Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I agree. They try to avoid rematches, Im guessing it is the money situation.

as for BigCat; The Gannon win definitely put Rock over. Gannon beat IUP. If IUP wins that, do they put in Concord instead or maybe Kutztown? Possibly.

Gannon rocked the boat. That was a classic choke job.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Where are all those fair weather Gannon fans???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Where are all those fair weather Gannon fans???
        ... still drunk in the bleachers.

Comment

• Any word on the start time for IUP's second round game against the winner of Notre Dame (OH)/Ashland?

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
            Any word on the start time for IUP's second round game against the winner of Notre Dame (OH)/Ashland?
            That won’t be announced till Sunday at the soonest.

Comment

as for BigCat; The Gannon win definitely put Rock over. Gannon beat IUP. If IUP wins that, do they put in Concord instead or maybe Kutztown? Possibly.
              Kutztown getting in would have been a joke after the way they got handled by an underwhelming West Chester team. Their defense certainly beat us at Ship, but I was less than impressed by their offense. Surprised they gave Shepherd as much trouble as they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Two PSAC East teams with a combined record of 12-10 kept them out of the playoffs.

Comment

That’s fair, I honestly forgot that the committee extends things out to wins by your wins. I’m not sure that Concord would have gotten in in either scenario though. They shot themselves in the foot by taking an abysmal loss to Fairmont State and didn’t get any help from their conference schedule for SOS by dodging NDC.
                  Last edited by TheBigCat2192; 11-14-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                    Any word on the start time for IUP's second round game against the winner of Notre Dame (OH)/Ashland?
                    From the NCAA manual:

”All preliminary-round games will start at 1 p.m. local time. Other times may be established at the discretion of the NCAA Division II Football Committee as requested by the host institution or as assigned by the committee. Game times can be adjusted by one hour from the preferred start time but must be approved by the football committee.”
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

From the NCAA manual:

”All preliminary-round games will start at 1 p.m. local time. Other times may be established at the discretion of the NCAA Division II Football Committee as requested by the host institution or as assigned by the committee. Game times can be adjusted by one hour from the preferred start time but must be approved by the football committee.”
                      I am glad they have people making 6 figures make decisions on when the games start. Shepherd is showing a noon kickoff. I think this is a no brainer for a stadium without lights. It starts getting dark at 1700. For any reason, a number of injuries and or OT could get it into the twilight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

That’s fair, I honestly forgot that the committee extends things out to wins by your wins. I’m not sure that Concord would have gotten in in either scenario though. They shot themselves in the foot by taking an abysmal loss to Fairmont State and didn’t get any help from their conference schedule for SOS by dodging NDC.
                        Didn't dodge NDC, the MEC determines matchups and which in conference opponent is left off the schedule for each cycle. From my understanding NDC will be back on the schedule in 23.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketmanFan0 View Post

Didn't dodge NDC, the MEC determines matchups and which in conference opponent is left off the schedule for each cycle. From my understanding NDC will be back on the schedule in 23.
                          He didn't mean they purposely dodged them, just that they weren't on the schedule this year and that hurt them SOS wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post

I am glad they have people making 6 figures make decisions on when the games start. Shepherd is showing a noon kickoff. I think this is a no brainer for a stadium without lights. It starts getting dark at 1700. For any reason, a number of injuries and or OT could get it into the twilight.
                            Several PSAC coaches make 6 figures. Should they not be involved since they make the big bucks?

Comment

• How is the snow in the Northeast affecting Saturday's games? Can SRU make it to Assumption? Can New Haven make it to Shepherdstown?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post

I forgot there aren’t lights there. I love the stadium though. One of the cooler stadiums I’ve been to. Ashland was another favorite.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X