Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempers Flare After Game!(WSSU)

To say that I was surprised that there was a brawl after the WSSU and JCSU game to me was expected. There was the usual barking and chest beating as each team pasted each other coming out of the dressing rooms before the start of the game. Anyone who has played the game before knows the adrenaline is in effect for a half quarter and then ability takes over. The real player is brought down to earth. Here is where the problem came in on Saturday. In my view there was was too trash talking going on in between and after tackles. Though most players on both teams brought their spirit of competition some were on a mission to hurt. It was obvious that the losing steak of 18 years were the motivation of the day for Smith. When the officiating crew did not take control and stop the extra activity of talking and physical intimidation the situation got worst as the game wore on. One incident, Smith's #97 tackled WSSU's #80 after a short pass reception in front of Smith sideline and during the tackle #80 was punched and his helmet ripped off. It was in the third quarter and sure enough #97 was given an unsportsman penalty but the stage was already set. So when you add in all the trash talking, lack of control by officials, the losing streak, and JCSU's performance of their run game being shut down frustration took over and you got what you got. I am disappointed in both schools teams roles in the brawl and I await to see what if anything the administration of both WSSU and JCSU, head coaches, and the CIAA are going to do. In what I saw yesterday, I would put both teams on probation for the rest of the year, as well as all of next season, that if this behavior happens again there will be a forfeit of the offending game. The CIAA has to send a message to save the CIAA's image. If not you can say goodbye to corporate dollars. Love my RAMS but when you wrong I got to call it like I see it. We are better than that.

Why is it that WSSU is always involved in these situations?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post
      gr8ness97 it is my quess that WSSU is a target in the CIAA. WSSU is everybody's homecoming and money game. Since I can remember WSSU has always done things the right way, no cheating scandles, ineligible players, voided championships or games. Lastly, because WSSU has been so successful they tend to talk the maximum amount of trash and teams seems to take it more personal than it need to be. Saturday was an example of, I don't mind you kicking my ass, but just don't holler at me. WSSU talked trash and kicked butt. Smith took exception and now they want to fight.
      Last edited by callen2525; 10-16-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

It's not always WSSU. In recent years I remember a big fight in the handshake line between Chowan and ECSU. Also a few years back there was a fight so bad during the game between Livingstone and VA Lynchburg that the game had to be called early.

Comment

No discipline, no head coaching job for the interim at WSSU

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
            No discipline, no head coaching job for the interim at WSSU
            Based off of our 2-4 record and blowing 4th quarter leads, I don't think Massey had much of a chance getting the full time job. However, the loss and post game fight might have just been the last straw to guarantee Blount won't be getting a contract extension at JCSU.

Comment

Little late, but can't forget about this one from the world of basketball back in 2018. It even made the local news.

https://www.nbc12.com/story/37351101...sketball-game/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X