X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a rerun of the "Twilight Zone"
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Didn't the current strategic plan say something about a possible move to FCS? I have to review it again but I thought I saw that. Anyway, as an alum I wouldn't want to go to the MEAC anyway. To move up to the worst conference in D1 is crazy for a million dollars. I don't want to stay in D2 forever because winning a championship doesn't seems like it helps the school's visibility.

WSSU folks - Did winning a D2 championship help the school? If so, in what ways

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post

Didn't the current strategic plan say something about a possible move to FCS? I have to review it again but I thought I saw that. Anyway, as an alum I wouldn't want to go to the MEAC anyway. To move up to the worst conference in D1 is crazy for a million dollars. I don't want to stay in D2 forever because winning a championship doesn't seems like it helps the school's visibility.

WSSU folks - Did winning a D2 championship help the school? If so, in what ways
        WSSU didn't win.

It's helped a lot of schools without a doubt.

Comment

From what I've heard NCCU holds the cards for the MEAC future as long as they stand pat the conference will survive with it's current members. Can't see any expansion as no CIAA schools are in position to make the jump up besides maybe VSU or WSSU if they wanted to jump back up. I don't see the NEC knocking on DSU's door so they have no other conference to jump to and they're too prideful to drop down to D2. That leaves BCU and SCSU both who face financial and or accreditation issues as the big pieces to the puzzle. If they stabilize enrollment/finances/accreditation then the MEAC will stick as is.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
            From what I've heard NCCU holds the cards for the MEAC future as long as they stand pat the conference will survive with it's current members. Can't see any expansion as no CIAA schools are in position to make the jump up besides maybe VSU or WSSU if they wanted to jump back up. I don't see the NEC knocking on DSU's door so they have no other conference to jump to and they're too prideful to drop down to D2. That leaves BCU and SCSU both who face financial and or accreditation issues as the big pieces to the puzzle. If they stabilize enrollment/finances/accreditation then the MEAC will stick as is.
            WSSU is in no position to revisit a Division I transition. We are D2 for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X