards to pay for teams to travel in the rankings as they were earned...

LOL @ LIT AF. That was a total choke job.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 11-12-2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  This is how I see it if Concord holds on to win.

1. IUP
                  2, Shepherd
                  3. Assumption
                  4. Ashland
                  5. Fake Notre Dame.
                  6. Slimey Pebble.
                  7. Concord

Shepherd hosts Concord

LOL @ LIT AF. That was a total choke job.
                  That matchup might draw record attendance for an opening round game. Concord's head coach was Tyson Bagent's head coach in HS. A homecoming of sorts for coach Dave Walker and just a neat storyline.

Comment

• How did UNC_Pemboke get to keep their Braves nickname and we got blackmailed to drop Indians?

Comment

• The video feed for this Concord game can cause seizures...

Comment

• I think the only question now is does Slimey Pebble get totally punished for losing?

I'm not sure they do...New Haven would have to have something on their resume to take their slot.

Comment

• GANNON!!! LMAO!!! The CHEATERS!!!!!! Your sorry asses are not making the playoffs!!!

Comment

• I am not sure if Slimy Pebble get’s in?!?? 2 LOSSES!!!!

Comment

• Kutztown lost last week and then somehow cracked the Top 10. They beat SRU on the road today.

They should jump. How high?

Comment

• Concord or New haven, who do you think gets in out of the 2?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X