Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 Coaching Changes

Friend at Seton Hill says "half the coaches" are getting fired.

I don't think any PSAC head coaches are up for firing. Any changes would most likely be resignations or retirements.

Some head coaching changes known in DII, within PA, or of PSAC interest:
    • Catawba
    • Juniata
    • Missouri Western
    • Morehouse
    • Northern Michigan
    • Northwood
    • Sioux Falls
    • UNC-Pembroke
    Former Pitt DC Josh Conkin was fired at Wofford.

Looks like some truth in what I was told at Seton Hill - today they posted the offensive coordinator job.

Comment

Lehigh’s HC resigned yesterday. Obviously that isn’t a PSAC school but given the fact that they’re D1 (okay, FCS) and in the same state it’s an opening that could affect our league. You wonder if the AD there will turn his eye to any of the younger or more successful coaches in this league in the search for a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
        Lehigh’s HC resigned yesterday. Obviously that isn’t a PSAC school but given the fact that they’re D1 (okay, FCS) and in the same state it’s an opening that could affect our league. You wonder if the AD there will turn his eye to any of the younger or more successful coaches in this league in the search for a replacement.
        What's your guess on the salary there?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No idea. The Patriot League isn’t quite a full scholarship league for football (I think they’re still short of the FCS maximum by rule at least) but Lehigh’s been around forever and plays in a much larger stadium than any of our schools. Presumably it’s higher but how much isn’t something I can guess at.

Comment

No idea. The Patriot League isn’t quite a full scholarship league for football (I think they’re still short of the FCS maximum by rule at least) but Lehigh’s been around forever and plays in a much larger stadium than any of our schools. Presumably it’s higher but how much isn’t something I can guess at.
            id have to think clements would be on the short list.

Comment

I'm praying to the football gods for KU to hold on to Clements

Comment

My guess is in the 175-200 range.

Comment

Findlay (D-II - OH): Kyle Ohradzansky, who spent the last two seasons as the offensive coordinator at Shippensburg (D-II - OH), is returning to Findlay as their new offensive coordinator. He previously coached the team's receivers and was a graduate assistant for the program before leaving for Shippensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Findlay (D-II - OH): Kyle Ohradzansky, who spent the last two seasons as the offensive coordinator at Shippensburg (D-II - OH), is returning to Findlay as their new offensive coordinator. He previously coached the team's receivers and was a graduate assistant for the program before leaving for Shippensburg.
                    Not a surprise since Ship recently named Scott Brisson, former OC at Lehigh, as their new OC and quarterbacks coach. Offensive coordinator has been a revolving door at Ship since they lost Mike Yurcich to D1 a few years back and then J.C. Morgan to become head coach at Millersville. It definitely has taken a toll on the program. Hopefully, Brisson can provide some stability. But probably no offensive system will help without some improvement on the o-line and in the running backs rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Not a surprise since Ship recently named Scott Brisson, former OC at Lehigh, as their new OC and quarterbacks coach. Offensive coordinator has been a revolving door at Ship since they lost Mike Yurcich to D1 a few years back and then J.C. Morgan to become head coach at Millersville. It definitely has taken a toll on the program. Hopefully, Brisson can provide some stability. But probably no offensive system will help without some improvement on the o-line and in the running backs rooms.
                      It's a tricky position. If you go with younger coordinators in D2 ... they are likely a successful stint away from getting a head job or perhaps moving up a level in some capacity. The main goal for younger ones is to likely get out of there as fast as possible. Most of our programs don't pay the coordinators very well.

Stability on a D2 football staff is fantastic but very difficult to achieve. IUP's last DL coach (or, maybe two DL coaches ago ... I lose track) didn't want to leave but financially couldn't stay. He's now in D1.

IUP men's basketball has been a revolving door of really good assistants. Unfortunately, most have been here one year and then leave for greener pastures. I think the first assistant at IUP maybe makes $48,000/year for men's basketball. IUP football has some higher salaries among the assistants but guys like Jim Smith and Campollo have been here 20-some years. I think the previous OC (the one they had to let go) was only making around $55,000/year.

The stability is likely in the older coaches looking to settle down (quit moving). It's just a matter of being able to strike a deal.

Comment

Kutztown guy would be great hire

Comment

It's a tricky position. If you go with younger coordinators in D2 ... they are likely a successful stint away from getting a head job or perhaps moving up a level in some capacity. The main goal for younger ones is to likely get out of there as fast as possible. Most of our programs don't pay the coordinators very well.

Stability on a D2 football staff is fantastic but very difficult to achieve. IUP's last DL coach (or, maybe two DL coaches ago ... I lose track) didn't want to leave but financially couldn't stay. He's now in D1.

IUP men's basketball has been a revolving door of really good assistants. Unfortunately, most have been here one year and then leave for greener pastures. I think the first assistant at IUP maybe makes $48,000/year for men's basketball. IUP football has some higher salaries among the assistants but guys like Jim Smith and Campollo have been here 20-some years. I think the previous OC (the one they had to let go) was only making around $55,000/year.

The stability is likely in the older coaches looking to settle down (quit moving). It's just a matter of being able to strike a deal.
                          It is tough to keep 'em, and that's certainly the case at Ship. Yurcich was an extreme example, basically going to Oklahoma State at 10 times the salary he was making at Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It is tough to keep 'em, and that's certainly the case at Ship. Yurcich was an extreme example, basically going to Oklahoma State at 10 times the salary he was making at Ship.
                            Exactly. Yurcich left Edinboro for Shippensburg over a $4,000 raise. Then he left Ship for OSU over a $547,500 raise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Exactly. Yurcich left Edinboro for Shippensburg over a $4,000 raise. Then he left Ship for OSU over a $547,500 raise.
                              There was a funny story about that when Oklahoma State coach Gundy was interviewing Yurcich for the job. Gundy said he mentioned the salary for the position, and Yurcich just sat there silent for a time. Gundy wondered whether Yurcich thought the offer was too low. But Yurcich then recovered and explained that he actually had been stunned into silence by the offer, which of course was multiples of what he was making in the PSAC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X