Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post

No comparison. Penn State top 10 party school. It's worth the trip.
    For a car full of naïve state school kids driving an hour to State College, they'll be sorely disappointed. Since the hazing death about 5 years ago, the school cracked down and most frat parties are guest list only. I guess if one of them had a brother in the particular frat they'd get in - but its not like it was years ago. The partying at Arts Fest in the summer has also died down. Unfortunately the commercial sprawl has sucked up any benefit of a tamer community.

I bet the average Penn State student would find the Bloom party scene to be intriguing. What it lacks in size or impressive locations (Victorian mansions as fraternity houses), in my experience "big school" visitors were blown away at the severity of the partying at PASSHE schools.

At a lot of schools, the Covid shut down has really dampened partying. The current upperclassmen who rent the off campus party house and facilitate the party were all underclassmen during the campus shutdowns. "Kids nowadays" are even more comfortable sitting in their rooms staring at a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

"Kids nowadays" are even more comfortable sitting in their rooms staring at a screen.
      Seems like a lot of adults are, too.

Comment

For a car full of naïve state school kids driving an hour to State College, they'll be sorely disappointed. Since the hazing death about 5 years ago, the school cracked down and most frat parties are guest list only. I guess if one of them had a brother in the particular frat they'd get in - but its not like it was years ago. The partying at Arts Fest in the summer has also died down. Unfortunately the commercial sprawl has sucked up any benefit of a tamer community.

I bet the average Penn State student would find the Bloom party scene to be intriguing. What it lacks in size or impressive locations (Victorian mansions as fraternity houses), in my experience "big school" visitors were blown away at the severity of the partying at PASSHE schools.

At a lot of schools, the Covid shut down has really dampened partying. The current upperclassmen who rent the off campus party house and facilitate the party were all underclassmen during the campus shutdowns. "Kids nowadays" are even more comfortable sitting in their rooms staring at a screen.
        About 15-20 years ago you'd never consider going near the IUP campus at night (Thurs-Sat) if you weren't a student.

Now you can walk through there on a Friday night and if you didn't know better you wouldn't realize there was a campus there. It's that dead.

Comment

I think it is more the bar scene in a larger college town that is the draw. I doubt they would find much better prospects at snobby Bucknell parties, and Bloom did away with the Greek party scene. Plus there is always the tailgating on Saturdays at PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

About 15-20 years ago you'd never consider going near the IUP campus at night (Thurs-Sat) if you weren't a student.

Now you can walk through there on a Friday night and if you didn't know better you wouldn't realize there was a campus there. It's that dead.
            I believe that.

On Friday and Saturday’s in the80’s, every underage student knew which frat had the 10pm party, the midnight party and the 2am party…all centered around kegs of unfiltered Allegheny River water or what yinz call Iron City Beer. I risked my life attending a few of them in those fire trap frat houses with a few hundred people stuffed in their basements.

Comment

Gannon picks up 26th verbal. Good looking QB coming in.
              An FCS decommit was all state big school QB.
              Heavy on the line this year.
              Departure of Nardo ... Ouch! but it was bound to Happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                Gannon picks up 26th verbal. Good looking QB coming in.
                An FCS decommit was all state big school QB.
                Heavy on the line this year.
                Departure of Nardo ... Ouch! but it was bound to Happen.
                Makes you wonder if they'll lose some verbals on that side.

Comment

Makes you wonder if they'll lose some verbals on that side.
                  Yes more than likely, Have to wait until Feb 1st to see what comes in.
                  by the same token there may be some late surprises and that goes for all D2 teams.

Comment

Studies and surveys show that Generation Z drinks less than millennials, who drink less than Gen Xers or Baby Boomers do for a variety of reasons; mostly money, fear of damaging social media exposure, and a desire to not follow the same behaviors as their parents. When you have pressure from the administration/campus PD/other authorities combined with this pattern of behavior across a generation you end up with less of a party school atmosphere. Whether that’s good or bad is a decision left up to the individual readers out there.

Comment

Much anticipated.

https://www.golhu.com/news/2023/1/26...-on-feb-1.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Going to take a while to walk through all 71 commits

Comment

If the over/under on Lock Haven wins versus the PSAC over the next three years is 3 1/2, what are you taking?

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            If the over/under on Lock Haven wins versus the PSAC over the next three years is 3 1/2, what are you taking?
                            3.5 total in 3 years?

Ooh that's a tough one. I'll say under. Like most others, they'll get some light momentum then cut or be not renewed. The only difference this time around is that this staff is young and lives on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Am I missing something here doesn’t this school have a 21 something game PSAC losing streak, what a smoke screen of crap..just sayin.

Comment

Welp. https://twitter.com/ChristoJ21/statu...NnIdaSUJFd0VSQ

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X