Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU's next athletics director, Etienne Thomas, calls it her 'dream job'

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...b6564d0.html#1

As they say in the legal world, I reserve the right to call this witness at a later time. No comment right now!!!
    However, I will say that one thing that jumps out is five year contract at 165,000 per year.

Comment

It sounds like she will be able to do a good job. She made a good hire at KSU in the football coach so I hope she can do the same. Anything less than a total house cleaning will be disappointing in my view. We will see.

Comment

Cautiously optimistic... Stay tuned

Comment

I'm just commenting so you not talking to yourself anymore. Don't mind me....

Comment

I do have to ask the question about Coach Massey. Do you hire him and allow him to see if he can bring the program back or just scrap it all and bring in new blood?

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
              I do have to ask the question about Coach Massey. Do you hire him and allow him to see if he can bring the program back or just scrap it all and bring in new blood?
              Massey has now had 7 seasons of head coaching experience in the CIAA. At LC over two seasons he went 2-18, he inherited a Shaw program that was only a couple of years removed from the playoffs and went 14-26 over four seasons, and now he went 4-6 at WSSU. 5 of those losses saw WSSU leading at half and a few of the losses saw WSSU losing the game late in the 4th quarter.

Massey seems like a good guy and a great position coach, but his track record shows that he just isn't built to be a head coach to get teams to the next level. I don't believe Massey is the coach to get us back to the CIAA championship and playoffs.

Comment

I side with LegalRam on this. We need new blood, new culture, new philosophies, innovation and professionalism throughout the athletics department.

Comment

Also, NO MORE DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS as HC! Offensive coordinators/minded individuals need only apply!!

Comment

I just saw where Catawba plays Lenoir Rhyne this weekend and they are 1-9 this season. Do you mean to say that we lost to a team that went 1-9? How much does that say about where our program is and we want to keep ANY of the coaches? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by OGramball3r View Post
                      Also, NO MORE DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS as HC! Offensive coordinators/minded individuals need only apply!!
                      I strongly agree. Also, I would love to see Jason Mai return as HC with Phillip Simms(HC of John Marshall HS, Richmond Va) as OC. But we do need new blood and a more up to date offensive scheme.

Comment

Lets hire Henry Frazier! He is a great coach and the mastermind behind Bowie State's success....at least in large part. If Howard does not go after him they should be shot!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X