Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I have never hoped on anybody's jock, but no knocking what you might like to do with your free time.

I've watched Carson Newman play this year as well as most of the SAC. I realize there's more than just the CIAA and with the invention of the internet I'm able to watch other teams games.

I actually did have you guys picked to beat West Bama last year. Also realize that it took your All American QB, who was probably the 2nd best QB to come through the CIAA in the past decade, throwing for 360 yards to get that win.

Knowing y'all have been set up over the last few years on needing good QB passing abilities, and knowing good QB passing is what it takes to move on in the playoffs, we have naturally questioned your QB's arm based on some suspect performances.

You talk about him being POY and his progression, but you have yet to address his 9-21 90 yards passing on Saturday. Do you honestly think Bowie can beat CN if he has another performance like last Saturday?

I honestly want you guys to win, but you being blinded by Bowie makes it hard. I thought 2015 humbled you after losing the CIAA Championship and getting blown out the playoffs. But it seems like not getting embarrassed by Delta State in 2017 and beating West Bama last year has your head in the clouds again.

You got to understand we are simply bringing up valid points. Your QB has had some off games passing which includes his very last game. He's only really had one POY quality passing game against good competition.

Since you seem not to have understood what I was saying before, I am pulling for Bowie. I think Bowie can win but they will have to have good QB passing production. I don't think Bowie can win if the QB has a sub 100 yard passing day.
    Come on Legal, you know BSURover's routine. He will go MIA as soon as Bowie loses and we won't hear from him until Bowie is hot mid-season 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Come on Legal, you know BSURover's routine. He will go MIA as soon as Bowie loses and we won't hear from him until Bowie is hot mid-season 2020.
      And we ALL know the typical bitter Winston posters who communicates as if they are looking down their noses at other teams. As if WInston is still in their glory days. Wishing their team was still relevant, but want to bash the undefeated team and the Offensive POY. One thing that's consistent with me is I been riding for my team hard on this site since like 2012. So, yes I'm going to defend the players when I see an incorrect analysis of them. Winston hasn't had a QB since like 2011, so I don't expect you to recognize a great QB when you see it. That kid is special. He is a transfer who hasn't even been in the offense a full year. Don't worry he will be back next year to beat yall, yet again.

Since ya'll so busy analyzing the dawgs, analyze that defense and the turnovers we have been creating.Damn shame it takes a columnist from another conference to be the voice of reason in a CIAA chat lol.. Stop hating, one day Winston will be back, but for now looks like Shaw is about to run the south

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

And we ALL know the typical bitter Winston posters who communicates as if they are looking down their noses at other teams. As if WInston is still in their glory days. Wishing their team was still relevant, but want to bash the undefeated team and the Offensive POY. One thing that's consistent with me is I been riding for my team hard on this site since like 2012. So, yes I'm going to defend the players when I see an incorrect analysis of them. Winston hasn't had a QB since like 2011, so I don't expect you to recognize a great QB when you see it. That kid is special. He is a transfer who hasn't even been in the offense a full year. Don't worry he will be back next year to beat yall, yet again.

Since ya'll so busy analyzing the dawgs, analyze that defense and the turnovers we have been creating.Damn shame it takes a columnist from another conference to be the voice of reason in a CIAA chat lol.. Stop hating, one day Winston will be back, but for now looks like Shaw is about to run the south
        Difference between you and us is we are critical of our teams. We recognize our weaknesses even when we are hot.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

Can we get a fact check on the WSSU QB since 2011 statement? Are you sure about this?

Comment

Lol I'll leave that up to you guys. We don't have to go back far in history to find our star quarterbacks, because we have been fortunate enough to recruit great at the position. Playoff football means you have to be able to run the football and stop the run, we are very good at both. It's going to rain on Saturday, so it may come down to who can run the ball and protect the ball the most. I like our chances.

FYI Cease Fire.. I'd much rather talk about the playoffs than trade barbs, but you guys were underestimating a great player and I had to let you know about it.

