Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential New KU HC

Lehigh's Tom Gilmore resigned recently. This has sparked speculation that Jim Clements may get the offer to be their new head coach. If he were to get the offer, I would not doubt he would take it. This is a hypothetical short list of coaches I think KU should go after if Clements leaves.

Marcel Quarterman- 9 seasons at KU (3 as offensive coordinator). 4 seasons at Lafayette as an assistant. 1 season as a defensive assistant at d3 Franklin & Marshall College.

Nate Milne- 7 seasons at d3 Muhlenberg College (4 as head coach). 42-9 record, 3 d3 NCAA tournament appearances (1 semifinal appearance), 1 bowl win. Offensive coordinator for 3 seasons at Muhlenberg prior to becoming head coach. 7 seasons as d3 Susquehanna University offensive coordinator. 3 seasons as an offensive assistant at d3 Cortland State.

Tom Perkovich- 7 seasons at d3 Susquehanna University as head coach. 56-19 record, 1 d3 NCAA tournament appearance, 4 bowl wins. 11 seasons at Muhlenberg College as an offensive coordinator/offensive assistant. 1 season at FCS Holy Cross. 1 season at FCS Colgate.

FWIW, there definitely has been a lot of scuttlebutt on both the Any Given Saturday message board (a sibling board of sorts to this one where the focus is on DI-AA/FCS football) and on the Lehigh Sports Forum with Jim Clements being one of the favorites for the Lehigh head coaching job. (His name was also being thrown around last season, but I think Kutztown's run to the D2 quarterfinals may have made it more difficult for Lehigh to go after him then.) Clements has an excellent track record at Delaware Valley and Kutztown.

Clements' possible successors identified above if he is offered/takes the job at Lehigh are all solid candidates. (I personally hope it isn't Nate Milne, who has done a very good job in Allentown after succeeding the late Mike Donnelly.) Delaware Valley's current head coach Duke Greco could also be a possibility, following a similar path as Clements, though Greco may be a DelVal lifer (played there and was an assistant coach for quite a few years there before becoming the head coach when Clements moved to Kutztown).

Comment

I know the Lehigh fans are clamoring for Clements. If there was betting on it he would have the best odds of being their next HC. The Del Val coach would be a great candidate.

Comment

Clements seems like the perfect hire. He's the right age (not a retread) and knows the area well. He's had success with each rung of the ladder. I'd actually be shocked if he isn't announced as the new HC within the week.

Comment

Clements certainly deserves credit for making Kutztown a player in the PSAC East. And with some of the other East programs sputtering in recent years he couldn't have picked a better time to do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X