@ VUU (Cross Over) 9/28
    Bowie State (Cross Over) 10/5
    JCSU 10/12
    @ St Augs 10/19
    @ LC 10/26
    Shaw 11/2
    FSU 11/9
    CIAA Championship 11/16
    Last edited by LegalRam; 12-17-2018, 08:37 AM.

Re: 2019 Schedules

Shaw @ Campbell (FCS) 9/7

Comment

Saw our 2019 schedule online and yeah it's a doozy! Losing 12 starters, one of which was a top runner in all of D2 football. Boulware has to bring a new approach or we could realistically start the season 0-4 or 5! Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just realistic given where the program is and what we've seen in the last four seasons. Praying a change of focus happens this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post
        Saw our 2019 schedule online and yeah it's a doozy! Losing 12 starters, one of which was a top runner in all of D2 football. Boulware has to bring a new approach or we could realistically start the season 0-4 or 5! Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just realistic given where the program is and what we've seen in the last four seasons. Praying a change of focus happens this offseason.
        My biggest concern is the D line, we lose a lot of D linemen and the D line has been one of our strengths year in and out. On the positive: we return our QB; a few starting OL; two good RB's and the potential for Murchison to come back; and pretty much our whole secondary. If we can hit the transfer route hard to fill in gaps for the OL and DL then I think we have a bright outlook.

Comment

Good looking schedule!

Comment

Looking at that first game at UNCP, my ole Braves bud said they they're going to be pretty good this coming year because almost everyone's coming back. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured it was pride talking, but then I checked. Surprisingly, UNCP's top 4 rushers, top 5 receivers, and both of their starting and backup QBs are all coming back, add in a D2 All American Kicker, their whole O-Line, along with most of their starting defense players returning, and he may have a legitimate reason to be pretty optimistic.
            Last edited by Eagle74; 12-18-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

This is what I read too.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/ws...df1aa737d.html

Comment

Just based off of this year's schedule I'd assume Bowie State will host Alderson Broadus *sp* and McKendree next season. Also it may not happen next season, but in the next 3 to 4 years we'll likely see Bowie schedule Frostburg State who'll be moving up from D3.

Comment

WSSU can have all the talent it wants but if the coaching is not on point it won't mean a thing. Ask VUU with all those Florida and UVA transfers and they laid an egg about two years ago. That is where you start, the coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    Good looking schedule!
                    Yeah, I'm happy we were able to pull 3 D2 OOC games which should be a challenge. Originally we had a game at Hampton scheduled for 2019, but I guess their move to the Big South put that game on hold.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
                      WSSU can have all the talent it wants but if the coaching is not on point it won't mean a thing. Ask VUU with all those Florida and UVA transfers and they laid an egg about two years ago. That is where you start, the coaching.
                      Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
                        Hear, hear!

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                          Just based off of this year's schedule I'd assume Bowie State will host Alderson Broadus *sp* and McKendree next season. Also it may not happen next season, but in the next 3 to 4 years we'll likely see Bowie schedule Frostburg State who'll be moving up from D3.
                          That's highly doubtful, because the MEC is reportedly going to a full "silo" schedule with the addition of UNC-Pembroke (affiliate membership), Wheeling Jesuit (new program) and Frostburg (from D3), giving the league 12 football teams from 2019 onward.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Bump so this thread doesn't delete

Comment

VA State @ Norfolk State (FCS) 9/7/19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X