Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Schedules

From looking at other schedules it appears St Augs will open up with three straight away games:

Week 1 @ Lenior-Rhyne
    Week 2 @ Mars Hill
    Week 3 @ VA State

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      The Central State game has not been confirmed, but the Benedict game has:

https://fsubroncos.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=132

Comment

I don't believe that Morehouse can schedule a game in Week 3 because of that Week 0 game since, if they end up winning their division, wouldn't the SIAC title game count as the 11th game of their regular season?

Also, Benedict hasn't posted their 2019 schedule yet (unless I missed it somewhere else), so it's probably too early to say the schedule game against Fayetteville has fallen through.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I don't believe that Morehouse can schedule a game in Week 3 because of that Week 0 game since, if they end up winning their division, wouldn't the SIAC title game count as the 11th game of their regular season?

Also, Benedict hasn't posted their 2019 schedule yet (unless I missed it somewhere else), so it's probably too early to say the schedule game against Fayetteville has fallen through.
          That doesn't seemed to have stopped ECSU from scheduling 11 games; however, I doubt they have a chance at making the CIAA championship game.

Comment

What Legal said. ECSU's beat writer (if I am remembering correctly) says that the Vikings scheduled the 11th game by not having as many practices in the preseason. Morehouse is also playing a SWAC FCS school in week 0, so yea.

Both the CIAA and SIAC have championship games, so its not an apparent impediment. But Morehouse does have an opportunity to get to the SIAC champ game. ECSU....not very high chances to make it.

Comment

I see Lincoln is using their out of conference game as a payday to travel down to Dover to take on Delaware State University. Any idea what DSU is giving them? DSU hasn't been good in recent years so if Lincoln can muster any offense they definitely have a shot at stealing a win as well as what should be a decent paycheck lol. Also noticed that DSU isn't playing a money game against a FBS opponent instead they are playing 7 home games betting on good attendance for a majority of their games to generate revenue which is smart but also very risky for a program that could probably use the guaranteed money to increase scholarships and improve their high school looking stadium

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                I see Lincoln is using their out of conference game as a payday to travel down to Dover to take on Delaware State University. Any idea what DSU is giving them? DSU hasn't been good in recent years so if Lincoln can muster any offense they definitely have a shot at stealing a win as well as what should be a decent paycheck lol. Also noticed that DSU isn't playing a money game against a FBS opponent instead they are playing 7 home games betting on good attendance for a majority of their games to generate revenue which is smart but also very risky for a program that could probably use the guaranteed money to increase scholarships and improve their high school looking stadium
                Lincoln has issues on both sides of the ball though. Their biggest offensive weapon in QB Espinoza graduated, their OL is still rather porous, and the D wasnt very good last year. Lincoln also doesn't much depth either, so I think DSU's 45+ scholarship advantage will overwhelm the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by kjb0615 View Post
                  VSU 2019 Schedule

Sep 7 (Sat) 6 p.m. at Norfolk State University
                  Norfolk, VA

Sep 14 (Sat) 6 p.m. vs University of NC at Pembroke *Military Appreciation*
                  Ettrick, VA Rogers Stadium

Sep 21 (Sat) 6 p.m. vs St. Augustine's University

Sep 28 (Sat) 6 p.m. vs Johnson C. Smith University

Oct 5 (Sat) 1 p.m. at Shaw University
                  Raleigh, NC

Oct 12 (Sat) 1:30 p.m. at Elizabeth City State University
                  Elizabeth City, NC

Oct 19 (Sat) 2 p.m. vs Bowie State University *Homecoming*

Oct 26 (Sat) TBA at Lincoln University (Pa.)
                  Lincoln, PA

Nov 2 (Sat) TBA at Chowan University
                  Murfreesboro, NC

Nov 9 (Sat) 2 p.m. vs Virginia Union University
                  Looks like you guys lost a home game. St Augs schedule shows them hosting, and it looks like you alls schedule was updated to show an away game.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                    Looks like you guys lost a home game. St Augs schedule shows them hosting, and it looks like you alls schedule was updated to show an away game.
                    That is correct. I believe it was changed back to St. Aug hosting because of the weather related cancellation last year.

Comment

So I blame this on none of us actually paying attention to Lincoln's schedule, but their game that was originally scheduled against Kentucky State in Gary, Indiana for some reason got cancelled and that is how the matchup in week 3 with FSU came about.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X