Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Actually IUP approached Shepherd last year regarding a visit to Indiana week one before they accepted the challenge at SCS….
    I heard similar. Played IUP twice anyway, probably didn't want to play 3 games in Indiana last year. IMO, I'd rather get outside the conference to play the OOC game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Shepherd does have some opportunities others don't have like name recognition outside the conference, viewed as a strong program, and much more "south" than any of us. Always a possible issue for playoff-minded programs like Shepherd is that a) most schools won't want to schedule unless they have to, and b) most programs in and around our region don't have as much long-term consistency like the better PSAC schools have. For every consistently average to above average West Chester a conference might have, they have a bunch of teams that go from 3-8 to 8-3 then two years later back to 3-8 (especially in the MEC). In the NE-10, any consistently above average team eventually bolts to the NEC (or gets folded into campus consolidation like CW Post). The number of national powers capable of paying a guarantee to make it worth it for Shepherd to play a game in Missouri or Texas are few and far between. There's no way IUP would have signed a 4-year deal with Ashland if AU were in Indiana or Kentucky.
      I agree, Shepherd should have some name recognition and on top of that I think it's time for them as a program to continue to push the envelope and challenge themselves. Going out west without a guarantee and help for travel is probably not in the cards, but going south to the Carolinas or into Indiana/Ohio/Michigan should be entertained.

This year worked out in a sense, as they will be breaking in a new quarterback for the first time since 2017 and replacing some real stars on offense. But the program should be ready for that challenge and hopefully they take it in the coming years. I really enjoyed the Ohio Dominican series recently and think that should be the bar or target at the very least in scheduling that game for Shepherd moving forward.

Shepherd is going to have to broaden the search a bit if they want that game anyway since the natural scheduling with the MEC programs is just not going to happen because of Reid Amos (MEC Commish). Could be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

To be fair to Grand Valley, their 3-year agreement included a trip to Edinboro in 2020. It would have happened if not for the Covid cancellation. I don't know if they requested the two home games or Edinboro asked for them to get the guarantees.
        Ok. Again IUP was not obligated to fill in with less than a weeks notice just because they asked. No good coach would accept that…

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ok. Again IUP was not obligated to fill in with less than a weeks notice just because they asked. No good coach would accept that…
          I think any wrath IUP got from GVSU folks was more anxiety over the last-minute cancellation rather than true contempt that IUP wouldn't play them.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            I have it on good authority that ESU will open the season hosting Pace.
            Good to hear that series continue. Hopefully the Warriors are hungry for revenge.

Comment

I think any wrath IUP got from GVSU folks was more anxiety over the last-minute cancellation rather than true contempt that IUP wouldn't play them.
              Or just shock that IUP didn’t jump when GV snapped their fingers…

Comment

That’s the message I got in the thread where the MIAA commissioner whined about how it’s not fair how Region 3 is set up…and boo Hoo Hoo Region 1 gets a semi final spot.

You sure as hell didn’t diffuse the lie Kle posted that IUP is scared to play Grand Valley in that thread. No team in Their right mind takes a game with less than a weeks notice and we had no obligation to replace Edinboro because they ghosted GV. That was a total made up LIE with no ****ing proof.
                You're deflecting. You said that GV doesn't want to travel to Penn. And you use MIAA commiss to speak for GV? I figured your credibility was poor. Way to confirm it. And your generalizations don't serve you well with trying to make your points.

As for the you and KLE, that's between you 2. It's pretty much deaf ears for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

You're deflecting. You said that GV doesn't want to travel to Penn. And you use MIAA commiss to speak for GV? I figured your credibility was poor. Way to confirm it. And your generalizations don't serve you well with trying to make your points.

As for the you and KLE, that's between you 2. It's pretty much deaf ears for me.
                  They never fared well in PA in the past.

Comment

That’s the message I got in the thread where the MIAA commissioner whined about how it’s not fair how Region 3 is set up…and boo Hoo Hoo Region 1 gets a semi final spot.

You sure as hell didn’t diffuse the lie Kle posted that IUP is scared to play Grand Valley in that thread. No team in Their right mind takes a game with less than a weeks notice and we had no obligation to replace Edinboro because they ghosted GV. That was a total made up LIE with no ****ing proof.
                    Also, Edinboro didn't ghost GV. Your geriatric Xer brain is misunderstanding the Gen Z language. Boro had to cancel because of Covid positive players and coaches making the roster unsafe the play. GV understood that and released Edinboro from the contract.

Comment

Also, Edinboro didn't ghost GV. Your geriatric Xer brain is misunderstanding the Gen Z language. Boro had to cancel because of Covid positive players and coaches making the roster unsafe the play. GV understood that and released Edinboro from the contract.
                      Gen X cleans up Boomer, Millennial and Zoomer messes on a daily basis. Society would crash and burn if Gen X wasn’t keeping it all together.

:-)

It still wasn’t IUP obligation to take GV’s offer with less than a week to play. One GV fan claims IUP was scared to play. It’s nonsense. He’s a millennial too.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

GVSU did have a 3 year series with Edinboro I believe. One in PA, and yes it was cancelled due to Covid, from what I heard. Nothing GVSU could do about that. GVSU travels all around the country for games. No beef from me.

Also, ESU did travel to Ferris a few years ago and took a beatdown. Not like they shied away from the competition. It is tough for a majority of D2 schools to travel around the country for non-conference games. I personally would like to see more, and would love for ESU, or other PSAC schools to travel and play against conference teams outside of our footprint, but financially it is difficult for some schools.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                          Ship hosts Newberry.
                          I never saw that coming. Good for Ship. It sure beats snoring past some bottom-feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I never saw that coming. Good for Ship. It sure beats snoring past some bottom-feeder.
                            Yeah. That means opponents included among Ship's first seven games will be Newberry, IUP, Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown. No wonder we moved Homecoming clear to November for the Lock Haven game. Mac had a very young team last year — obviously I hope some of them will develop so we won't get destroyed in some of these games. I think the next few seasons will be crucial in determining if Ship can get back to something of a competitive status with the upper echelon of the PSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah. That means opponents included among Ship's first seven games will be Newberry, IUP, Shepherd, West Chester, and Kutztown. No wonder we moved Homecoming clear to November for the Lock Haven game. Mac had a very young team last year — obviously I hope some of them will develop so we won't get destroyed in some of these games. I think the next few seasons will be crucial in determining if Ship can get back to something of a competitive status with the upper echelon of the PSAC.
                              Good news: at least in that stretch, you have Seton Hill (Week 2) and Bloomsburg (Week 4).
                              Bad news: after that stretch, you have a Millersville team (Week 8) that could prove to be a sleeper team in the PSAC East given how they finished the season with five wins in their last seven games. And The Powers That Be in Lock Haven didn't do Ship any favors by having Shepherd, West Chester and Kutztown in back-to-back-to-back weeks.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Edinboro is playing at Duquesne (FCS).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X