Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

East Stroud is absolutely the weirdest team in the PSAC this season. Ship plays them next week, and based on the ESU results they could either stomp us or it could be a pretty good game. Depends on which Warriors show up.
    Every team has injuries, but ESU has been decimated this year. The starting QB missed time due to injury. The featured back yesterday was #4 on the depth chart at the beginning of the season. Two weeks ago, the entire secondary was 2nd and 3rd teamers. The top tackler last year blew out a knee 3 weeks ago. 2 starting D-lineman are out. Starting TE was lost in a camp injury. Their top lineman went out early in the season. It has been brutal...
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 10-23-2022, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Didn't shock me at all. At Homecoming Ship started 16 freshmen and sophomores. They have three sophs and a freshman on the o-line and all three of their top QBs are either redshirt or true freshmen. They don't start a single senior on defense. Against Kutztown, which featured 10 defensive starters who are either grad students or seniors, Ship controlled the ball for all of five minutes the entire second half. They somehow managed to field a team that basically doesn't have a senior class (and really not a ton of juniors) this season, and they're paying for it. Millersville is finally showing signs of improvement this year and really is no worse than Ship at this point.
      All of this, and add the factor that there's never been a time this season when you expected them to move the chains on the ground. With first-year guys at QB, that's a recipe for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Every team has injuries, but ESU has been decimated this year. The starting QB missed time due to injury. The featured back yesterday was #4 on the depth chart at the beginning of the season. Two weeks ago, the entire secondary was 2nd and 3rd teamers. The top tackler last year blew out a knee 3 weeks ago. 2 starting D-lineman are out. Starting TE was lost in a camp injury. Their top lineman went out early in the season. It has been brutal...
        Sorry to hear that. It happens. One of Ship's projected quarterbacks, Joey McCracken, was injured early in the season and hasn't been heard from since. Ship is basically starting an entire team of underclassmen, so it might be an interesting game.

Comment

Correct everyone has injuries. Bloomsburg been playing without a few starters. Also Monaco(all conf) a very good running back didn''t play! Still need to be able to score from one yard line, qb sneak might have worked, if you go under center! No one goes under center anymore!!

Comment

Yeah, I've never quite understood how receiving the snap 4 yards behind scrimmage is preferable on fourth-and-inches.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Yeah, I've never quite understood how receiving the snap 4 yards behind scrimmage is preferable on fourth-and-inches.
              Certainly doesn't show a lot of faith in your center and QB to get the job done. One of the dumbest shotgun snaps I've ever seen is when Slippery Rock was at Ship a couple of years back.The Rock had stopped a Ship drive deep in its own territory with time running down and basically just had to get into a tight victory formation for a couple of snaps for the win. Instead, they lined up in standard shotgun formation, a bad snap went past the QB into the end zone, and Ship fell on the ball for the winning TD. SR coach totally lost that game.

Comment

Certainly doesn't show a lot of faith in your center and QB to get the job done. One of the dumbest shotgun snaps I've ever seen is when Slippery Rock was at Ship a couple of years back.The Rock had stopped a Ship drive deep in its own territory with time running down and basically just had to get into a tight victory formation for a couple of snaps for the win. Instead, they lined up in standard shotgun formation, a bad snap went past the QB into the end zone, and Ship fell on the ball for the winning TD. SR coach totally lost that game.
                Amazingly, he later said they didn't have a victory formation play.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I won't lie. That is the funniest and dumbest thing I have ever heard from a coach.

Comment

Wow, that is amazing. We gladly took that gift. And to think we were actually competitive with The Rock that year. Well, maybe in a couple more years. . . .

Comment

Top to bottom, this is one of the better weeks on the PSAC schedule. There's more toss-up games than usual.

Shepherd (7-0) at West Chester (4-3) - WCU had some hype entering the season. Things haven't quite gone as expected. West Chester likely won't win a shootout tomorrow. Can their defense keep Shepherd in check? Shepherd won a tight one against WCU a year ago, 42-38.
                      Source? Other than their SID and coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I thought they'd be improved, had a lot of young guys back from last year. Thought the way they played Shepherd and IUP late in the year last year would springboard them back into regular title contention. I'd say its a pretty disappointing year for them thus far. Not quite as bad as ESU's year though, they take the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Kirk Herbsteit and Lee Corso were will real high on the walk-ons entering this season.

They were also picked third in the coaches' poll. Granted, nobody knew the gap from 1/2 to 3/down would be so extreme this year in the East.

Personally, I felt the same as RAM040506 this summer. They looked pretty good at the end of last year (minus getting smoked by IUP in the fourth quarter of the last game). I also thought the returning QB was going to do much, much better this year.

Several posters on here also thought they'd be much better. That's about as much hype as you're going to get in D2.

Comment

Kirk Herbsteit and Lee Corso were will real high on the walk-ons entering this season.

They were also picked third in the coaches' poll. Granted, nobody knew the gap from 1/2 to 3/down would be so extreme this year in the East.

Personally, I felt the same as RAM040506 this summer. They looked pretty good at the end of last year (minus getting smoked by IUP in the fourth quarter of the last game). I also thought the returning QB was going to do much, much better this year.

Several posters on here also thought they'd be much better. That's about as much hype as you're going to get in D2.
                            I also thought that they would be a lot better than they are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X