Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Anyone have some extra butter for my popcorn?
    I usually have popcorn when I'm watching something entertaining. This sort of stuff is sad rather than entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

How far is that trip Bart? It's 80 miles to Bloomsburg from my house in Lancaster County. I'm originally from Bloomsburg, so we go up to see family also.

Side note: It was mentioned on the board recently about the statue down at West Chester honoring on of the 9/11 pilots who was a alum. My uncle was talking to Coach Hale at church recently and that pilot was on of his players. I thought that was interesting.

So who's next? Mercyhurst? I wonder how Sheptock will approach the game. There's not much to play for but pride and looking ahead to next year.
      I am under 30 miles to the stadium, but I could live a block from the stadium and feel the same way. As a student, I rarely went to games. When George Landis took over a team that didn't win a game the year before, and began building a program, I became interested. In his 3rd year he took them to the PSAC Championship game, and won it in his 4th year. Talk about rebuilding a program. He was a great coach. I don't see that happening again anytime soon.

I do remember the Hale/Horrocks connection. He was the captain of WCU in the early eighties. I lived in West Chester in the eighties, and never missed a Bloom and WCU game. Good memories of those games.

Comment

• Curiosity as I didn't watch the game ... how in the world did Edinboro almost beat SRU?

Did Rock take the day off? Injuries? Boro go crazy?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Curiosity as I didn't watch the game ... how in the world did Edinboro almost beat SRU?

It was a conspiracy to screw over IUP! :-)

Although..it would be better to avoid Shepherd next week…

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I am under 30 miles to the stadium, but I could live a block from the stadium and feel the same way. As a student, I rarely went to games. When George Landis took over a team that didn't win a game the year before, and began building a program, I became interested. In his 3rd year he took them to the PSAC Championship game, and won it in his 4th year. Talk about rebuilding a program. He was a great coach. I don't see that happening again anytime soon.

I do remember the Hale/Horrocks connection. He was the captain of WCU in the early eighties. I lived in West Chester in the eighties, and never missed a Bloom and WCU game. Good memories of those games.
            Attendance hasn’t been particularly strong at BU recently even during the good times. When I was a student there (2011-15) they won the PSAC once and were generally contenders for the East and a playoff spot but the only games that regularly filled the stadium were the homecoming games and a few matchups with KU/WCU/Ship. Even the 2013 PSAC Championship was played in a half-filled Redman and it’s better not to look at the attendance numbers for the two home playoff games they hosted (admittedly being played the Saturday after Thanksgiving probably didn’t help.)
            Last edited by TheBigCat2192; 11-06-2022, 09:21 AM. Reason: Read schedule backwards and mixed up where a game was played.

Comment

It was a conspiracy to screw over IUP! :-)

Although..it would be better to avoid Shepherd next week…
              Stop it! You all have a great chance in that game. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Stop it! You all have a great chance in that game. LOL
                You can’t play David this week. You are Goliath.

Comment

You can’t play David this week. You are Goliath.
                  F that

IUP can win this game. Won't be easy.

They'll have to win a shootout but IUP's offense can score serious points.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Attendance hasn’t been particularly strong at BU recently even during the good times. When I was a student there (2011-15) they won the PSAC once and were generally contenders for the East and a playoff spot but the only games that regularly filled the stadium were the homecoming games and a few matchups with KU/WCU/Ship. Even the 2013 PSAC Championship was played in a half-filled Redman and it’s better not to look at the attendance numbers for the two home playoff games they hosted (admittedly being played the Saturday after Thanksgiving probably didn’t help.)
                    Before student housing was built on the upper campus, it was a trek for students to get to games. I recall that walk in the seventies. Parking isn't convenient, even when the stadium is half full. If you are not a die hard football fan, there is nothing to pull fans to games. I would guess about 2500 average this year.

Comment

F that

The can but they have the best player on the field. They are the favorite.

Comment

The can but they have the best player on the field. They are the favorite.
                        It's only Sunday. I'm trying not to think of Bagent vs our secondary.

Comment

Curiosity as I didn't watch the game ... how in the world did Edinboro almost beat SRU?

Boro defense had Grover rattled all game. They held Rock to 129 yards passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Boro defense had Grover rattled all game. They held Rock to 129 yards passing.
                            That score started to circulate in Miller yesterday. When it got to 21-21 in the 4th ... well, there were some nervous Indians and Hawks.

Comment

I watched quite a bit of the 2nd half and I have no idea why that happened.

When IUP played SRU the two teams looked fairly evenly matched. When IUP played Edinboro the Scots looked like they were from a lower NCAA division. So, yesterday didn't make much sense.

I will say that the week before IUP played SRU I watched SRU really struggle with SHU. It's inexplicable except to say that SRU almost got beat yesterday.

Comment

F that

Well, The IUP run game will be important - keeping the D off the field.

The Shep D has not really been tested, Did about the same as IUP against Cal, KU scored the most against them, and a big part of that was their high TOP, 35 to 25.

Its always hard to know whether to go with a rush heavy or pass defend D against guys like Bagent. IUP almost always goes with Pass defend, but with these DBs I don't know.

The DBs are going to have to play the games of their lives, and the O has to keep them off the field as much as possible.
                                Last edited by ironmaniup; 11-06-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X