Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
    The question I have now about WSSU is whether they will end up 0-4. Also, I am not so sure that they can win the Southern Division unless they right the ship. I am starting to look at the coaching sideways after yesterday's game. Just saying.
    I think the TU game and Bowie game are both very winnable games for us.

LR has provided the game plan on beating VUU, go all out on stopping Taylor and force their passing game to beat you. Now granted that's easier said then done.

I still like our odds in all our games in the South. FSUs offense has been fairly bad this year, JCSU beat a bad Benedict team off of a total of like 5 big plays, St Augs is bad, LC has been beating bad schools, and Shaw is the one I'm actually worried about the most. Shaw had Bowie beat but imploded on special teams at the end of the game. Hopefully by the time we play them we would have figured everything out.

Even though we are 0-2 we could easily be 2-0 right now. We just have to learn to close the door when we get a chance. Two weeks in a row we didn't capitalize on redzone trips in the third that would have put us up by multiple scores.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Ready View Post
      Hey WSSU fans are you all going to travel deep to Skegee saturday?
      I'm personally not making the trip, but I know we have some posters on this board who will be there. We also have a decent alumni base in ATL who should be making the game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
        The question I have now about WSSU is whether they will end up 0-4. Also, I am not so sure that they can win the Southern Division unless they right the ship. I am starting to look at the coaching sideways after yesterday's game. Just saying.
        I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I might be wrong, but it seemed to me that the WSSU coaches took their foot off the gas and Catawba just kept on coming. The offense can't move the ball at times, leaving the defense out there a long time. I was at the game and I really didn't sense any urgency from the team until the last drive of the game. But I agree with you that 0-4 might be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I'm personally not making the trip, but I know we have some posters on this board who will be there. We also have a decent alumni base in ATL who should be making the game as well.
          Does anyone know if Tuskegee or anyone will be live streaming the game?

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I might be wrong, but it seemed to me that the WSSU coaches took their foot off the gas and Catawba just kept on coming. The offense can't move the ball at times, leaving the defense out there a long time. I was at the game and I really didn't sense any urgency from the team until the last drive of the game. But I agree with you that 0-4 might be happening.
            It is a very strong possibility that WSSU could start the season 0-5. Can't overlook Bowie, either.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

You know what I think would really help the offense? Use Q. Sloane on early downs and stop waiting until obvious passing situations. I know he's a smaller RB but he's shown he can gain more yards with a bit more consistency than Murchison.

Comment

Originally posted by 804ram07 View Post

You know what I think would really help the offense? Use Q. Sloane on early downs and stop waiting until obvious passing situations. I know he's a smaller RB but he's shown he can gain more yards with a bit more consistency than Murchison.
                I agree 100%. I like Murchison, but he is a power back that seems to do the most damage between the tackles. When they have tried to run him on the outside, or throw the quick pass to him, those plays haven't worked out so well.

Sloane is good catching out the backfield, good on the outside runs, and has made some decent cuts on the inside runs to pickup good yards. Sloane seems to give us more options out the backfield so I would like to see more series where he starts out on the early downs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X