#GoCIAA
            #GoldPride
            #BiteDown

Comment

Normally I will allow and not address people who are blowing their own horn, I wait until they run out of air. I read your post and since I am a Winston poster you were talking about me. Well, I am going to just say this about you and BSU, I wish at this point good luck and God speed for BSU who now represent the CIAA to which WSSU is a member. I am not going to address the "big time talk" about your BSU team to which you once played for. I understand where you are right now simply because the BSU program has only recently been the "conversation" of winners and contenders to which WSSU has a winning traditional program to which a game with WSSU is our opponents homecoming game and the attendance is multiplied. So go ahead a brag while the bragging is good but you must continue to win. When I coached I used to tell my players, It's not bragging if you can do it. Go Bulldogs!!

Comment

From what I am hearing, CN has had problems handiing mobile QBs all year. Johnson may not have to pass much if that holds true. On the other hand, the option offense they run will be a very different animal for the BSU defense. Turnovers could be the difference. They run the ball very well but do turn it over a good bit. Should be interesting. CN has a mobile qb as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OGramball3r View Post
                  From what I am hearing, CN has had problems handiing mobile QBs all year. Johnson may not have to pass much if that holds true. On the other hand, the option offense they run will be a very different animal for the BSU defense. Turnovers could be the difference. They run the ball very well but do turn it over a good bit. Should be interesting. CN has a mobile qb as well.
                  I can't necessarily agree with two of your points amigo. CN had two awful games with turnovers (4 vs Wingate and 3 vs Lenoir-Rhyne), but outside of that the Eagles do a pretty good job. It was also against two teams that see the veer every single year. Half of the fumbles for the year were in those 2 games I believe. You are however, exactly correct that if the Eagles turn the ball over and make easy work for Bowie, it will be a long day. But if the Eagles take care of the football, could be the polar opposite and be a long day for our friends at Bowie.

As far as problems with a mobile QB who can run, you got some bad information my friend. They gave up 44 yards rushing against Newberry's QB I believe, but nobody outside of him has done anything.

Comment

The information on your problems with mobile qb's is what your video/tv announcers kept stating in the Catawba game. They also put the ball on the ground that game. They won going away but if the people that cover your games are saying these things I think it has some merit because they do get to see alot of the games. Now if this is true, Johnson will have a big game because he is a very good runner but it all depends.
                    Last edited by OGramball3r; 11-22-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

As far as mobile QBs, Maybe in the past they had but not this year. Idk why that would have been said honestly. Theres no statistical evidence to support that. Literally none.

Comment

Well, it's time for another one of my weird Nostrabumbazz predictions.

The lines have been drawn as the next step is at stake.
                        The Dogs have bent but not been broken in controlling their fate.
                        The Bird soars high with a sharp eye on it's prey.
                        With the fans concerned about the outcome of the day.
                        The battlefield is aligned with big thoughts of desire.
                        The warriors clash hard feeling the pain hour by hour.
                        As the dust of cloud settles the talons win over the K-9's bite.
                        However, it's the Dogs that win respect from their close fight.
                        Now a closer parity is the talk of the town and it's certainly not wrong
                        When next year's selections are made the Dogs and others no doubt belong.

Best of luck to both teams!!

Comment

So why does the CIAA Sports Network have the video starting at 2:54 PM, yet the game starts at 1:00? Click image for larger version

Name:	Broadcast_Screenshot.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	457639

Comment

Originally posted by CNC Maniac 1 View Post
                            So why does the CIAA Sports Network have the video starting at 2:54 PM, yet the game starts at 1:00? Click image for larger version

Name:	Broadcast_Screenshot.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	457639
                            Yeah What's the deal with that??? Wanted to jump between the Shep/IUP game & CN/BS but they got the GAME TIME WRONG ???? WTH

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

Yeah What's the deal with that??? Wanted to jump between the Shep/IUP game & CN/BS but they got the GAME TIME WRONG ???? WTH
                              I'm hoping it's just a typo and they meant "12:54 pm" and it'll actually start around that time, but otherwise that's a pretty bad error, especially for playoffs.

Comment

Checking in live from Bulldogs Stadium.. Doesn't look like it will rain. We have field turf, so field conditions won't be a factor. Carson Newman has traveled well. Bowie fans sprinkling in slow as usual. They show up AT gametime usually lol. Looking forward to a great game!

#GoldPride
                                #Bitedown

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X