Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheyney Getting Apparel Line

This is pretty cool. Cheyney is getting its own branded apparel line through Urban Outfitters and Mitchell & Ness.

https://www.phillytrib.com/lifestyle...52ca8dc42.html

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    This is pretty cool. Cheyney is getting its own branded apparel line through Urban Outfitters and Mitchell & Ness.

I guess it's official now. Cheyney is the nation's first HBCU.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess it's official now. Cheyney is the nation's first HBCU.
      Yeah that's a little inaccurate but I doubt Cheyney cares enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Boscov's had a rack of Cheyney stuff a few years ago in the Exton store.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Boscov's had a rack of Cheyney stuff a few years ago in the Exton store.
          My sense is that this is a bigger thing than just the local branding that most schools have. It looks like an extension of the corporate-ization of Cheyney University. Maybe roll it out across the region and beyond. Urban Outfitters is national and it seems like they are behind it.

Comment

My sense is that this is a bigger thing than just the local branding that most schools have. It looks like an extension of the corporate-ization of Cheyney University. Maybe roll it out across the region and beyond. Urban Outfitters is national and it seems like they are behind it.
            Urban Outfitters is headquartered in Philadelphia's Navy Yard industrial complex and has their major distribution center in Gap, Lancaster County.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Urban Outfitters is headquartered in Philadelphia's Navy Yard industrial complex and has their major distribution center in Gap, Lancaster County.
              True. But they have national retail outlets and distribution. They are actually international. They are all over Europe and the Middle East. The question is how far and wide do they want to market Cheyney?

Comment

True. But they have national retail outlets and distribution. They are actually international. They are all over Europe and the Middle East. The question is how far and wide do they want to market Cheyney?
                I'd think regionally (Mid-Atlantic) to start. Somehow, I don't think the Cheyney brand would resonate in Dallas/Fort Worth, but crazier things have happened.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

HBCUs have never been cooler. Once I saw a Howard polo at DSG and regretted not buying it. I went back the next day and it was gone - the worker on the floor said they sell out within a week each time they get them. And not just Howard, I saw online they have Jackson State, Morgan State, and FAMU. Whatever gets Cheyney some money is ultimately good for Cheyney. They're not increasing enrollment as much as they had hoped so they need to find cash.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X