Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU vs UNCP / Hurricane Dorian

Well, I understand that UNCP has canceled classes starting on Wednesday in preparations of the Hurricane, scheduled to effect the area on Thursday. At this point, I'm not sure if the WSSU vs UNCP game scheduled for Thursday night is still on, will be postponed, or canceled.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Well, I understand that UNCP has canceled classes starting on Wednesday in preparations of the Hurricane, scheduled to effect the area on Thursday. At this point, I'm not sure if the WSSU vs UNCP game scheduled for Thursday night is still on, will be postponed, or canceled.
    https://www.twitter.com/WSSU_Athleti...68493518180358
    Last edited by DCAbloob; 09-02-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Y'all be careful down there.

Comment

Good old NC weather seems to love throwing a wrench into this game. This will mark the third season in a row that weather has caused the game to be moved. 2017 kickoff was moved up to 3:00 on a Thursday afternoon, 2018 the game was moved from a Saturday to a Sunday, and this year the game is moving from a Thursday to a Saturday. I also want to say in 2014 there was a very long lightning delay during that game.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
          Good old NC weather seems to love throwing a wrench into this game. This will mark the third season in a row that weather has caused the game to be moved. 2017 kickoff was moved up to 3:00 on a Thursday afternoon, 2018 the game was moved from a Saturday to a Sunday, and this year the game is moving from a Thursday to a Saturday. I also want to say in 2014 there was a very long lightning delay during that game.
          I was thinking that there was a 4th game impacted. I seem to recall that 2014 game as well.

Comment

This should make for a great crowd now.

Comment

No matter if you're a Braves or Rams fan, what a heck of a great game!! A true thriller, and fantastic Division 2 football atmosphere.

Moving forward, best of luck to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                No matter if you're a Braves or Rams fan, what a heck of a great game!! A true thriller, and fantastic Division 2 football atmosphere.

Moving forward, best of luck to both teams.
                It ended up being what we have come to expect from a WSSU v. UNCP game. The Rams find a way to go up by double digits, but don't close the door when they have the chance. Then UNCP comes back. Sometimes it ends in UNCP's favor and sometimes it ends in WSSU's favor. One positive is the QB play was better for both teams this time around (and both are only Sophomores).

This was my first time actually making it to UNCP for the game, since the others have been Thursday nights, and I must say they have a decent little set up. I'm guessing the students being sent home for the Hurricane probably hurt attendance, but it was still a decent crowd and the WSSU fans showed up strong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X