Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You might differently if you were confined to that wheelchair...
    It’s still vandalism. If the person was in the chair and he pushed them down the steps then you have assault at a minimum And possibly attempted murder.

Are you not upset the bar had no restrooms that were handicap accessible? Nobody should have to be carried down steps to have a slash (British slang before you lose your mind over that too)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s still vandalism. If the person was in the chair and he pushed them down the steps then you have assault at a minimum And possibly attempted murder.

Are you not upset the bar had no restrooms that were handicap accessible? Nobody should have to be carried down steps to have a slash (British slang before you lose your mind over that too)
      I don't think you can mandate that any public business has to be on the ground floor...

Comment

I don't think you can mandate that any public business has to be on the ground floor...
        But you can mandate them to be handicap accessible…elevator or ramps.

It turns out three student athletes were involved and they are “temporarily suspended. What is it with the bad behavior of make athletes at Catholic schools in Erie? The girl whose chair got tossed doesn’t want the money being raised.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/0...Wjh8YKKgDZxzcM

Comment

Who does this dink think he is- Richard Widmark in "Kiss of Death"?

Comment

Daddy should have bought one already.
            No doubt. An even better one.

Comment

You might differently if you were confined to that wheelchair...
              If I were confined to a wheelchair and had to choose between having the chair pushed down the stairs or my body pushed down the stairs. It would be an easy choice.

Comment

But you can mandate them to be handicap accessible…elevator or ramps.

It turns out three student athletes were involved and they are “temporarily suspended. What is it with the bad behavior of make athletes at Catholic schools in Erie? The girl whose chair got tossed doesn’t want the money being raised.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/0...Wjh8YKKgDZxzcM
                Sweet kid.

Comment

I call it entitled bro behavior. He’s not sorry he did it. He’s sorry he got caught.
                  I agree. I don't personally know the kid, but he is most likely sorry he got caught. It amazes me how there are those human's that have zero empathy for individuals of disability.

In a way the mindset reminds me of the Murdaugh family. Watch the series on Netflix. People that have money and "power" and think they can do whatever they want. Sorry for the rant, but its sad that we have people that have this mindset and don't care about others' and their livelihoods.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I agree. I don't personally know the kid, but he is most likely sorry he got caught. It amazes me how there are those human's that have zero empathy for individuals of disability.

In a way the mindset reminds me of the Murdaugh family. Watch the series on Netflix. People that have money and "power" and think they can do whatever they want. Sorry for the rant, but its sad that we have people that have this mindset and don't care about others' and their livelihoods.
                    Agreed.

I don’t recall Danny Briere being any sort of dickhead off the ice. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t but he’s a lousy father at minimum if this is how his son turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

If I were confined to a wheelchair and had to choose between having the chair pushed down the stairs or my body pushed down the stairs. It would be an easy choice.
                      Let's hope you never find out...

Comment

the kid a stupid thing....much like a lot of college kids do when they show off and/or drink too much or both. Unfort. everything seems to be everyone's business and everyone has an opinion. This doesn't seem to be his first issue though, at some point he needs to learn from his mistakes...or decisions...much like all adults have to. We forgive those who have done much worse, hopefully everyone can remember it could have been their stupid-ass kid. I have a 4.0 student, dean's list every semester, college athlete, and community service organizer.. and he's done some stupid too.

Comment

This isn't his first rodeo. He was also booted from Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            This isn't his first rodeo. He was also booted from Arizona State.
                            According to the Google machine, he was kicked from the TEAM (not university) after one semester, too. At least from what we know. If he were kicked out of the whole school there would have been some sort of news story about the incident. Tells me he had an incident so severe he wasn't worth having around. Even with rich Dad.

In my 20 years working with college students, I've seen what I assume to be his type before. Rich kid grew up around other rich kids. Dad's money distanced son from any personal responsibility and takes a lot of things for granted. Entitled about some things. But then goes to college and realizes Dad's money makes him a big fish in a small pond. The lack of responsibility and new freedom away from Dad's house results in bad decisions. Suddenly Junior is acting out to draw attention to himself so people know who he is because his self-image is Dad's money. I'll give him somewhat of a pass in this incident because even good natured people make stupid decisions while in groups and/or drinking. Behind the scenes, Dad is laying down the hammer not out of ethics but because this incident embarrassed Dad. Until he can't stand the sight of Junior failing on his own. Then Dad's money buys him a 3rd chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

According to the Google machine, he was kicked from the TEAM (not university) after one semester, too. At least from what we know. If he were kicked out of the whole school there would have been some sort of news story about the incident. Tells me he had an incident so severe he wasn't worth having around. Even with rich Dad.

In my 20 years working with college students, I've seen what I assume to be his type before. Rich kid grew up around other rich kids. Dad's money distanced son from any personal responsibility and takes a lot of things for granted. Entitled about some things. But then goes to college and realizes Dad's money makes him a big fish in a small pond. The lack of responsibility and new freedom away from Dad's house results in bad decisions. Suddenly Junior is acting out to draw attention to himself so people know who he is because his self-image is Dad's money. I'll give him somewhat of a pass in this incident because even good natured people make stupid decisions while in groups and/or drinking. Behind the scenes, Dad is laying down the hammer not out of ethics but because this incident embarrassed Dad. Until he can't stand the sight of Junior failing on his own. Then Dad's money buys him a 3rd chance.
                              Sounds credible enough. I didn't actually see the video until yesterday. It seems different to me. This isn't where he's exploiting other people or taking advantage because of his background. To do what he did, even if you are intoxicated, is really cruel. Some basic things the kid doesn't understand. Why would anyone do that under any circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by playersdad View Post
                                the kid a stupid thing....much like a lot of college kids do when they show off and/or drink too much or both. Unfort. everything seems to be everyone's business and everyone has an opinion. This doesn't seem to be his first issue though, at some point he needs to learn from his mistakes...or decisions...much like all adults have to. We forgive those who have done much worse, hopefully everyone can remember it could have been their stupid-ass kid. I have a 4.0 student, dean's list every semester, college athlete, and community service organizer.. and he's done some stupid too.
                                I flat out reject that this "could have been their stupid-ass kid". Some of us took the time to reach their children respect and compassion. Look how many people walked past that chair without touching it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X