Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Heard he was guaranteed a starting job. So the rest of the room might be screwed no matter how they perform.
    You sound like you have sources?

Comment

Man, that's sad to hear about Hartman. I remember seeing him play for Musselman, and he was a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Man, that's sad to hear about Hartman. I remember seeing him play for Musselman, and he was a monster.
        Yea really is, was excited to see how he'd do with majority of carries. Thought he would have been like Hlavach from 2016 range. No nonsense hitting the hole quick. As great as Brown was, he looked for the homerun so much that he missed a lot of easy 3-5 yard gains that were no gain or a loss. Granted a lot of times he broke it too...

Going to be a very green, new faces offense. Defense will have to carry the day early in the season I'd think while they get into a groove.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

You sound like you have sources?
          That is a pretty bold statement to be throwing out there. "Guaranteed a starting job?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

That is a pretty bold statement to be throwing out there. "Guaranteed a starting job?"
            Not so sure. I think a lot of transfer QBs are basically guaranteed a starting job. If you don't 'guarantee' it ... somebody else will. I'm sure IUP didn't just land its big QB transfer by telling him he'd be competing in camp for the job. It's a totally different world in recruiting today than it was just 10 years ago.

If you're shopping for high-profile D1 QBs, the starting job is the easy part. It's how many millions you have to pay him on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not so sure. I think a lot of transfer QBs are basically guaranteed a starting job. If you don't 'guarantee' it ... somebody else will. I'm sure IUP didn't just land its big QB transfer by telling him he'd be competing in camp for the job. It's a totally different world in recruiting today than it was just 10 years ago.

If you're shopping for high-profile D1 QBs, the starting job is the easy part. It's how many millions you have to pay him on top of it.
              I mean, I doubt that Shepherd brought in that QB from VMI to be a backup. For all I know, he could still lose the job, but I would think that the job is his initially.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I mean, I doubt that Shepherd brought in that QB from VMI to be a backup. For all I know, he could still lose the job, but I would think that the job is his initially.
                VMI is not a QB factory to say the least. Is basically a mid level PSAC team disguised as a "D1" program.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

VMI is not a QB factory to say the least. Is basically a mid level PSAC team disguised as a "D1" program.
                  While I don't disagree. He has played against some very good competition and has a few impressive wins.

Comment

While I don't disagree. He has played against some very good competition and has a few impressive wins.
                    If they signed him I'd have to trust he's pretty good. Ernie doesn't seem to swing and miss too often.

Comment

If Lek Powell is destined to be a career backup, you could do a lot worse. He had a 20:0 TD:interception ratio and a 71-percent completion rate as a HS senior. He's a coach's son, too ... Chance was a Ship assistant for a decade and also head coach at Shippensburg High for 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If they signed him I'd have to trust he's pretty good. Ernie doesn't seem to swing and miss too often.
                        I mean, he did help VMI win the Southern Conference and started a FCS playoff game. I don't know how well he'll do, but he has some talent.

Comment

I mean, he did help VMI win the Southern Conference and started a FCS playoff game. I don't know how well he'll do, but he has some talent.
                          Yea, they did battle against #1 JMU in the first round of the playoffs losing by a touchdown. What was shown in the spring, was not the same team that will be intact for the fall and summer camp. They are still very much portal shopping for all positions.

Comment

Correct. That season was the covid season if I am not mistaken? I believe VMI played maybe 7 or 8 games? Many teams were playing with skeleton rosters That program was really not competitive prior to that for a few years. I believe they lost 19 of 20 a couple years prior to that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, they did battle against #1 JMU in the first round of the playoffs losing by a touchdown. What was shown in the spring, was not the same team that will be intact for the fall and summer camp. They are still very much portal shopping for all positions.
                              With only 6 days remaining - I sure hope Ernie is in talks with some 'quality' RBs and not being too picky and passing on some talent - which could come to bite us in the butt!

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

With only 6 days remaining - I sure hope Ernie is in talks with some 'quality' RBs and not being too picky and passing on some talent - which could come to bite us in the butt!
                                What are the actual 'signing periods' this year?

In the past it would be very common for players to show up all throughout the summer months (and even in August).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X