Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

That's interesting. Maybe someday he ends up the head coach there, who knows.
    I thought that, too. It's all the same school, anyway.

Comment

(OT) 40-1? I kind of miss the days in the 00's when Bart would gently rib me about the Husky grapplers having a winning streak against the Bald Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        (OT) 40-1? I kind of miss the days in the 00's when Bart would gently rib me about the Husky grapplers having a winning streak against the Bald Eagles.
        I saw Clarion also beat Lock Haven.

Curiosity, how does a team get 1 point in a match?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I saw Clarion also beat Lock Haven.

Curiosity, how does a team get 1 point in a match?
          Bloom won 1 bout for 3 points but they were deducted a point on 2 separate occasions, once for the coach coming on the mat and the other for unsportsmanlike conduct.. Some real frustration there.

Yes, Clarion, beat LHU in the dual but LHU was missing 3 starters (out of 10). I think the Bald Eagles are still in line for the MAC East dual championship because Clarion lost to Cleveland State and LHU beat Cleveland State. Clarion still has to beat Rider and LHU beat Rider. Clarion has a good team. LHU and Clarion are doing well, while Edinboro and Bloom are falling off the pace. . The focus in college wrestling is the end of year tournaments. In this case, the MAC tournament which serves as the qualifier for the NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
            It's all the same school, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

It's all the same school, anyway.
              True. I think I read that somewhere.

Comment

Donovan Backus 6'1" 185 wr/db Fort Union Military Acadmey post grad from Dematha H.S. Maryland

Comment

Bloom looking for a assistant defensive coach, posted today.https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/rss...medium=twitter Anticipated start date March 20th. Spring practice starts March 22nd and spring game is at night on April 14th.

Comment

New OL coach Chris Sprague, long time LHU coach. Spent last year at Bently; here is their bio:

Following more than two decades on the coaching staff at Lock Haven University, Chris Sprague is in his first season at Bentley University. His responsibility is coaching the offensive line.

Most recently at Lock Haven, Sprague was the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Prior to taking that position in 2020, he had at various times coached the defensive line, served as the run game coordinator, been the assistant head coach, the special teams coordinator the linebackers coach and a strength and conditioning coach.

Sprague began his coaching career as a graduate assistant and restricted earnings offensive line coach at James Madison University from 1990-93. He followed that with three years at Penn State where he was a defensive quality control coach. During that time, the Nittany Lions competed in the Rose, Outback and Fiesta bowls.

Sprague is a 1990 graduate of Ithaca College where he was a three-year starter, part of the 1998 NCAA Division III national championship team and a member of the 1985 NCAA Division III national runner-up team.

After receiving his Bachelor of Science in physical education from Ithaca, Sprague earned his Master of Science in physical education from James Madison in 1993.
                    Last edited by Bart; 03-17-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Bloomsburg has hired Albright (D-III - PA) corners coach Deon Henry to their full-time defensive backs job per scoop. Albright bio:

Deon Henry enters his first season on the Albright College football coaching staff and brings with him over 20 years of coaching experience. Henry specializes in coaching defensive backs and has done so expertly for 12 years of his career.

Henry joins Albright from Post University where he was defensive coordinator and secondary coach since 2021. Henry has also spent time coaching at The College of New Jersey (Linebackers) and Rowan University (Secondary/Passing game).

In 2017 at Rowan University Henry was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association Division III Assistant Coach of the Year. In all, Henry has coached nine different student-athletes to all conference honors.

Henry hails from Millville, New Jersey and attended Wesley College where he played cornerback and safety for the Wesley College football program.

Henry studied business at Norfolk State University and later earned a degree from Thomas Edison State College graduating with a Bachelors degree in Administration of Law. Additionally, Henry has earned his Masters degree in exercise science and health promotion with a concentration in sports psychology from California University of Pennsylvania.

Comment

Harry Jenkins 6-4 275 DE/.DT graduate transfer from Shepherd. Started off as a TE at Virginia Union. Has been used sparingly, but had 11 offers for transfer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X