Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

With only 6 days remaining - I sure hope Ernie is in talks with some 'quality' RBs and not being too picky and passing on some talent - which could come to bite us in the butt!
    We have RB's, no need to portal hunt for those. Young guys just need opportunity, Malaki Brown the converted WR is the name to watch. We had like 3 freshman last year too that should be chomping at the bit. For the Portal they should be targeting pass rushers and lineman, and maybe another QB if they didn't like what they saw this spring...

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

We have RB's, no need to portal hunt for those. Young guys just need opportunity, Malaki Brown the converted WR is the name to watch. We had like 3 freshman last year too that should be chomping at the bit. For the Portal they should be targeting pass rushers and lineman, and maybe another QB if they didn't like what they saw this spring...
      True. Man....I'm an old fart and out of shape but I couldn't help notice that the Spring Game photos on the site sure make the players look awfully small. Might be the angles but I sure hope we have some beef upfront on both sides of the ball and our WR's/CB's don't get broken in half :)

Comment

RB room is fine. Possibly one more for some depth. Need another 1 or two ready made Oline. WR is an issue with depth. Word is they really like the QB room after spring ball. Morgan had a very good spring game as did Powell. Those two will battle for #1 in fall. Roberts is a quality arm. Younger Bagent is in as a freshman.

Comment

Shepherd released an updated Roster for the 2023 season. Seems to be just the 7/8 transfer portal guys and then all the returners. On a quick glance, 4 seniors on the whole team and only 3 QB's now. Going to be a very young team. Last year's back up #16 Ethchison is no longer on the roster at QB.

Comment

Shepherd released an updated Roster for the 2023 season. Seems to be just the 7/8 transfer portal guys and then all the returners. On a quick glance, 4 seniors on the whole team and only 3 QB's now. Going to be a very young team. Last year's back up #16 Ethchison is no longer on the roster at QB.
            There is a lot of game experience on the roster despite being young. Coach McCook always does a great job at getting guys game time experience. Would love to see a large DT hit the roster come Fall, but I'm excited about this defense!

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

There is a lot of game experience on the roster despite being young. Coach McCook always does a great job at getting guys game time experience. Would love to see a large DT hit the roster come Fall, but I'm excited about this defense!
              For some reason they never update the height and weight from the incoming freshman season it seems. I think their DT rotation is going to be the best its been since the Billy Brown years. Bednarski, Baxter, Muhle are going to be a load. Plus they got another bigger kid from VMI I think as well.

Etchison's twitter page says he's a GA coaching RB's now.

Comment

Has anyone heard how Tyson is doing so far with the bears? Not much money invested in him so he's easy to overlook and cut. Hope he outplays Fields and every other below average qb on that roster

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
                  Has anyone heard how Tyson is doing so far with the bears? Not much money invested in him so he's easy to overlook and cut. Hope he outplays Fields and every other below average qb on that roster
                  He doesn't have to outplay Fields to make the roster. He just needs to outplay Nathan Peterman. And honestly, he has a decent chance to make the roster. He picked the right team to sign with to have a chance to make an NFL roster.

Comment

With the nFL passing that rule that allows teams to carry a 3rd qb on the roster but not have it count towards the total roster number of 48 on game day (avoiding the San Francisco problem) that helps his chances. Just has to beat out Nathan peterman. Fields and PJ walker are entrenched at 1/2 on that depth chart.

Comment

He just has to get some film in a scrimmage or two. Other teams will be able to evaluate him from that if at some point the Bears decide to cut him. I do not see that happening though. He will minimally make the Bears practice squad.

Comment

obviously he isn't beating out Fields or probably Walker. The Bears would be an embarrassment if Fields gets beat out by a D2 guy. Stil though, hopefully the guy gets some great film and firmly entrenches himself as a #3 and eventually a #2 somewhere. I'm all in for any PSAC player who gets a shot.

Comment

With the nFL passing that rule that allows teams to carry a 3rd qb on the roster but not have it count towards the total roster number of 48 on game day (avoiding the San Francisco problem) that helps his chances. Just has to beat out Nathan peterman. Fields and PJ walker are entrenched at 1/2 on that depth chart.
                          The question will be do you want a rookie who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game or a veteran who at least has "been there" as your emergency in-game day QB? More likely that if he shows potential in camp and pre-season, he makes the practice squad and if the wheels fall off on the season, maybe he works his way onto the active roster. But the NFL generally is not "kind" to UDFA QB's from non D1 schools. But at least he has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The question will be do you want a rookie who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game or a veteran who at least has "been there" as your emergency in-game day QB? More likely that if he shows potential in camp and pre-season, he makes the practice squad and if the wheels fall off on the season, maybe he works his way onto the active roster. But the NFL generally is not "kind" to UDFA QB's from non D1 schools. But at least he has a chance.
                            I think his chance is better with the Bears than anywhere else because Peterman knowingly stinks. At least with Bagent there's that chance. At this point, Peterman is who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I think his chance is better with the Bears than anywhere else because Peterman knowingly stinks. At least with Bagent there's that chance. At this point, Peterman is who he is.
                              Funny position, NFL QB.

There's about, what, 7-8 QBs on the planet deemed NFL elite.

Peterman is never going to win a job out of camp but he is an experienced third-team guy. He's also been around long enough that he probably makes a decent buck for a QB3. Perhaps a big camp could persuade them to save a couple dollars and keep Bagent. Those NFL caps are so tight even a half mil savings can make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I don't know about that...The Commanders #3 QB is Jake Fromm with journeyman Jakobie Briset as QB2 and fifth round second season Sam Howell getting his first season as QB1. THATS a pretty scary in a bad way QB room!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X