Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think the drop in enrollment in Western Pa. high schools has had a ripple effect on the conference. I now see western Pa. PASSHE schools venturing into our central Pa. area far more than they used to for both academic students and athletes. That in turn is forcing schools such as Ship to adjust their recruiting net, and I don't think they've quite caught up yet. I did not enjoy seeing Hilton Ridley out of the Lancaster-Lebanon League romping all over Ship in last year's game with IUP. While schools such as IUP and The Rock have remained respectable, at least in the region, the conference overall has fallen off. Shepherd recruits a different area than the rest, one I think more PSAC schools need to mine. I believe Ship also will look more toward N.J,, Maryland, and Va. in the future. Makes sense with our location.
    Probably not as out of state recruits cost twice the tuition. DC has reciprocity for most psac schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Probably not as out of state recruits cost twice the tuition. DC has reciprocity for most psac schools.
      50% more on average. Housing & meals are usually the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

3 quarterbacks under 6 feet, interesting.
        Good catch. Very much the Jimmy T archetype. Probably a big selling point.

Comment

According to PASSHE, out of state tuition varies widely, from $9,660 to $19,290.

Comment

• Categorize this one under "Holy F***":

Marcus Stokes, the consensus 4-star QB who had committed to Florida and was booted after a video surfaced of him rapping and using the N word, only to ironically verbally commit to HBCU Albany State then lose that offer after online backlash has committed to...West Florida. Granted, Josh Portis was a 4-star QB and I wouldn't say he was a once in a lifetime player. West Florida is just blessed with incredible location.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/r...s-west-florida

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

3 quarterbacks under 6 feet, interesting.

Well, a lot of these kids (and schools) are full of $hit when it comes to heights and weights.

I can't tell you how many 6'4" IUP players I've stood beside that wouldn't be 6'4" standing on four phonebooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Categorize this one under "Holy F***":

Marcus Stokes, the consensus 4-star QB who had committed to Florida and was booted after a video surfaced of him rapping and using the N word, only to ironically verbally commit to HBCU Albany State then lose that offer after online backlash has committed to...West Florida. Granted, Josh Portis was a 4-star QB and I wouldn't say he was a once in a lifetime player. West Florida is just blessed with incredible location.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/r...s-west-florida
                He looks like a total douchebag and West Flori-duh in in right wing Pensacola so the fact he’s a racist prick is most likely a positive there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He looks like a total douchebag and West Flori-duh in in right wing Pensacola so the fact he’s a racist prick is most likely a positive there.
                  That explains it. He's white. I didn't get the reference to rapping and the N-word (because it's used in about every rap song I hear).

And, yes, his backstory won't be an issue in Pensacola.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That explains it. He's white. I didn't get the reference to rapping and the N-word (because it's used in about every rap song I hear).

Pensacola is the Redneck Riviera and regardless of true location its culturally the nicest part of Alabama. Although it is a nice place.

Comment

Nope. He’ll have one big season there and a D1 program will get amnesia about him and give him an offer. He won’t stay long there.

Comment

Ship has lowered out-of-state rates for N.J. and certain areas of Md. and the I-81 corridor.

Comment

Ship has lowered out-of-state rates for N.J. and certain areas of Md. and the I-81 corridor.
                          It's almost hard to believe (with as anal as the system is) that they can pick and choose discount areas. It's almost discrimination toward the other parts of Maryland.

I don't get why they just don't make it all boardering states.

Comment

It's almost hard to believe (with as anal as the system is) that they can pick and choose discount areas. It's almost discrimination toward the other parts of Maryland.

I don't get why they just don't make it all boardering states.
                            I'm not sure they want a big rush of discounted tuitions just yet. And they might have adjusted things again recently. These are strange times for the PASSHE. With more schools raiding our prime recruiting area, I think Ship definitely has to cast a wider net.

Comment

I'm not sure they want a big rush of discounted tuitions just yet. And they might have adjusted things again recently. These are strange times for the PASSHE. With more schools raiding our prime recruiting area, I think Ship definitely has to cast a wider net.
                              Not sure.

The admission process goes like this:

Is somebody paying for you (and their check will clear)?

You're in.

Comment

Well, a lot of these kids (and schools) are full of $hit when it comes to heights and weights.

I can't tell you how many 6'4" IUP players I've stood beside that wouldn't be 6'4" standing on four phonebooks.
                                As far as I can tell, all schools do that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X