Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Ashland will be tough to scout with getting a new QB and other skill players next year.
    They may go portal heavy. They lost a lot more than just the QB. Lot of coin there so they could rebuild quickly.

Comment

Mercy at Ferris week 1, FSU posted their schedule

Of note, Ferris plays at FCS Montana this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post

FSU vs. Montana will be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post

So a Cupcake and then they get bent over for Ferris Bueller State.

Comment

Cal opens the 2023 season on the road against an Alderson-Broaddus team which is currently on a 14 game losing streak dating back to 2021 and are 1-21 in that span. Hue Jackson thinks A-B is a joke.

I'll be blunt: this sucks as a season opener for Cal. You might as well open the season against Lincoln-California, because if A-B has another ugly season, that's not going to bode well for Cal's playoff chances, especially with home cross-overs against Kutztown and Shepherd.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

FSU vs. Montana will be very interesting.
              Montana will blow them out. They’re not an FCS cupcake and they’re also very good at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                Cal opens the 2023 season on the road against an Alderson-Broaddus team which is currently on a 14 game losing streak dating back to 2021 and are 1-21 in that span. Hue Jackson thinks A-B is a joke.

I'll be blunt: this sucks as a season opener for Cal. You might as well open the season against Lincoln-California, because if A-B has another ugly season, that's not going to bode well for Cal's playoff chances, especially with home cross-overs against Kutztown and Shepherd.
                They needed a cupcake to offset the potential losses in Weeks 2 and or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Assuming AB is still open in September, it's probably not a bad game. They'll still have Kutztown, Shepherd, SRU and IUP on the schedule.

But, yes, it will be an anchor all year.

Comment

With how tight everyone's budgets are becoming in our region, a game is a game. Cal wants to play a full slate and found someone to play them. Plus that's a relatively easy 90 minute drive. No need for an overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Assuming AB is still open in September, it's probably not a bad game. They'll still have Kutztown, Shepherd, SRU and IUP on the schedule.

But, yes, it will be an anchor all year.
                      But it will be neutralized by the rest of the schedule as long as they have good records. The Region 3 crybabies accuse Region 1 of staying in region and gaming the system to get playoff spots thry believe they should get…yes they think Region 3 teams should be placed in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But it will be neutralized by the rest of the schedule as long as they have good records. The Region 3 crybabies accuse Region 1 of staying in region and gaming the system to get playoff spots thry believe they should get…yes they think Region 3 teams should be placed in 1.
                        I'd welcome one of their at large in our region to balance things out a bit. Region 1 doesn't deserve 7 spots, the top 5 are pretty solid typically. But after that the last 2 spots should probably be given to teams from stronger conferences.

Nobody likes to admit it, but the PSAC is essentially the AAC of D2. The other conferences are even less thought of then ours. We should have had Davenport in our region last year and shipped either Rock or ND out to Region 3 as a sacrifice. It would have been a good litmus test for the prevailing thought that the 3rd or 4th place team from the GLIAC or MIAA would win our region easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'd welcome one of their at large in our region to balance things out a bit. Region 1 doesn't deserve 7 spots, the top 5 are pretty solid typically. But after that the last 2 spots should probably be given to teams from stronger conferences.

Nobody likes to admit it, but the PSAC is essentially the AAC of D2. The other conferences are even less thought of then ours. We should have had Davenport in our region last year and shipped either Rock or ND out to Region 3 as a sacrifice. It would have been a good litmus test for the prevailing thought that the 3rd or 4th place team from the GLIAC or MIAA would win our region easily.
                          As you saw in that thread, I wasn't having any of their nonsense. The GLIAC is forced to play anyone who will play them because they went from being a 13 team conference to 7 after the private schools mostly in Ohio bolted to form the GMAC. While Region 1 may be the weakest on the field, it's literally the most stable membership wise. The GLIAC can't afford to lose another school. The GSC in Region 2 is facing a massive crisis in 2 years after the three programs they are fostering move over to Conference Carolinas. That leaves 6 left if West Florida, Valdosta and West Georgia don't decide to move up. The Lone State Conference has as many schools outside of Texastan as it does in it. If any of those schools bolt and join the RMAC which is a better fit...they are in trouble. The NE10, Pee Sack, MEC and GMAC have no reason to change a thing...this region seems to be in good shape and the level of competitiveness isn't that far apart like it is in the other three regions. The Region 3 whiners won't talk about how the first week of the playoffs in their region were all massive blowouts while every game in Region 1 was decided by 10 points or less.

Comment

As you saw in that thread, I wasn't having any of their nonsense. The GLIAC is forced to play anyone who will play them because they went from being a 13 team conference to 7 after the private schools mostly in Ohio bolted to form the GMAC. While Region 1 may be the weakest on the field, it's literally the most stable membership wise. The GLIAC can't afford to lose another school. The GSC in Region 2 is facing a massive crisis in 2 years after the three programs they are fostering move over to Conference Carolinas. That leaves 6 left if West Florida, Valdosta and West Georgia don't decide to move up. The Lone State Conference has as many schools outside of Texastan as it does in it. If any of those schools bolt and join the RMAC which is a better fit...they are in trouble. The NE10, Pee Sack, MEC and GMAC have no reason to change a thing...this region seems to be in good shape and the level of competitiveness isn't that far apart like it is in the other three regions. The Region 3 whiners won't talk about how the first week of the playoffs in their region were all massive blowouts while every game in Region 1 was decided by 10 points or less.
                            It's always going to be tough for our region because we have a ton of D2 schools grouped into a small geographic area. Some of the Midwest schools are virtually the only D2 game in town for quite a distance from their campus. There is no equivalent to the PSAC where you have IUP, Clarion, Slippery Rock, Edinboro (and the two Erie schools) grouped within short drive of each other. I don't want to crap on any other school in the conference, but we have a couple of schools that need to get somewhat competitive soon or drop football. The league is starting to get too unbalanced and we're dividing too few recruits among too many schools. Might try to extend the recruiting footprint as well.

Comment

Yea, I agree with all with in terms of stability. That’s not what I was talking about though. I think it would have helped a bit if they shoved Davenport in our region last year and shipped Rock out to play someone in region 3. It would have been nice for either IUP/Shep to send them home packing so we could try and squash the narrative that their middle of the pack teams could win our region is all I was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, I agree with all with in terms of stability. That’s not what I was talking about though. I think it would have helped a bit if they shoved Davenport in our region last year and shipped Rock out to play someone in region 3. It would have been nice for either IUP/Shep to send them home packing so we could try and squash the narrative that their middle of the pack teams could win our region is all I was getting at.
                                The teams out there below their elite aren’t as good as they claim…

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X