Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The can but they have the best player on the field. They are the favorite.
    I think Bagent and Sexton are on about the same level. The game will come down to what happens in real time and who gets the breaks.

Comment

The can but they have the best player on the field. They are the favorite.
      And IUP has the best WR in the Country in Duane Brown, and the best running back in the region in Dayjure Stewart! Shep’s QB is great, that’s just a fact. But Mak is great to which is a fact!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

And IUP has the best WR in the Country in Duane Brown, and the best running back in the region in Dayjure Stewart! Shep’s QB is great, that’s just a fact. But Mak is great to which is a fact!
        IUP is a great program, I just hope the Rams can keep pace and maybe win it at the end. IUP has so many weapons to contend with and the Rams are very young and small on defense. Going to be a tall task for the Rams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

IUP is a great program, I just hope the Rams can keep pace and maybe win it at the end. IUP has so many weapons to contend with and the Rams are very young and small on defense. Going to be a tall task for the Rams!
          No Shepherd sandbagging this week!!!

LOL

Comment

No Shepherd sandbagging this week!!!

LOL
            Forgive us, but we're not used to people on the PSAC board thinking that Shepherd will beat IUP. We have 24 years of conditioning that says otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Forgive us, but we're not used to people on the PSAC board thinking that Shepherd will beat IUP. We have 24 years of conditioning that says otherwise.
              I'm just waiting for the traditional post claiming "Shepherd has never seen athletes like IUP."

Give it time. It's coming.

Comment

• This one's really surprising: IUP's all-time record vs. Shepherd.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm just waiting for the traditional post claiming "Shepherd has never seen athletes like IUP."

Give it time. It's coming.
                  Hahahahaha... You get where I am coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    This one's really surprising: IUP's all-time record vs. Shepherd.
                    Is what it is. Couple plays away from being much different (but, it isn't)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I am under 30 miles to the stadium, but I could live a block from the stadium and feel the same way. As a student, I rarely went to games. When George Landis took over a team that didn't win a game the year before, and began building a program, I became interested. In his 3rd year he took them to the PSAC Championship game, and won it in his 4th year. Talk about rebuilding a program. He was a great coach. I don't see that happening again anytime soon.

I do remember the Hale/Horrocks connection. He was the captain of WCU in the early eighties. I lived in West Chester in the eighties, and never missed a Bloom and WCU game. Good memories of those games.
                      I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the Jay Dedea "Hail Mary" game at WCU was the best PSAC game I've ever seen, and probably the best I'll ever see. The ending stunned an entire crowd into silence for five seconds.

Comment

I think 4-of-6 meetings have been decided by one score.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the Jay Dedea "Hail Mary" game at WCU was the best PSAC game I've ever seen, and probably the best I'll ever see. The ending stunned an entire crowd into silence for five seconds.
                          I certainly enjoyed the 49-42 Ship-Bloom battle at Seth Grove Stadium during Zac Zulli's Harlon Hill year. Ship built a big halftime lead, gave it all back for a 42-42 tie in the closing minutes, then won it with a clutch two-minute drive led by Zulli. The ball was flying all over the field — great fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I was there for that one; the most memorable game I ever attended. I have said it before, but they were still unpling the endzone celebration as I left the stands and walked by. I have looked for the video, but could only find the radio call of the last play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I certainly enjoyed the 49-42 Ship-Bloom battle at Seth Grove Stadium during Zac Zulli's Harlon Hill year. Ship built a big halftime lead, gave it all back for a 42-42 tie in the closing minutes, then won it with a clutch two-minute drive led by Zulli. The ball was flying all over the field — great fun to watch.
                              I got some heavy perspective when North Dakota State came into Ship for the D-II quarterfinals in 1981. I'd never before seen a triple option where the QB would be five yards past scrimmage before pitching to the trail back. It was devastating.

The final was 18-6 NDSU, but that was only a testament to the grittiness of that Shippensburg team. These were two teams on completely different levels.

The next time I saw the triple option run like that was when Bo Orlando quarterbacked Berwick to the mythical national HS title. Bo fashioned a nice little NFL career on defense, but he could have been a superb college option QB, too.
                              Last edited by jrshooter; 11-06-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Just really surprised me to see that goose egg. Can't say that about many teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X