Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post

Early on in the process there was also talk of the KCAC complex including a "department of homeland security" office as well. I also remember one of the IUP big wigs bragged "were are going to get rid of that dump" aka the scrap yard that was much bigger back in the day before IUP had you know officially secured the property.
    It was an eyesore and a bad first image as you came in on Wayne Ave.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Coming to campus from Wayne Ave used to be such an eye soar. It still is to an extent but nothing like it was in the 90s.

Of course, a lot of the 'dump' was removed and even more of it was somewhat hidden from the eye. However, that area still could use some house cleaning.

Ironically, they got that part of Wayne somewhat cleaned up but when they pretty much ran Frat Row off of 7th Street much of the party scene just shifted down to Wayne (where Uncle Sudzies once was). That strip there is primarily the new 'party block' of IUP. Total pain in the behind to drive near there at night.
      There’s a plan on paper to clean up what remains. Think green space and outdoor education opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Murtha might have been on the IUP Board of Trustees, I can't remember for sure. But he did attend IUP and I think his kids went to IUP.
        Murtha was a friend of IUP once we were put in his district. I can't remember his impact on the KCAC, but Kovalchik had plenty of connections. There are alot of stories about how he helped to get the KCAC, some might be true

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Murtha was a friend of IUP once we were put in his district. I can't remember his impact on the KCAC, but Kovalchik had plenty of connections. There are alot of stories about how he helped to get the KCAC, some might be true
          Nice if you can get someone in Harrisburg on your side. In our area we have mostly ultra conservative legislators who think gutting public education is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

So basically IUP has decided to hitch their wagon to hoops instead of the turf. If that trend was reversed, would IUP have the money to be a fully funded D2 football program?
            You need 15 schollies for basketball. Football requires a ton more...Comparing them is apples and watermelons...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You need 15 schollies for basketball. Football requires a ton more...Comparing them is apples and watermelons...
              I think D2 only allows 10 for MBB.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I think D2 only allows 10 for MBB.
                Did not know that. Thanks!

Comment

There was a Shepherd fan who was really just trying to be supportive and said that Shepherd had the resources it needs for a national title because Glenville State won the women's basketball title last season. And I resisted telling her that there is a big difference between funding football and basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                    There was a Shepherd fan who was really just trying to be supportive and said that Shepherd had the resources it needs for a national title because Glenville State won the women's basketball title last season. And I resisted telling her that there is a big difference between funding football and basketball.
                    Funny thing is IUP has more basketball scholarships on a yearly basis than most of our football programs.

But, as always, our 'scholarship' reporting numbers are iffy at best -- i.e. they don't tell the whole story. They don't take in to consideration the 'perks' provided to the walk-ons, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Funny thing is IUP has more basketball scholarships on a yearly basis than most of our football programs.

But, as always, our 'scholarship' reporting numbers are iffy at best -- i.e. they don't tell the whole story. They don't take in to consideration the 'perks' provided to the walk-ons, etc.
                      You are absolutely correct. And as much as some like to downplay it, facilities matter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X