Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Murfreesboro

Hello fellow CIAA members! I am excited to join the board and engage in discussion about our historic conference. My family has just relocated to Murfreesboro, NC for a job at Chowan. This is my first immersion in the D2 ranks, as I attended and worked at an FCS school for the past 10 years (Jacksonville State in Alabama). I'm looking forward to getting familiar with D2, the CIAA, and Chowan. Best of luck to Bowie State, as they rep the CIAA in the playoffs.

Go Hawks!

Welcome to the board and welcome to the Carolinas. With the season coming to an end traffic may die down a little, but with the coaching turnover that is expected there should be some action to keep peoples interest during the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaHawk View Post
      Hello fellow CIAA members! I am excited to join the board and engage in discussion about our historic conference. My family has just relocated to Murfreesboro, NC for a job at Chowan. This is my first immersion in the D2 ranks, as I attended and worked at an FCS school for the past 10 years (Jacksonville State in Alabama). I'm looking forward to getting familiar with D2, the CIAA, and Chowan. Best of luck to Bowie State, as they rep the CIAA in the playoffs.

Go Hawks!
      Welcome to the board!

Since you're new to D2 completely, I would maybe suggest bouncing around some of the other conferences as well - if you'd like a look at the national picture. We also have a decently active basketball section as well that's worth visiting.

Like LegalRam said, board traffic will taper off a bit now that the season is over, but we'd love to have you back next year as well!

Comment

Welcome. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING ON HERE PERSONAL. We all share the love of football especially in the CIAA.

Comment

Welcome to the board, BamaHawk!

Comment

Welcome... Read everything, believe nothing! Lol

Comment

Welcome, maybe now we will get more input from the Chowan crowd! You can start by measuring just how committed they are to having a winning football program and if there are plans to abandon the CIAA in football. Haven't they done that for some of the other sports?

Comment

Originally posted by OGramball3r View Post
                Welcome, maybe now we will get more input from the Chowan crowd! You can start by measuring just how committed they are to having a winning football program and if there are plans to abandon the CIAA in football. Haven't they done that for some of the other sports?
                I wish I could provide some insight regarding their commitment to creating a winning program and future plans. I hope so, as I came from a school with a rich tradition and solid commitment to athletic success. I am aware that Chowan left the CIAA to join Conference Carolinas in several sports. I honestly think it was because they felt they could be more competitive in the conference and desired to form rivalries with other private religious schools. As for departing the CIAA in football, I hope that is not an issue. Our only other option would be the SAC, they've just added Limestone and are at an odd number of football participants (9). I'm not sure if that means anything. At the moment I expect Chowan to remain a member of the conference, at least that is my hope.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaHawk View Post

I wish I could provide some insight regarding their commitment to creating a winning program and future plans. I hope so, as I came from a school with a rich tradition and solid commitment to athletic success. I am aware that Chowan left the CIAA to join Conference Carolinas in several sports. I honestly think it was because they felt they could be more competitive in the conference and desired to form rivalries with other private religious schools. As for departing the CIAA in football, I hope that is not an issue. Our only other option would be the SAC, they've just added Limestone and are at an odd number of football participants (9). I'm not sure if that means anything. At the moment I expect Chowan to remain a member of the conference, at least that is my hope.
                  Commitment to winning? They just stayed in house for a head coach from a losing program. Looks like they just are running an enrollment program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X